First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 6, 2019
We were very fast passed at the location i was at. i loves all of my coworkers. They would have small goals for us each month. Whoever had over certain amount of sales in a quarter would receive $300.
Easy Going Culture
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILOctober 26, 2018
Growing bank, lots of developing changes
Everyone is pretty friendly
You meet a lot of the other staff from other branches across the state
Very customer & community oriented
Believes in promoting within
Great Opportunity
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 14, 2018
Leadership at First Mid is extremely organized. They take care of their employees. I would highly recommend anyone and everyone to be a part of their team.
Relaxed environment along with great training.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 21, 2018
Learned to count money efficiently
Learned to maintain/update account information
Improved customer service skills
Developed management skills.
Provided customer with all of our products we offered i.e checking accounts/ savings accounts/ IRAs / CD's
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Sit for long periods of time doing nothing.
Fun place and great training.
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2018
This company has a great training program both initally and continued. They were based far from where my branch was so there wasn't much growth potential.
Simple and Easy job
Teller I (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 5, 2018
The culture of First Mid is great. It's really easy to get along with your coworkers and training and support material is easy to access. They also have programs that assist you in purchasing work appropriate clothing that is a great benefit to those who need assistance purchasing professional clothing.
Pros
Dress Program
Cons
Low pay
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 17, 2017
Working at First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust was enjoyable. I was able to hold different positions throughout the company and meet many wonderful people.
Customer service is key
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Neoga, ILApril 30, 2017
A typical day at work is all about customer service. Meeting the needs of the customer standing in front of you or the customer you have on the phone. You could be doing a transaction or opening an account for them. There is a whole range of options that the customer may need and it is just being there to help them with those. There are thousands of dollars that will go through your hands in one day and at the end of the day, you will need to balance your cash drawer. The hardest part of my job is when a customer doesn't understand something and they take their frustrations out on you. If you stay calm, the customer will normally calm down also. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers, but also making sure everything balances at the end of the day. The management at this location has been interrupted due to an accident. Due to the accident and a missing person of the team, I have volunteered to take on any extra work that needed to be done.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses are available
Cons
There are not 8 hours of work in a day.
great customers and great people.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 27, 2016
Great hours and wonderful people to work with. It is a job to love and many opportunities to advance yourself. Great products that are wonderful for the customer.
Pros
great place with great people
Growing community bank
Bank Teller (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILNovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work can vary from extremely busy to slow and boring. The company as a whole is a great company. The front-line management can be suspect at times and out of touch with employees. Most issues are small, however. Opportunities for advancement within the company are limited and hard to come by.
Best job ever
First Mid (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 8, 2014
fun group to work with
best team to work with
no drama
great co workers
Very enjoyable position with great co-workers and management.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 28, 2013
Absolutely loved this position, as I was able to learn most all facets of bookkeeping. The learning experience was pretty much daily over the course of 5 years. Leaving this particular position was not easy as I really wanted to advance further in a company in which I was comfortable and felt confident. Each day was much like all the others, with the exception being different customers and situations. Enjoyed going to work each day knowing that I would be able to experience new things and therefore be a better customer service person to the people in which I would have contact that day.
Pros
Steady hours, great co-workers and environment
Cons
Pay was not as competitive nor as high as most other places
Productive day and great work environment
CSR/TELLER (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at work is cahing checks, deposits, withdrawals, cashiers checks, money orders, opening accounts, issuing debit cards, repinning debit cards, stop payments, transfers, and wires.

Friendly staff but does need improvement on managment. I enjoy my job. I find that I do my job very well. I enjoy working with the public and helping customers.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low salary
Fub
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, IL 61938July 23, 2012
Enjoyable place to work. Great place if you have a family to care for.