First National Pawn Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with room for advancement.
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND 58201June 30, 2018
Great place to work while I was there and I learned a lot and made some new friends. Decent pay and good hours and I only left for a better paying job.
Fun and Easy
Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDApril 27, 2018
The environment is awesome. Everyone there works as a team and is there to improve the store with a positive attitude every single day. The culture created by everyone on the team makes it the best to work.
Pros
Fast Paced, Great Team!
Cons
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone ever!
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDApril 8, 2018
This company is so disgusting I wouldn’t recommend anyone work for them ever! Manager is a complete bully and absolutely has no respect for associates
Cons
a year and counting, long term here
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 6, 2018
It's been over a year since the company changed ownership. A lot has changed and we've been given core values and steps to achieve. It is a work in progress but as a team we are dedicated to make this one of the best (if not the best) pawn shop. We aren't perfect but we try our best to be helpful and consistent. Our ultimate goal is to service our customers.
Pros
company benefits, core values, guidelines to succeed
Cons
as in any retail environment work life balance isn't perfect
Amazing Place To Work At
Sales and Lending Associate (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDApril 4, 2018
They value you as an employee, fun place to work at, awesome culture!!! the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help people on a daily basis!!
Poor management, very immature work place
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 8, 2018
Very poorly ran company, corporate office does not care about employees. Feels like high school drama every day. Sales opportunities are very cut-throat.
Terrible.
Broker (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDNovember 28, 2017
Worst company I've ever seen in my many years of work. Between harrassment(the kind of harrassment that happens between males and females in the work place, the review won't let me put in the word $3×ual) creating the most volatile and hostile work environment I've ever seen and just being downright the worst corporation. They fired one store manager just to bring in an even worse one. They are constantly cutting lunches short. Which is AGAINST THE LAW. And making people stay past there schedule shifts and threatening them with job loss if they dont. threatening them with job loss when they aren't getting their way with anything is how it goes around mandan, ND.
Pros
If youre never hungry you dont have to worry aboit getting your full lunch break.
Cons
They rake away your lunch break, and make you come in on your days off, and switch your schedule last minute without letring you know, If thats not bad enough, any protest is met with a write up or threat of termination
Horrible management
Sales lending associate (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDSeptember 21, 2017
Toxic environment. Management has crossed many lines yet they keep him. Stressful place to work. If you don't mind being bad mouthed by your manager to your fellow employees then this is the place for you. Management is extremely toxic which makes it an unsafe work environment you can be late, not show up or just not be productive at work and no consequences.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
-Management!, Schedule changes last minute every week, Higher ups do nothing about the work environment.
I had a lot of fun and learned something new every day
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 12, 2015
The job was interesting and it paid well. However you kind of feel like you're married to your job after a while. It just sort of takes over your life.
You can never get a straight answer out of anyone you work with. As you would expect with a Pawn Shop, you can't trust anyone you work with or for. But overall an incredible life experience, just watch your back.
Pros
long lunch break, cheep stuff, good pay
Cons
people are crazy, and they will drive you crazy
it was an enjoyable place to work for the first couple of years
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2014
managment needs to go to a training class or two the people who work there need to take there vacations the owner needs to listen to her employees and not be so judgemental all in all a good job if you don't take insults personally
Pros
high pay
Cons
no leadership abusive environment
Enjoyable place to work
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 27, 2012
Everyday you help someone get money when they need it. I learned about electronics, jewlery, and native american art while working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Pawn. Our community is ready to answer.