First Presbyterian Preschool Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
too stressful
Co-Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 13, 2018
I learned that women are cranky when they are stressed out. The manager lacks communication skills. They most enjoyable part was connecting with the children and their families.
Uncooperative
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Did not cooperate with my school schedule and complained that I would take too many days off to help with my sick father, when I was only part-time. Loved the kids and parents but the staff would talk behind your back and just about each other in general.
Pros
Loving parents and children
Cons
Rude staff members
Loved working at a preschool! Loved watching the children learn and grow academically.
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 24, 2017
I loved working as a preschool teacher assistant! I have a huge passion for childcare, so the job was perfect for me. It filled my heart with joy to watch the children grow, and improve academically from the beginning of the year until the end.
Cons
No benefits
Preschool
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 7, 2017
A typical day consisted of arriving to work on time and engaging in activities with the children. I learned how to work well with children, how to help the learn and create, and how to manage a classroom. Management was helpful, always ensuring the safety of the children and the teachers. The workplace culture was very free-spirited and easy going. The dresscode could have been enforced more. The hardest part about the job was working with some parents. The easiest part of the job was having fun with the children.
a great place to work
Bookkeeper/Office Assistant/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2017
It has been over 12 years since I've worked here
I am still in contact with the staff members and they are all extremely happy there. If I should move back to Fla I would definitely go back to work here
nice place to work
Team Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 12, 2017
friendly staff and loved the kids. nice environment with a lot to ffer both the staff and children. learned a lot about setting up a classroom, preparing activities, and how to interact with parents.
Cared for Students
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 13, 2017
This job was fun and rewarding. The students and staff are great and the work environment is fun and different everyday. I would highly recommend this position to anyone interested in child care.
Fun busy workplace
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 26, 2017
Working for a preschool has its ups and downs, but its not a career I can see myself at in the next 3yrs. The hardest part of the job is that your listening to screaming children all day, trying to keep them happy, their parents happy and teaching them on their level, but I do have the opportunity to not be too far from my child all day. I like that I get half off on childcare for my son and I have learned a lot about children from the time they start daycare at 2 months old, until their ready to start school at five years old.
Pros
I can check on my child at anytime, I get 15 min breaks twice a day.
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, low pay.
Unique Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2017
First Presbyterian is was a great "learning through play," environment looks like. The staff was very thoughtful in their lessons with the children and maintained a great work environment.
Hated missing a day at work
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone makes you feel at home. They support on anther and there are a lot of materials provided to etchers.teachers are allowed to be creative!
worked with children in the 2 year old room and baby room
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 15, 2015
I love working with kids. Kids at preschool age haven't learned to lie yet, and if they do, they don't do it very well. It is walking into a guileless atmosphere. I began working there so I could be home in the afternoon with my son. A typical day at work included reading time, play outdoors (weather permitting), art, but most of all just play, because that is how kids learn best and how they learn to build friendships and interact. The hardest part of the job was the bad days every parent on the planet has had. It has been said that teaching preschool is like herding cats. That can be true. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am very intuitive and can sometimes figure what is upsetting a child when others are confused. I loved bringing peace to a distressed child.
Pros
just being with honest little people
Cons
when a child inconsolable, and I couldn't make it right.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 23, 2015
It is a great working environment where you are able to see little minds expand and grow. The class size ranges from 10 three year olds to 16 four year olds. As a substitute I am responsible for teaching them their daily lesson, doing a craft project with them and reading to them.
Cultivation for the educational, independent, and social growth of children
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 19, 2014
Teachers exhibit concern for the growth of children
Tailored curriculum for educational needs
Knowledgeable in the needs of children
a warm and happy place to work
K-3 Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 16, 2012
The children, parents, and co-works are great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to your students in May. Yet the reward is seeing the students grow and thrive.
Fun place to work
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 29, 2012
Thjs is a great job for someonwow i loves kids and watching them grow. You must have a positive attitude and a welcoming demeanor when associating with the parents, the children and your coworkers.
fun workplace