First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews

Nice place to work depending on the department and who you have as manager
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2018
I would consider working for First National Bank again. It would just be a different department. The customer care department needs to on the same page with one another
Great Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Great company with great leadership. Competitive pay and opportunities to move up. Family oriented and flexible with staff to accommodate family needs.
Easy work but not always busy
Lead lockbox specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2018
Work was not complicated, but sometimes the deadlines versus the amount needed to meet those deadlines was stressful. Management was good and vacation time given was exceptional.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Not always sure about amount of hours, pay
call center
Office of the President/ Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2018
the area I works was stressful for the work I did. the Pay didn't compensate the area that dealt with. Over management was ok but senior management at department needed work.
5 year employment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDAugust 21, 2018
managers need some work on communication skills with employees . Some very unprofessional . Benefits good. Job can be stressful . Must be able to handle angry customers.
Loved working there
Credit Card (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2018
First National Bank of Omaha treats its customers and employees very well. They are fair and loyal for the most part to their employees and it is a great environment for working mothers.
Great Bank
Business Liaison II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2018
Bank that truly cares for the well being of their employees. Advancement is possible through hard work and networking. Benefits are expensive but they provide many
Experience depends on your manager. Most of them are decent.
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I am a long time employee and most of my managers have been good over the years, a couple were outstanding, some were not. First National used to provide good job security, however layoffs are occurring more often as of late.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I loved to go to work here each day. I love to help out each individual as much as I can. Every customer was a different task or duty.
I learned a lot at First National bank from inputting deposits, to accurately go though out a customer account and assist them with their finical needs the best I could. Scanning documents into Microsoft. Learned how to proper use a fax machine while scanning documents into your computer. Great workplace great environment!
Pros
great benefits great work place
Zero engagment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
Zero engagement by reporting manager who was incapable of managing up. Plagiarized others and presented their ideas as his own. Zero collaboration with cross functional groups. Truly operated the business in CST "banking hours" versus putting the resources together that allowed those outside of the HQ time zone to get support - both employees and customers. Foreseeable erosion of the initial charter will negatively impact SLA's with everyone involved.
xx
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 13, 2018
my 9 years at FNBO allowed me to gain multiple job skills, knowledge and experience. it was a professional yet personable work environment that allowed employees to grow .
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
Fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2018
the fun place to work, co-workers on Overnight are very helpful. Its a place where you can move up in the company. Overtime and the managers; helpful.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Lousy Management but Great Company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2018
The company in general is a fantastic company. The location I worked at was awful. I would work 11 to 12 hour days. The management never listened to you and would stonewall you. Every single person that works at this certain location, does not like the managers. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to go home. Typical work day is very normal for a teller except for the ridiculous hours set my management. Culture is very vast in my location. We do have a lot of potluck days which is awesome.
Pros
Knowing after nine months you can transfer in the company
Large privatley held National Bank
Sr. Residential Lender (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 10, 2018
Kansas branches were originally a subsidiary of Corporate that was located in Omaha, NE. Mortgage Division was a separate company out of Colorado and things got so bad that Omaha took over all of the retail branches and the mortgage operation.
Great Managment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2018
Great company to work for. Very fair and honest to Customer and employees. FNBO gave me a chance to learn an grow. Helping the customer and the community is the companies Mission.
FNBO Culture
Partner Trainer; Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2018
Amazing place to work with a lot of areas for growth and advancement. The company is invested in their employees just as much as their customers. The company overall is very competitive with other financial institutions and they are moving in the right direction. FNBO is by far the best place I have ever worked which is why I am still here after 7 years.
Pros
career opportunities, benefits, flexibility, trabel
Associate, Flood Review (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2018
Preparing flood packets, force placement letters and reviewing letters.

I learned you will always come across new situations no matter how long you have worked in a department.

I have a great manager who does her best to make sure everyone is working to their full potential.

When you enjoy where you work you work better.

Hardest part of my job is talking to angry customers about their force placed insurance, and why we had to force place.

The people I work with, and I enjoy being the person people come to if they need anything and have questions.
Pros
Working with a great diverse team with different back grounds.
Cons
Small department, makes PTO days and planning difficult.
Billing Resolution Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2018
Depending on the dept you work in, the management could sometimes not be great but coworkers make up for it. Great culture and great benefits. Easy to move up.
High Stress Work Environment
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 8, 2018
Worked multiple overtime hours....still couldn't keep up with the work load. Seemed the better worker you were the more work you had to do with less time to complete it.
Management played favorites with employees....never felt supported!
Pros
Overtime Pay
Good Start
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 20, 2018
Good start to my employment outside of college. There was not a lot of room for advancement within the group I worked with. Manager was not as knowledgeable on how to lead as he should have been.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight