First National Bank Employee Reviews

Found 674 reviews matching the search See all 1,793 reviews
Dont do it
Sr Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Training is terrible. Pay is terrible. Schedule is terrible
Employee Insurance is beyond terrible. I'm not exaggerating do Not work for this company. I would not recommend.
If you can handle stress......
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 18, 2019
Took the job at the processing center with absolutely no banking experience. This is definitely a situation had I known then what I know now I would never have applied. Coworkers are okay, but you really can't trust anyone and the favoritism is unreal. This is the most boring and yet stressful job I have ever had. I never worked for a company that micromanaged as much as FNB. This company knows EVERYTHING you do and how long it took for you to do it. You have to do performance trackers and track your every move. Now they have a new phone system that will do the same. All calls will be recorded and the manager can go back and listen to what calls he/she wants plus sneak on the line and listen in to your calls with a customer without your knowledge. Every time you log your phone out to step away from your desk, they want to know why. They have a high turnover, at least in the dept I was in and now I see why.
As for FNB benefits. You will get paid for all the holidays as soon as you start. You start receiving benefits, which aren't great, 30 days after hire date. Vacation is decent, BUT you're lucky if you will ever get days off you want. They pass around a calendar in January starting with seniority on down, you have to put your whole 2 weeks on the calendar, like you will really know what days you need that far in advance. Hours are okay but requires too much overtime for me, 9 hours there is more than long enough. Soon they're moving the starting wage up to a pretty decent wage, still not worth all the stress, anxiety and drama.
If you love banking, having irate customers
  more... cuss and yell at you while sitting in a cubicle and doing the same thing over and over AND being micromanaged to the point you feel like they're invading your privacy, then this is the job for you.  less
Pros
Banking hours, holidays off.
Cons
Everything else.
A rewarding place to work.
Bookkeeping Deposit Operations Specialist - Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 15, 2019
Nice environment to work in. Great people. Good benefits. Room for advancement. Rewards for excellent customer service and balancing. Very customer oriented. Family owned financial institution that cares about their employees.
Pros
Work hard and advance. Great profit sharing program.
Cons
Lower pay than other financial institutions.
Not a bad place to work if you're in Killeen.
Lead Data Architect (JVP of Support Operations) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Little company that really wanted to be large. A lot of good people there, JR management was great. Some of the SR management was pretty good too.

Good work environment, even though it's basically a large metal shed. Great diversity in the work place, hard work and effort were rewarded often in trivial ways but it's still nice.

Little to no growth opportunities, compensation was terrible.
Very good company to advance with
Teller, Vault teller, Assistant Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company and growing throughout. I had paid vacations, holidays, and sick time. Everyone was very helpful when I had questions and the hours were nice.
Great people, no advancement
SR. SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 9, 2019
This company is great, but there is no room for advancement, They do not promote from within, every higher position that has become avail in the company they did not hire from within the bank
Pros
lots of free food, great coworkers
Cons
no room for advancement
Surprise layoff
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NeJanuary 8, 2019
I thought I would retire with this company but out of nowhere, they closed the doors of the call center I worked for. The only way I could continue working with them was to move and that was not an option for me.
Pros
Good benefits
Title and Escrow Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2019
It was fun. Traffic was stressful and paying for parking wasn't cheap. The workplace culture wasn't great. The hardest part of the job was trying to close loans when customers expected it.
work at natiional bank
Webservices Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
First National Bank, Omaha is a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska. It is recognized as the largest privately held bank in the country with $17 billion in managed assets and 5,000 employees.
As a part of the Distributed services Group Supported and developed on java/xml based web services in an agile environment. Designed and implemented a number of web services to pass information back and forth to various businesses partnering with the bank to issue and service credit cards.
First National
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 30, 2018
First National Bank October 2015 - March 2016
Bank Teller Omaha, Nebraska
Process a full range of retail and commercial financial transactions on daily basis
Initiate and open new accounts accordingly; Issue cashier checks and money orders as needed
Order and activate ATM and debit cards for new account as well as replacements/renewals
Activate customer fund transfers; Manage customer inquiries and complaints
Consult with customers on bank products and services; Adhere to all reconciliation and balancing procedures
Identify and refer sales opportunities when appropriate
Comply with all operational, security and control policies and procedures
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PADecember 29, 2018
It was a great place to work but they did go back on their word after I was hired. They knew about my hours and what I could work and said they had no problem working around that and then they changed their mind and I had to leave the job.
gerat hours and co workers
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 20, 2018
I pretty much worked independently opening new accounts accepting loan payments and applications - the hardest part of the job was filing out all the paperwork for a repossession. and sometime having to go get vehicle
Pros
good hours to schedule
Cons
location was downtown and sometimes had to look for place to park
great professional start
SR. PROCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 14, 2018
I enjoyed a structured environment and that's what First National Bank provides. I believe the only thing I would change would be the pay. I believe that the work does not match the compensation. In my opinion, it is mid-level security and above type of work, considering the personal and private information that workers handle on a regular. That being the case, it would be of most importance to compensate the employees appropriately. There were high school aged kids (my son, for example) making more an hour than I was and I had TWO degrees.
Pros
work environment
Cons
salary
Good Place to Work
Head Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXDecember 7, 2018
Great workplace culture
Good about cross-training employees
bank managers are good about taking more complicated customers and situations from the hourly workers
Great place to work.
Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MINovember 25, 2018
Great place to work but unfortunately the company is no longer in business. it was purchased by a much larger bank. It was a small hometown bank with many local customers. It was a pleasure to work for.
Enjoyed working with the customers.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  West View, PANovember 16, 2018
Enjoyed the customers and my co-workers. Pleasant working environment. The training programs tested our capabilities to perform our jobs. Learned new banking skills.
Poor Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
People in the branch were great. Management was not supportive and did not care about you as a person. You were just another body taking up some space. They have zero initiative towards employee retention. Often made us skip work because they were consistently understaffed.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Almost Everything
management does not communicate will with its workforce
VP & Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILNovember 13, 2018
New management is difficult to negotiate with. It does not appreciate long term employees nor give consideration to their opinions on new hires. Turnover rate has been extremely high since new management has taken over.
Pros
retirement plan is good if you can stay long enough
productive and enjoyable environment to work in
consumer loan servicing/Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 9, 2018
The company made it possible for advancement within. I started as a teller and learned the loan system/software and was able to promote to loan servicing.
Pros
working Monday thru Friday
Good job but no room for growth
Teller (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PANovember 9, 2018
I loved working for FNB. Part-time turnover rate is higher and they require you to do more marketing than teller work. Part-time covers for those who cannot come in, on a regular they work over 30-hours a week and not once are eligible for full-time unless something full-time opens up, which is extremely rare. Deductibles keep rising and the insurance is just worsening. Management can get away with pretty much anything, especially if you are friends with the manager. Besides that, the work environment can be very relaxed despite the push for marketing and sales.
Pros
Work hours, Pto, Paid Sick Days
Cons
Favoritism, Calls, No Room for Advancement, No Full-time, Awful benefits