First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews

This is the Perfect Job!
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2018
This job was great! Great people, great clients, great atmosphere. The pay was great & the benefits they offer is excellent & I would gladly go back to work for them!
Pros
Everything about this job!!!
Cons
Nothing about this job!!!!
Great company
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 27, 2018
First National Bank of Omaha has a long proud history in Omaha and is today the largest privately held bank in the United States. An excellent place to work with a great culture.
great people
Sr specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NENovember 26, 2018
I loved the people i worked with, they all were very caring and kind, I would work for them again if i could work from home and not have to commute to work
Pay well but training was lacking as was volume
SR. SPECIALIST MORTGAGE CLOSER (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2018
Hired in a location other than the "tower" in Omaha which is the home office. I felt I was not adequately trained, reached out to boss, HR, training team, etc and got no more than "you'll be okay."

My team and I sit and sit and sit trying to kill time because it seems we're getting no business. Netflix, crafts, chit-chat everywhere. They do not utilize you to your potential
Pros
Can work remotely if weather is bad, pay was decent
Cons
Didn't follow their own guidelines, trainers are not trained adequately themselves, no one listens when you have a true concern
CAUTION: Terrible Management Fantastic Company
Do not wish to provide (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 8, 2018
The company itself is fantastic but it varies from Branch to Branch. A few Branches have leadership that make people leave in droves. For whatever reason it's never corrected. One I worked at pushes hard to ask why we didn't get a client something when the company itself says "We look out for the customer because we care." Kind of mixed vibes. Everyone has different circumstances but I was still pushed to push those products even if it was a terrible idea for that person. I was threatened that if I do not do better they may reconsider my position. Made me feel like Well's Fargo. I worked at another on and off for coverage and it was fantastic. Wish I could have transferred. If you work in one of the good ones you'll be happy here. That's a big IF. If you don't you'll be looking at this website for a way out.
Pros
Everything except
Cons
Great customers and I learned a lot about banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 28, 2018
Same as the Bank of the West. Performed the same duties such as all customer transactions, deposits, withdrawals, credit card payments and promoted bank product, Meet bank quotas and Balanced my cash drawer daily as well as assisted balancing the vault and coin machine daily.
I enjoyed my customers and building a relationship with them.
Pros
Customers and fellow team
Cons
No full time opportunity
fast paced call center
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 26, 2018
i worked here in 2008-2009 the call center relocated and were compensated really well once they left. it was a great work environment and wonderful coworkers
Fosters Growth
Manager, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
Company offers great growth opportunities to employees. The company provides training in all errors of business. I was able to advance very rapidly due to a good mentoring program.
Nice place to work depending on the department and who you have as manager
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2018
I would consider working for First National Bank again. It would just be a different department. The customer care department needs to on the same page with one another
Great Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Great company with great leadership. Competitive pay and opportunities to move up. Family oriented and flexible with staff to accommodate family needs.
Easy work but not always busy
Lead lockbox specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2018
Work was not complicated, but sometimes the deadlines versus the amount needed to meet those deadlines was stressful. Management was good and vacation time given was exceptional.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Not always sure about amount of hours, pay
call center
Office of the President/ Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2018
the area I works was stressful for the work I did. the Pay didn't compensate the area that dealt with. Over management was ok but senior management at department needed work.
5 year employment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDAugust 21, 2018
managers need some work on communication skills with employees . Some very unprofessional . Benefits good. Job can be stressful . Must be able to handle angry customers.
Loved working there
Credit Card (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2018
First National Bank of Omaha treats its customers and employees very well. They are fair and loyal for the most part to their employees and it is a great environment for working mothers.
Great Bank
Business Liaison II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2018
Bank that truly cares for the well being of their employees. Advancement is possible through hard work and networking. Benefits are expensive but they provide many
Experience depends on your manager. Most of them are decent.
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I am a long time employee and most of my managers have been good over the years, a couple were outstanding, some were not. First National used to provide good job security, however layoffs are occurring more often as of late.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I loved to go to work here each day. I love to help out each individual as much as I can. Every customer was a different task or duty.
I learned a lot at First National bank from inputting deposits, to accurately go though out a customer account and assist them with their finical needs the best I could. Scanning documents into Microsoft. Learned how to proper use a fax machine while scanning documents into your computer. Great workplace great environment!
Pros
great benefits great work place
Zero engagment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
Zero engagement by reporting manager who was incapable of managing up. Plagiarized others and presented their ideas as his own. Zero collaboration with cross functional groups. Truly operated the business in CST "banking hours" versus putting the resources together that allowed those outside of the HQ time zone to get support - both employees and customers. Foreseeable erosion of the initial charter will negatively impact SLA's with everyone involved.
xx
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 13, 2018
my 9 years at FNBO allowed me to gain multiple job skills, knowledge and experience. it was a professional yet personable work environment that allowed employees to grow .
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
Fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2018
the fun place to work, co-workers on Overnight are very helpful. Its a place where you can move up in the company. Overtime and the managers; helpful.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight