First Niagara Bank Employee Reviews

Well run small local company
Consumer Finance Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 18, 2018
First Niagara was acquired by Keybank for its mortgage operations. Prior to that, First Niagara was a nice company to work for when weighing benefits of small companies/
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 6, 2018
I recommend this place for a place of employment. However this bank was recently acquired by Key Bank. I left before the merger. I'm not aware of the changes that were made since I left in 2014.
decent job, good hours
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gilbertsville, PAFebruary 24, 2018
You had typical banking hours - 8-5, no sundays, one saturday per month. Training was good an thorough, however they didn't prepare you for the amount of sales you were responsible for. You were given a call list of customers you didn't know and had to call and try to get them to get their credit card or move their loan to FNFG. Great to start out but once you were comfortable with the job, you were expected to contribute to getting referrals and it was held against you if you didnt.
The Company merged
Operational Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 20, 2018
The company merged with a larger bank I was a temp during this process. I worked in the operational risk department. I worked on loss reporting, kri, kpi and rcsa's
Productive, collaborative, fast-paced
Personal Financial Assoc (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Typical day is a morning meeting to discuss goals, products. We learn a lot about people, how they treat their finances and how we can improve their financial lives. i work with excellent people and customers to meet our ambitious goals. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an unhappy customer. The best part of the job is the relationships & friendships you build along the way.
Good place to work for
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
First Niagara has transitioned to Keybank and things have been very different. Change is good but the opportunies have changed. I would like to exploring other avenues.
Flexible hours and great manager.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 24, 2018
First Niagara Bank (now Key Bank) was a great part time job while I was raising our young son. I worked as a teller and had flexible hours and worked for a great manager.
First Niagarawas acquired by Key Bank
IDENTITY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJanuary 23, 2018
First Niagara is no longer an entity. During my employment, I found it to be a good place to work. Had it not been acquired, I had hoped to remain at First Niagara.
Not good
Credit adjuster (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I hated working there I don’t recommend it to anyone the manager was horrible, trying to switch departments was even worse they always picked their favorite employees
work should reinforce team work
Branch Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 15, 2018
Work will go a lot smoother if we have built the jobs around team work. Some managers base there job on how well there team work together while others allow for the work place to run on be unorganized and every one for their self.
Pros
Happy team brings a happy work environment
Cons
Let every one do things there way work should have structure.
awesome sad to see us go
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  N Tonawanda, nyJanuary 9, 2018
Best bank to work for , awesome management along with a great culture, great roomfor advance ment The hardest part of my job was seeing the culture dissolved
Nice place to work
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 7, 2018
First Niagara was a nice place to work. Unfortunately it was bought out by Key Bank. Although staff was helpful, there was not enough training or staff during busy season.
Pros
Helpful co-workers, good benefits
Cons
Not enough training
good company to work for , would recommend to friends
Vice President Special Assets (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2018
This was a good company to work for, I decided to move on after the bank announced a merger with Key Bank. My office was in New Haven CT and my commute was over an hour but didn't mind since I was allowed to work remotely.
Pros
Easy to reach upper managment
Cons
Healthcare
Productive workplace, small
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYDecember 25, 2017
First Niagara Bank had taken over Troy Savings bank while I was an employee. As I’ve left there almost 11 years ago First Niagara Bank has so nce merged with Key Bank, so no additional information
Pros
Set hours, small town feel
Cons
Low pay
First Niagara Bank is no longer
Personal Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYDecember 13, 2017
Key Bank took over First Niagara Bank, First
It was a nice job while it lasted, I moved on to something different to coincide with my family schedule.
Good work environment overall
FIU Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 29, 2017
Typically a work day would consisted of prioritizing and managing workload to ensure reviews were completed prior to leaving for the day. It was a hands off environment for the most part by upper management leaving yourself to develop the best strategy for completing reviews in a timely fashion and completing necessary work to not fall behind. The job allowed me to improve my prioritizing ability and assisted in developing to the ability to self manage.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for first Niagara before the conversion. It was set hours and great pay. Management wasn’t the best in the branch but it wasn’t the worst.
Pros
Pay
Customer service representative
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 21, 2017
You have free coffee,tea or hot chocolate provided for you to keep you going through the day.
I learned the different fees, rules and regulation that the bank have to go through to provide excellent service to their customers. The management team was willing to assist you even if you weren't in their department. there was a good workplace culture. I made friends with people that have been at the job before me.
Pros
Free lunch and bonus to do overtime.
Cons
The distance from my home.
It is now Key bank
Business Service officer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work, room for growth as long as you apply yourself.
Good vacation time.
They communicate with employees.
Stress free.
I would definetly go back.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary was low based on other banks
Excellent short term placement
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 23, 2017
I worked there for 11 months on a project to help store file records electronically and with Iron Mountain. The work was steady and stress free. A friendly environment.
Pros
Free Lunches