First Quality Employee Reviews

Boss
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 12, 2019
To many bosses not letting people learn the machines in a fair amount of time. Training is not up to par to be success in the company and a lot of favors with the operators.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Training
Process Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 2, 2019
I have enjoyed my time with the company. They pay fairly well and there is definitely potential to move within the company. I can understand if some people don't like the company
Good
Tech III (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAFebruary 16, 2019
I liked what I was doing and the people I worked with. Just needed a different schedule . Working holidays and weekends conflicted with spending time with my family.
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits
Cons
Working 12 hrs. Having to work weekends and Holidays
It depend on your work area
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 14, 2019
Very bad management, im interviewing for others jobs now. Too many bosses low moral, They lead by fear. When you put in for other jobs you are least likely to get it they would rather hire from the outside then the inside. They preach culture , but the salary people need to practice it.They constantly on your back about housekeeping, it's a paper mill it will never be up to there imaginary standards
Pros
Some of the people you work with
Cons
Managers, cultures, micromangement
good place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 14, 2019
Culture is rigid with many rules. Clean environment.

Company values hourly employees and allows them to be involved in safety, process, and methods.

Building is climate controlled.
Pros
clean work environment
Summary
Platform Delivery Lead - Corporate Applications (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
OK, eliminated remote working in IT just recently, that flexibility made it a definite Pro working for them, now it was taken away, difficult for resources that have long commutes
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Remote working
Great Entrepreneurs
CFO (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Great Entrepreneurs. The best I have ever worked with. However also very odd / quirky when it comes to interacting with people. Also very stingy when it comes to compensation relative to the competition.
Absolutely Horrible!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 18, 2019
You bust your butt for 12+ hours a day on a machine that only works when it wants to work and they make you run it till it breaks. They do not care about what you have done or doing. They continue to bark orders down your back that absolutely can not be done. If you are not best friends with upper management then you can kiss any and all freedom goodbye. Do not breath wrong or they will write you up.
Didnt enjoy the job
repacker,operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 7, 2019
They didnt pay enough money for me to travel 45 minutes and the management was terrible I wouldn't reccomend the job to anybody thata looking to advance in their career
As a private company, lots of ownership involvement
Planning and Architecture Leader (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 20, 2018
The owners of the company are very actively involved in the day-to-day running of the company. This was good to see initially but later on it felt like there weren't clear guidelines of when to involve the ownership or when can decisions be made without their input. This resulted in lots of re-work when we got this wrong.

I felt that the funding process for relatively small dollar values (few 1,000's) even after being approved by a C-level person, had to also go to ownership. This was slow and non-value add.

The atmosphere in general is very family-like. The owners have done a great job to maintain the family-style culture. Colleagues at work become your close friends - helps effectiveness at work. This promoted a very upbeat work environment where there was lot of fun and laughter.
Pros
very friendly work environment, lots of jokes and laughter, great salary and benefits
Cons
Apart from learning how to work effectively with Ownership, no other cons.
Tolerable
Assistant Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PADecember 5, 2018
Pay is above average compared to other local factories. Opportunities to advance on production floor. Annual raises. Quarterly bonuses/holiday pay. Reasonable breaks. PTO/paid vacation. Weekly pay. Great job if you can handle a lot of BS. Management is AWFUL. They are lazy, rude, and truly have no idea what they are doing. They will degrade you and gossip to other co-workers about you. Lots of favoritism. Poor training; you essentially have to teach yourself. 12 hour shifts. 36 hours one week, 48 hours second week. Understaffed so you are usually doing your job plus someone else's. Constantly on your feet.
Pros
Hourly pay, bonuses, holiday pay
Cons
Everything else
made tissue with ease
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29625November 28, 2018
typical day there with making tissue would mostly likely have some trouble shooting problems where we would have to fix them in order for it to come back up and start working again. I learned the process of how to make tissue. Management was very horrible. They do not practice what they preach or look out for their employees. Hardest part about the job would be 12+ hours. Best part we didn't have to do any heavy lifting.
Pros
everything besides management
Cons
management
Ok job
Converting Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 22, 2018
Need more advancement for people and better team building skills for the company.....and also need more holiday off/,................,.................
This place sucks!!!!!
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 18, 2018
The management is by far the worsted I have ever had out of 40yrs of working. They come up with a point system that gives you points towards a write up or termination based on "you could have done". 12 hr days when 8 hrs will do. when in your first 90 days you get sick or hurt something out of your control you get a write up. The money not worth the problems you get in return.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Everything else!!
Stressful, one sick day, management cares only about numbers and not the employees .. long hours
AO, op, op tech or mech, (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 16, 2018
3-2-2 schedule. 12 hour days so it’s Guaranteed overtime every other week. People on the floor get treated like dogs..most but not all of the upper people didn’t care about us. Very stressful if your lines are not running. One supervisor is just the worst. Two face, snitch, constantly bugging you, total pain in the...... Other employees don’t care much. It’s the mindset of someone else will take care of it and They’ll throw you under the bus so quickly..
Pros
36, and 48 hour work weeks
Cons
One of the supervisors just the worst. Long days. Stressful. Hard on your feet
Converting Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 16, 2018
I love my job and the people i work with im still employed going on 2yrs but until i find something different and meets my pay rate i will continue at first quality.
very produtive place
paper machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 3, 2018
very demanding on production best training from pcmc its a climate environment , very challenging job I had. they take time on training we use HMI computers to control machine learn different areas of operating inbosser rewinder accumulater I was very happy with first quality to become a paper machine operator. benefits are wonderfull.
Pros
they take care of their workers.
Cons
we have clinic on sight, gym, free drinks during summer, discount on toilet papaper paper towels and more fro first quality store.
First Quality Employees are the best
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 2, 2018
My experience at First Quality was very good for the most part. The involvement of the Ownership was very impressive. The culture was good and came from the top down within the company. The company provide training, good compensation, and gym. The benefits were not as good as other places I worked for (health and 401K). The first department I worked in was very team oriented and I enjoyed going to work. The plant I worked in was like a family.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Health and 401K not great
Interview process
Machine technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, gaOctober 1, 2018
After 3 years of putting in applications for this company I was finally called for an interview. Which made me think I had a chance at working here, but I was wrong. The interview was quick with 3 men in the room all asking questions back to back, leaving little room for a reasonable answer. I know I am very qualified for the position that I interviewed for, and I still didn’t get the job. I’ve worked in a factory setting my whole life operatored as well as maintenance, and yet my cousin who’ve only worked at restataunts her whole life was more qualified for the job than me. That was something to think about how she could get the job and I couldn’t, which is something she is still confused about as well.
Cons
Doesn’t hire based on resumé, interview process is intimidating
Not a bad place to work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  AndersonSeptember 29, 2018
Ok place to work, needs a lot of improvement in communication. Also roles need to be clearly defined. Also needs easier access to Human Resources. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
Overtime always available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight