First Quality Employee Reviews

Cool place to start working
Vacation Relief (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 6, 2018
Difficult to get permanent, but fun place to work
Exelent people, exelent work environment, hard work pays off, always moving a lot to work in different buildings
Overall sickening
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 24, 2018
claim culture is important but have nothing but asain & Indian people. Management sucks. 12 hour days/nights. No support. Bad machines breaking down👎
Pros
Discount
Cons
Breaks, 12hour shift, people, managment
nice place
Re-packer Seasonal work (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJune 21, 2018
very clean and supervisor I had was amazingly nice and understanding.

you are treated like a human being, and not property

typical day at work is fast paced but manageable
Great job bad management
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 19, 2018
Good money. Horrible management. Nepotism. Favoritism. Money is great but not worth the you put up with. Needs to reevaluate management hr and leads
Cut throat, lacks management, not family oriented, Night shift supervisors are terrible (D)
Tech II (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJune 18, 2018
Where should I start...First, I have been there 8 years did 3 and a half on night shift and the rest on daylight and I'm currently on the way out. I have read some of the reviews about McElhattan and they seem spot on management has no clue what goes on, run lines without sufficient amount of people, and HR is terrible. For example, on the platform I work on we recently had to wear GoPros on our heads so management can see what we do during product change overs. My manager told me we had to do this because there are aspects of the change over that is done that they didn't have documented. How hard is it to come out of your office once in a while and observe what is going on?

Currently since we have a new Production Manager things have really gone down hill people are getting fired days before they retire and people that have been there forever just quit. They now run more lines with less people and wonder why bad product goes through eventually perhaps because there is no one there to check product every 6 minutes that they require. Also, the Production Manager doesn't like that we have a local cleaning company come and clean so he rather take people that can run lines and make them clean for 12 hours instead (how does that make sense?) and then we have mandatory meetings on how we need to run better...... Management is so out of touch they rather care about how the floor looks than anything else.

First Quality is not family oriented currently I have heard that they were early on but not the case now.

I do enjoy the people I work with though and wish them the best
  more... of luck with their employement with this company.  less
Pros
Holiday Bonus, Quartely Bonus, Holiday Meals
Cons
Management, Ignorance, Morons run the place
Cut throat - No integrity
Technician (Former Employee) –  MaconJune 4, 2018
They were not honest. They treat people unfair. They do not care about people. No integrity and management is constantly lying. It could be a great place to work, however they focus on the wrong things. It is a good company and they have the wrong people in charge of their Macon locations. They are highly political and borderline prejudice.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Job itself is decent
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJune 1, 2018
The tasks you are required to do are easy and not real hard to keep up with, it is a decent place to work but the swing shift isn't something I care for and the days are long with their 12 hour shifts.
Great company to work for, outstanding management
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 26, 2018
First Quality is a strong, stable company with outstanding management from the owners to the front line supervisors. The product lines manufactured are top tier and there is no compromising employee safety and product quality.
Pros
Culture, Best Practice Approach, Emolyee focused.
Cons
Consensus based decision making can slow progress at times
First Quality is a good place to work.
Senior National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYMay 24, 2018
First Quality is a privately held company led by a great family with integrity and a strong work ethic. They provide a competitive wage and have a good work culture,
Lacks Culture
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 8, 2018
12 hour rotating shifts
Quarterly incentive raises
Workplace culture does not realistically equate the actual culture within the workplace
non-supportive management team (overall)
Stay Away
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 27, 2018
This company is ran by some of the most moronic people I have ever met. The managers are terrible, HR is a snake pit, and turnover is terrible. Constant meetings that are a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
everything
I worked in a Office
Warehouse/Traffic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAApril 27, 2018
I worked in all the warehouses and did so for a bit and got good at my job. I then bid up to a office job and got that were I spent the rest of my time till I had to leave due to Medical issues.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
They did not give me a rise for a year
First Quality
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anderson Heights, NCApril 16, 2018
It is very fast paced and stressful , team leads very good people good to work with management ok but they paint a great picture and dont follow up have to qualify for job advancement on days off
Not a bad place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAApril 11, 2018
Typical factory job. Full of politics and back stabbers. If not for that it would have been a great place to work. There was more than ample room for advancement. I was able to move up from a base QA Tech to a Tech 1 and then to a Tech 2 in about 4 months.
I hated it
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAApril 7, 2018
You never had time for anything. They where always changing rules and making new ones that you never new what was going on. Most stupid place to work at.
Pros
Cafe was pretty cool
Cons
Not a good place to work at.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAMarch 26, 2018
This company is one huge joke! They will throw you under the bus to make them look better. One mistake you make, it's your fault even if it's not your fault. The leads have favorites and you can tell because they take longer breaks than they are suppose to. The supervisors will make you feel like you acomplished anything you did. They say that they are family oriented, but they're not. If you're sick and you call off, that will go against your record. They have a point system and it is rediculous.
Pros
30 minute breaks every two hours
Cons
Poor management
Easy place to work, high turnover
Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 13, 2018
Within the department, there was a good sense of community and very reasonable expectations. Often found myself finishing my work early, and sometimes felt unproductive because of that. High turnover in other parts of the company though.
Quality Team (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29626March 3, 2018
Company is building a community culture based on humanity, core philosophies and team work. It is fast paced and customer focused. Management works to ensure we provide the best product possible. Most enjoyable part is working with the team members.
Very caring upper management.
Bag/Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 3, 2018
Everyone there has been extremely kind to me. I recently lost a loved one and they were there to see give me support. Definitely enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Probably the best I ever work in.
Porter (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Is a great work experience. I work for a seasonal position and had a great experience. I was considered for a full time position and was offer to stay; but the union requested that an employee with more time on the union took the available shift. You don't ever work and just one building and get to see more of the city as you work from building to building.
Pros
Pay lunch hour.
Cons
No parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.