FIRST NATIONAL BANK and TRUST Employee Reviews

No longer putting customers or employees first.
Teller, then new accounts, asst. branch manager (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKMarch 25, 2019
Former, long term employee. Until 2012, family owned/operated. New CEO created a “good ol’ boys club”. Culture changed from building up employees to a micro-management atmosphere. Pay is below average, cross selling is required, rotating saturdays for all employees. Full time is 9 hours/ day with 1 hr lunch. I learned banking regulations and customer sales. Hardest part of job was cross-selling. Best part was the regular customers.
Pros
Indoor work, professional atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, rotating weekends
Great place to work with great people
Retail Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time with this company! Almost everyone was friendly and helpful. My supervisor was great, the best boss I have ever had. Cared how her employees were doing, how things could be improved and what was happening in the department. A great balance of work and home life. Workstation was kind of small but in a large open space. A lot of time spent on the computer, and the phone assisting customers. They do some great employee appreciations things. Overall it felt like being part of a family!
Pros
employee appreciation rewards, good benefits and hours friendly co workers
Cons
wages may not be the best ever, some days can be much more stressful than others
Call Center
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 4, 2018
Manager is the call center was not helpful at all. People don't leave bad jobs they leave bad managers. I loved my other supervisors. every one is very nice
Good experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 30, 2018
It was great experience. But, they didnt hire full time. I worked as part time for almost two years with no benefits. Great opportunity to get your foot on the door but is not a company i would invest many years on it.
Bank no longer exists due to merger
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 25, 2018
This bank was a good place to work though the pay and benefits were not as good as those offered by my current employer. Also, this bank no longer exists due to merger so the ratings are outdated.
little stressful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Excel, ALMay 17, 2018
multiple jobs assigned to you without pay consistency.
Management was good at time. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone else was doing there's.
Good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 13, 2018
It is overall a great company to work for. There is a lot of community service and volunteer events available, which I really enjoy doing. First National is about community service.
Struggling with becoming big
IT (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WINovember 30, 2017
This company nickel and dimes you and works you hard. Then you might get a 3% raise but has no reasoning why you won't get it. All accomplishments are negated by what the supervisor thinks of you and not actual data or measurable. It is a small bank growing into a large corporation. If you like getting worked hard, work long hours, and not get compensated than this is the place for you.
Small town values
Vice President/CIO/ISO (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKNovember 2, 2017
First National Bank is a medium sized community bank with six locations in Western and Northern Oklahoma (Stillwater & Weatherford areas).

They want everyone to be involved with the community (Kiwanis, Rotary, etc.) As such they feel it is very important to live in the community to be able to maintain involvement.
Pros
Good executive management and small town values.
Cons
Difficult to "be involved" if not living in the city.
The best place I ever worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 21, 2017
First National Bank and Trust is the best bank in my area to work for. Management is very good to their employees. The pay is not the best, but they make up for it in other areas.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Good
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKSeptember 28, 2017
If you decide to apply here, I wish you the best of luck. Depending at the location you're at will depend on the pace of which you're needed to work and your work load.
Great place to work!
Branch Manager/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKAugust 25, 2017
had to relocate to raise my niece and nephew. I loved the management and the environment! They are caring of people and their customers. They were the best company I have worked for.
OK place to work
teller (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 19, 2017
FNBT is a fine place to work, not much room for advancement and management's vision is a little questionable at times. The higher-ups could be reevaluated.
Ok place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILFebruary 24, 2017
Employees treat you like family, the hours are great. Clients are sometimes few and far between only a few busy days a month. The customers also treat you like family,
Nice Place to work, Nice People, Professional
Loan Secretary (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKAugust 9, 2016
It was very nice working there. Everyone seemed to get along, nobody had any issues with anybody because everyone just did their work and didn't concern themselves with other things or people. Management was very friendly and approachable. Co-workers were all family established and loyal The best part of the job was just being able to go there and do the work, knowing that everybody else was just doing their work as well and then we all just went home at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job for me was feeling like an outsider because I was born and raised in California and people in the country are very different.
Pros
Friendly, God-fearing, Professional
Cons
No friendships outside of work
Great Place
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 14, 2016
I enjoy my job as a teller. My Co workers are great and smart people. My typical work day is helping customers with transactions and counting money. I strap by drawer in my free time and I run work when we are slow.
Pros
hour lunches, work hours
Cons
limited hours
a confortable and enjoyable work environment
Temporary Trust Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed seeing customers when they came in to the office. My co-workers were nice and easy to communicate with. We all worked together when need to accomplish a task. I knew what was expected of me. I managed my time to accomplish the task required.
Fun place to work and learn.
Full Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLAugust 24, 2015
Very Good Bank to Work For. This is where I learned to be a full service banker. Not only did I work for this bank I also banked there as well. I was very satisfied with the feedback and professionalism at this bank.
NIce customer service job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 17, 2015
Medium paced work flow. Awesome customer service job. Face to face interaction. Much information to be learned. my favorite part was the frequent customers.
Hostile work environment, political.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 15, 2014
Typical day starts with logging into the many systems used to ensure you are ready to assist customers. Once you are logged in and ready, log into your phone so you can start taking customer calls. There was always daily, weekly or monthly reports that needed to be completed so that would also need to be completed while staying available to take phone calls. Depending on the customer needs each phone may take a relatively short amount of time, however if there was any research or follow-up that needed to be done that could take up a good amount of time as well. While taking phone calls make sure you are verifying the customers identity to ensure no compromise of information. The job itself is easy and can be done by just about anyone, however the main supervisor is very critical and micro-manages every aspect of the entire department. The co-workers are nice but no one ever seems to stay due to management. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers, it always made me feel good when a customer was completely satisfied with our conversation.
Pros
Helping customers