First Quality Employee Reviews

made tissue with ease
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29625November 28, 2018
typical day there with making tissue would mostly likely have some trouble shooting problems where we would have to fix them in order for it to come back up and start working again. I learned the process of how to make tissue. Management was very horrible. They do not practice what they preach or look out for their employees. Hardest part about the job would be 12+ hours. Best part we didn't have to do any heavy lifting.
Pros
everything besides management
Cons
management
Ok job
Converting Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 22, 2018
Need more advancement for people and better team building skills for the company.....and also need more holiday off/,................,.................
This place sucks!!!!!
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 18, 2018
The management is by far the worsted I have ever had out of 40yrs of working. They come up with a point system that gives you points towards a write up or termination based on "you could have done". 12 hr days when 8 hrs will do. when in your first 90 days you get sick or hurt something out of your control you get a write up. The money not worth the problems you get in return.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Everything else!!
Stressful, one sick day, management cares only about numbers and not the employees .. long hours
AO, op, op tech or mech, (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 16, 2018
3-2-2 schedule. 12 hour days so it’s Guaranteed overtime every other week. People on the floor get treated like dogs..most but not all of the upper people didn’t care about us. Very stressful if your lines are not running. One supervisor is just the worst. Two face, snitch, constantly bugging you, total pain in the...... Other employees don’t care much. It’s the mindset of someone else will take care of it and They’ll throw you under the bus so quickly..
Pros
36, and 48 hour work weeks
Cons
One of the supervisors just the worst. Long days. Stressful. Hard on your feet
Converting Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 16, 2018
I love my job and the people i work with im still employed going on 2yrs but until i find something different and meets my pay rate i will continue at first quality.
very produtive place
paper machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 3, 2018
very demanding on production best training from pcmc its a climate environment , very challenging job I had. they take time on training we use HMI computers to control machine learn different areas of operating inbosser rewinder accumulater I was very happy with first quality to become a paper machine operator. benefits are wonderfull.
Pros
they take care of their workers.
Cons
we have clinic on sight, gym, free drinks during summer, discount on toilet papaper paper towels and more fro first quality store.
First Quality Employees are the best
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 2, 2018
My experience at First Quality was very good for the most part. The involvement of the Ownership was very impressive. The culture was good and came from the top down within the company. The company provide training, good compensation, and gym. The benefits were not as good as other places I worked for (health and 401K). The first department I worked in was very team oriented and I enjoyed going to work. The plant I worked in was like a family.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Health and 401K not great
Interview process
Machine technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, gaOctober 1, 2018
After 3 years of putting in applications for this company I was finally called for an interview. Which made me think I had a chance at working here, but I was wrong. The interview was quick with 3 men in the room all asking questions back to back, leaving little room for a reasonable answer. I know I am very qualified for the position that I interviewed for, and I still didn’t get the job. I’ve worked in a factory setting my whole life operatored as well as maintenance, and yet my cousin who’ve only worked at restataunts her whole life was more qualified for the job than me. That was something to think about how she could get the job and I couldn’t, which is something she is still confused about as well.
Cons
Doesn’t hire based on resumé, interview process is intimidating
Not a bad place to work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  AndersonSeptember 29, 2018
Ok place to work, needs a lot of improvement in communication. Also roles need to be clearly defined. Also needs easier access to Human Resources. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
Overtime always available.
Fast Moving and Competitive Environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 23, 2018
High technology manufacturer of consumer products. Advanced equipment and facilities. Inconsistent leadership and management, struggles to plan and manage operations.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
Knee jerk management reactions
Work at First Quality
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 21, 2018
Poor management and HR department. Repetitious work. Long shifts with supervised breaks. Only thing good about this place was the weekly pay and benefits.
typical factory workplace, i think?
Warehouser II/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 17, 2018
OK place to work. rotating schedule affects your circadian clock. The workplace is very clean for the most part. Some areas are A/C controlled (production area, breakrooms), some are not.
First Quality Review
Manager Converting Operations (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Privately owned company run by second and third generation who worry more about their own bank accounts than their employees. No real path forward shared and management system and team constantly changing and running scared of making any decisions due to ownership.
Pros
Cons
No structure, Backstabbing, Lack of quality and qualified leadership, No advancement opportunity
Interesting place to have worked at
Consultant manufacturing (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 13, 2018
This facility was a manufacturing site and involved Industrial processes to make the product. Not everyone was skilled in their duties except for the Controls Engineers.
Pros
Bright atmosphere inside the plant
Cons
wearing a white painter's mask is advisable
Gret place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 12, 2018
Great opportunities for advancement
Great opportunities for raises
Benefits and compensation are some of the best.
Management invest in the associates career development and ensures that they are progressing in their skill set
Not a decent place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  McElhattanSeptember 5, 2018
At one time First Quality was a decent place to work with competitive wages and a management and administrative staff that was honest and fair. I am not sure what has happened but it’s like a reality tv show now. If you are an adult and have a desire to work a real job and be an adult with other adults, you probably should choose somewhere else. No matter what you do here, they pull you into their ridiculousness. A fish rots from the head.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Poor management, long hours, zero consistency, no integrity, undependable, mediocre wages and lack of support for all of it.
a very demanding place to work
slitter lead (Former Employee) –  Hazle Township, PAAugust 14, 2018
very stressful fast pace and always adding more tasks to do and not getting paid extra.Managment is very demanding and on your back if something goes wrong and never complements anybody when things are good.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks and some days you hardly get one
I loved it
Warehouse forklift (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 5, 2018
Everything thing was great about working at first quality. Fair hours. Fair benefits. The best hours I could have. Matched with my personal life style very well. Being a single fathet. Also they had a weekly store you could buy product from first quality.
Long hours and rotating shifts
Palletizer Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJuly 31, 2018
There were two shifts, 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am. I had to drive an hour to get there. On your feet all day, dull gray walls. We made generic baby diapers. They were packed in boxs and my job was to use a palletizer to stack and shrink wrap the skids of product and load into a truck. Take inventory of product , replenish skids, change batteries in forklifts, replace shrink wrap. Train people to run the machines. Unload product, preform inspections.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long days, multiple responsiblities no raise
needs new management
Printing Press Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 25, 2018
This would be a great place to work if management would stop messing with everyone's pay. when they tell you that you are going to get a pay raise and don't give it to you that is not good business.
Pros
Good insurence
Cons
They dont want to pay anything to the employies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight