First National Bank of Omaha
70Above average

First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews

United States190 reviews
Fair treatment
I worked part time and I very much enjoyed my time there. They offered retirements and eliminated some jobs so there are changes from time to time. Management was good to work with.
A company where brown nosing gets you to the top and hard work gets you no where.
As stated above. This company is fueled by money. They will say they aren't and that it is all about the employees and customers. They do not care about employees and just want to make as much money as possible. They have recently made things less and less convenient for customers resulting in less business and more complaints.
Management definitely needed a change at the location I was employed at. Some of the employees were also difficult to work with and excluded me alot of the time. I tried not to take it personal, but it almost seemed like they were purposely trying to shove me out of their group because they didnt approve of the new employee. Most of them did not follow company guidelines, and management allowed them to get away with it.
An employer that cares
FNBO has been through many changes with the most recent being the most exciting. They truly care about their employees, are innovative and have some of the best employees in town.
Family owned makes a HUGE difference
FNBO has been a family owned bank for over 160 years, and it shows. They really try and make sure you feel like you're part of the family for both employees and their customers. Even though there are goals to be met, that isn't the sole focus. They really want to make sure we are doing right by our customers, and to be sure that we are just giving them sound and helpful advice. As a symbol of that, after a year of working with FNBO, you get a pair of green shoes to show that we are walking in our customers shoes.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
• Have a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to navigate the internet and utilize multiple computer systems.

• Demonstrated dependability/reliability.
Outstanding place to work
Work environment was excellent. Hours worked were 40 hours per week, and was able to work around doctor appointments or children activities if needed. Jobs had pay grades, was fair in compensation. Company cared about the employees.
Summary
Its a job. Not much room for advancement. Everyone has been there for 20+ years. So they have more vacation and sonority even over someone like me who has been there for 12+ years
Not what it used to be
The job is as good as your manager. There are too many Directors who are “lifers”, lazy, and have no business managing people. The insurance is better than average and the volunteering opportunities are plentiful.
Easy for awhile
Was ok for sometime. New management came in and too many changes. Started to feel on edge if my position was going to be around much longer. Didn't feel like upper management cared about what my team was doing.
Really good training
Really good training programs to make sure you can do your job. Terrible management and terrible experience with coworkers. By trying to reduce drama in the workplace more was created
Pros
Hour lunch always busy
Cons
Community, customer and employee focused family friendly organisation
Best place to work for life balance community concerned, customer experience and employee focused company with longstanding tradition of 150 plus years with value focused management.
Very stressful handeling large payments .you could make as much at the dollar storehe dollar having a jt al store such litrle pay . People qan
Very exhausting job that didn't treat u as a person but as a robot to Make their money. If having to go to the bathroom your manager would keep track of how many times and how long. They wanted people to work till break to get water and potty. demanded very rigours qouta per hr instead of
Focusing on exceptional customer service

one thee first one
Finding ways to be most effective
Processed mortgage loans in a team environment. Good benefits. Great management. Always encouraged to take classes and improve on yourself. Great fitness center.
Customer Oriented
FNBO strives to provide the best customer experience possible. Benefits and salary are competitive, and they are also very family oriented. I felt valued as an employee
Nothing special. You can do better.
Nice 401K match. Competitive benefits.

Work life balance is not as advertised. Not many opportunities for community service. Employees wouldn't have time anyway with workload. Onboarding after day one was non-existent. Have to learn on your own. Tight cliques amongst co-workers and leaders. Ideas and opinions not taken seriously if you don't have tenure with company.
Great place to work.
In my 30 years working at First National Bank of Omaha, the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs. FNBO is customer driven.
Leads are rude and disrespectful
The management team was okay the leads are the ones who made me quit. They are suppose to be there to help but are unhappy when you ask them for help.
I would encourage people to go and work at first national Bank omaha Everyone there are very friendly and always willing to help train you even more in your job field they are always having parties in the break room. And everyone is always willing to participate in the potlucks
Great team
Great underwriting manager that is very helpful in answering questions and reviewing docs if having concerns. Great underwriting team to work with and most are very helpful.
Relaxed environment
Working at first national bank was a great experience. I learned a lot working here about teamwork! Great place to work & a lot of opportunities to move up.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight