First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Super fun summer job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 28, 2017
I loved working here! I worked here for three summers till I had a child of my own. However, I can't wait till he is old enough to be a camper so he can enjoy such an awesome place!
Pros
fun times and great people
Cons
it is only for the summer
Great Place to Work
Music Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 21, 2017
This is one of the kindest and most supportive church congregations that I have ever been a part of. The boards are very fair, supportive, and intentional. Competitive pay. I highly recommend working at First Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN if you have the chance.
Cons
Excellent working environment; caring congregation and excellent staff.
Pastor (Current Employee) –  South Amboy, NJNovember 21, 2017
A great congregation; very appreciative and supportive. Definitely recommend for pastors. It is a church that truly cares and treats others with respect. It is like a large, caring family.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
May be challenged financially in future
Fun Place to Work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 20, 2017
This place has a lot of fun people to work with and low stress/high reward. You get to meat a lot of nice people and there is a lot of manual work to do, but it is rewarding in the end.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Dont Know
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, PANovember 12, 2017
Great work enviroment and great people a very positive atomosphere . The church provides a lot of services for the surrounding community and also social service programs
Pros
Great location
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Wonderful place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2017
Sharpened my skills in accounts payable. Management was wonderful. They instilled confidence, help me develop leadership skills. Always willing to help.
Experience
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 5, 2017
For this to be my very first job ever at the age of 18 it has been my most enjoyable one ever. I have loved getting to know the various members and their children.
Sexton (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 4, 2017
The people of First Presbyterian Church are very kind and good to the community. Also I enjoy working their but I just need a change in careers and do something different.
Pros
Flexible hours
Gave me a great experience on how to run and maintain a building on a small budget.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 3, 2017
Arrive at church and open the building. When church staff arrives determine if any issues or set ups needed. Check with school staff for any issues or set ups needed. Depending on the season and holidays of the church, change colors of church banners. Also response for setting up and breaking down of the banquet hall for both funeral services, weddings and church events. During the summer when the school was out, do deep cleaning of classrooms, strip and wax of all floors. As issues arose of building and grounds, work with the church Head of Grounds to make adequate, safe and economical repairs as needed.
Pros
Provide a safe environment for the nursery school, Assisting church members in their spiritual experience at the church.
Cons
No health benefits.
Caring staff and membership
Office Manager (transitional) (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 30, 2017
Typically the day consisted of preparing for Sunday worship, programs and meetings. Communication is a big part of the job. Also, keeping accurate records is a large part of the job.
benefits
Cons
lots of people to answer to
Close relationships
Nursery Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 23, 2017
I had a great experience working at this church. If i didn't have to move I would stay here as long as I could. The staff are all very friendly and I have made friendships here that will last a lifetime.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNOctober 23, 2017
I took care of children ages 2-5 i loved it although it was a stressful job it was something i liked doing. The only reason i left this job was being i wasn't get many hours and i was only making minimum wage. My boss/manager was the sweetest lady and made my job so much better. I love children i just knew i would like this job. I miss working there but it was just hard making a living on what i was making.
Pros
free lunches, good employees/boss
Cons
not enough hours, low pay rate
Associate teacher duties
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
As an associate teacher my job requirements were to inspect the playground making sure it was free of hazards for the students and setting up the playground with different activities for the students such as art, gross motor skill and fine motor skill play. I would then give breaks the the teachers and substitute for the teachers that are absent
Incredible Work Environment; Wonderful Church Home
Pianist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LA 70401October 17, 2017
Ever since I stepped foot in First Presbyterian Church, I felt at home. The congregation and staff welcomed me as the new pianist, and made sure that I felt supported every step of the way. I would definitely recommend FPC as a place to not only find work, but to find a family in Christ.
Able to implement new programs to engage the church members in Mission Program, Interpretation activities, Mission Trips, hospitality, speakers, etc.
Mission Director (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 14, 2017
My position at FPC Moorestown, NJ allowed me to develop many ways to initiate and develop mission engagement locally and around the world. Close supervision was not necessary, the church leaders had confidence in my ability to 'put a face' on mission. The most exciting part of my work was being able to connect personally in the field with the people and programs the church supported....in India, Africa, Honduras, Mexico and locally in South Jersey. This was also the most challenging part of my work - organizing and leading work teams to these locations.
Pros
International travel, freedom to work independently
Cons
low compensation
very relaxed environment
Day-school Custodian (Former Employee) –  300 w. Wayne st ft. Wayne, INOctober 10, 2017
A typical day at work was relaxed.
I learned nothing.
Management didn't help with on the job problems.
The culture was hard to deal with sometimes.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with dishonest people.
The most enjoyable part was the easy work.
Pros
paid days off
Cons
dishonest people
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Menominee, MI 49858October 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Pastor and church members. Most days was answering phones, preparing weekly bulletins, copying various items, and preparing monthly bulletins.

A great place to work.
Pros
good hours, Pastor and Church members
volunteer
o Children's Worship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 7, 2017
I was a member of this church and was an active volunteer with regards to missions, sundae worship for children and other volunteer opportunities that the church needed help with.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fantastic people which I have really enjoyed leading as their pastor
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 2, 2017
Great nine years that I worked there. Wonderful people-- left with a feeling of accomplishment. Wouldn't have traded the experience for anything in the world. Enjoyed the many challenges that came my way.
Pros
great people
Cons
can't think of any
Competitive
Administrative Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 28, 2017
The atmosphere was strained because of prior leadership leaving and a temporary leader taking over. There was a lot of back stabbing going on even in a church atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership