First Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Too small and not enough diversity
Regional Mortgage Executive- Correspondent Lending (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 25, 2018
This wasn't a bad company they were a big player in the FHA lower FICO bands and really had a niche in that area. The opportunity might have been better had I worked in the wholesale arena. Their was just not a lot of demand in the correspondent world to originate lower fico FHA loans due to the repurchase risk for the Correspondent customer. There might have been some opportunities in the bidding process but at the time mortgage volume was strong and companies weren't willing to take on significant risk.
Productive, fun and very friendly employees
Property Title Ins. Processor Manager/Acct asstnt (Former Employee) –  TulsaMarch 12, 2018
No micro-manage involved, witch I loved. Almost all employees have worked together for over 20 years and like family. First Mortgage Company will work with you with your schedule.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Abstract reviewing is ver boring sometims
company now defunct
Loan Officer (office closed) (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 19, 2017
this company is no longer in operation. days were pretty packed with business, however, the parent company that owned it had to close operations due to legal issues.
Very productive and positive
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 22, 2017
High pace job as you have to coordinate your loans with processors,
funders,escrow and title officers and closing loans on a deadlines.
I set time aside to network with chamber of commerce and real estate agents.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No acrued vacations no health insurance
Company no longer Active
Sr. Processor (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 4, 2017
This company is no longer active, this company was sold to Freedom Mortgage. There is not much I can say about the company, it was ok at the time I was there.
Small Bank with little structure
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJuly 6, 2017
Workplace culture at FMC was fast paced as every day was built on creating new clients and business infrastructure. FMC made a business decision after a very short time to cancel its warehouse line and exit the business due to change in banking regulation.
Productive workplace
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 5, 2017
Working here was working with family. The best part of the job was the advancement opportunities. It was a shame to see it close down. Great people here.
Pros
Productive, advancement opportunities
Cons
Closed down
Beware
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 23, 2017
If you want to work for someone who baits and switches his employees, go ahead and sign up. Otherwise find a more reputable mortgage company to work for
Best experience
Programmer / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 2, 2017
It was a very family oriented company with very friendly and good people to work with. Got to grow with the company. Learned a lot about mortgage.
Productive and pleasant workplace.
FHA Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I was underwriting FHA and Conventional loans. I came in early to plan my day. I signed off conditions and then started my underwriting new files.
Company gave out bonuses to entire staff every quarter.
Pros
Company provided lunches for entire staff at the end on the month.
Cons
There were no cons.
Productive workplace
MIP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  californiaSeptember 25, 2015
I loved working here, but sadly we are being laid off next week. I wish I had the opportunity to work with this company more.
Over all great company
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 12, 2015
Management is great always willing to work with you.Busy steady flow ordering appraisals, transferring FHA case numbers, conditions, setting up new loans. Co workers are friendly and do their best to help one another.
Pros
They are willing to work with you
Cons
not very much room for growth.
temporary job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 9, 2015
Carmen is an excellent person to work for. Unfortunately for me it was a temporary job. I re-arranged her files, entered in database, and filed accordingly. I would have stayed if the opportunity presented itself. Staff members were nice and worked well with others.
Wonderful company to work for!
Customer Service/ Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 4, 2015
Constantly busy environment with diversity and great opportunity to advance within the company, as far as you are willing to take yourself.

I was able to greatly improve my customer service skill at First Mortgage handling such a large portfolio throughout the United States.

Management as well as co-workers all work together to create a family they environment.

Hardest part of he job was keeping up with the call volume and continue about you daily work within that 8 hour day.
Pros
Great oppertunity in many areas
Terrible Work Environment
Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 10, 2015
This company shut its doors in 2011, due to lack of work. The work environment was horrible. Employees didn't know a lot about processing a mortgage.
Mortgage industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 2, 2014
Office Manager
Accounts payable
Maintain Licenses
Maintain NMLS account
Maintain Insurance policies
Mortgage compliance
Reconciliation of bank accounts
Completed payroll
Handled Human Resource benefits including maintaining employee records.
Assisted in Loan Processing
Nice company to work for
Broker Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CANovember 3, 2014
Handled multi line phone system and received all incoming calls. I learned several aspects of the real estate industry.

Our office was a satelite office so there were only 2 people in the office but the company size overall was 500 employees total.

The hardest part of the job was the changing of priorities constantly but was able to learn time management and able to handle this part of my job very well.

I enjoyed working with the escrow companies and brokers via phone and assisting them with processing and getting their loan file through the closing process
Pros
Job was close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
Family oriented company
Jr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2014
The workplace was very friendly, because most hires were made through employee references. This contributed to a family type environment in the workplace which increased communication and productivity throughout each department. The usual work day for myself started with checking emails then returning any client calls. Next, I would begin loan applications for clients and mail them the documents for notarization. Finally, I would work to clear liens off the properties of homeowners trying to refinance their mortgage. I was in daily verbal contact with various courts, banks and collection agencies. The job taught me how to distribute my time to various projects each day, and how to not let one project envelop you. Also, the job helped me develop even stronger personal communication skills (all my previous jobs were in sales), especially over the phone. Overall, though challenging and stressful at times, my employment was a positive experience.
Pros
Health and dental care, investment opportunities, family environment
Cons
Low pay compared to rest of industry
Loved it
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 5, 2014
It was a great place to work. Everyone had one main goal and it was to get the job done
Pros
Team effort
Cons
Long hours when needed
Excellent company to work for
Branch Operations Supervisor / Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Loved the training opportunities and monthly operations meetings. Learned something new at every meeting.