First Quality Employee Reviews

Converting Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 16, 2018
I love my job and the people i work with im still employed going on 2yrs but until i find something different and meets my pay rate i will continue at first quality.
very produtive place
paper machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 3, 2018
very demanding on production best training from pcmc its a climate environment , very challenging job I had. they take time on training we use HMI computers to control machine learn different areas of operating inbosser rewinder accumulater I was very happy with first quality to become a paper machine operator. benefits are wonderfull.
Pros
they take care of their workers.
Cons
we have clinic on sight, gym, free drinks during summer, discount on toilet papaper paper towels and more fro first quality store.
Interview process
Machine technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, gaOctober 1, 2018
After 3 years of putting in applications for this company I was finally called for an interview. Which made me think I had a chance at working here, but I was wrong. The interview was quick with 3 men in the room all asking questions back to back, leaving little room for a reasonable answer. I know I am very qualified for the position that I interviewed for, and I still didn’t get the job. I’ve worked in a factory setting my whole life operatored as well as maintenance, and yet my cousin who’ve only worked at restataunts her whole life was more qualified for the job than me. That was something to think about how she could get the job and I couldn’t, which is something she is still confused about as well.
Cons
Doesn’t hire based on resumé, interview process is intimidating
typical factory workplace, i think?
Warehouser II/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 17, 2018
OK place to work. rotating schedule affects your circadian clock. The workplace is very clean for the most part. Some areas are A/C controlled (production area, breakrooms), some are not.
First Quality Review
Manager Converting Operations (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Privately owned company run by second and third generation who worry more about their own bank accounts than their employees. No real path forward shared and management system and team constantly changing and running scared of making any decisions due to ownership.
Pros
Cons
No structure, Backstabbing, Lack of quality and qualified leadership, No advancement opportunity
Interesting place to have worked at
Consultant manufacturing (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 13, 2018
This facility was a manufacturing site and involved Industrial processes to make the product. Not everyone was skilled in their duties except for the Controls Engineers.
Pros
Bright atmosphere inside the plant
Cons
wearing a white painter's mask is advisable
Gret place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 12, 2018
Great opportunities for advancement
Great opportunities for raises
Benefits and compensation are some of the best.
Management invest in the associates career development and ensures that they are progressing in their skill set
Not a decent place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  McElhattanSeptember 5, 2018
At one time First Quality was a decent place to work with competitive wages and a management and administrative staff that was honest and fair. I am not sure what has happened but it’s like a reality tv show now. If you are an adult and have a desire to work a real job and be an adult with other adults, you probably should choose somewhere else. No matter what you do here, they pull you into their ridiculousness. A fish rots from the head.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Poor management, long hours, zero consistency, no integrity, undependable, mediocre wages and lack of support for all of it.
I loved it
Warehouse forklift (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 5, 2018
Everything thing was great about working at first quality. Fair hours. Fair benefits. The best hours I could have. Matched with my personal life style very well. Being a single fathet. Also they had a weekly store you could buy product from first quality.
Long hours and rotating shifts
Palletizer Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJuly 31, 2018
There were two shifts, 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am. I had to drive an hour to get there. On your feet all day, dull gray walls. We made generic baby diapers. They were packed in boxs and my job was to use a palletizer to stack and shrink wrap the skids of product and load into a truck. Take inventory of product , replenish skids, change batteries in forklifts, replace shrink wrap. Train people to run the machines. Unload product, preform inspections.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long days, multiple responsiblities no raise
needs new management
Printing Press Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 25, 2018
This would be a great place to work if management would stop messing with everyone's pay. when they tell you that you are going to get a pay raise and don't give it to you that is not good business.
Pros
Good insurence
Cons
They dont want to pay anything to the employies
Long hours and fluctuating schedule for production and maintenance
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJuly 14, 2018
Management expects people to change shifts and work excessive overtime constantly. Offer very small annual raises. Only a handful of people do all the work while the rest are lazy but get paid just as much or more.
Cool place to start working
Vacation Relief (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 6, 2018
Difficult to get permanent, but fun place to work
Exelent people, exelent work environment, hard work pays off, always moving a lot to work in different buildings
Overall sickening
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 24, 2018
claim culture is important but have nothing but asain & Indian people. Management sucks. 12 hour days/nights. No support. Bad machines breaking down👎
Pros
Discount
Cons
Breaks, 12hour shift, people, managment
nice place
Re-packer Seasonal work (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJune 21, 2018
very clean and supervisor I had was amazingly nice and understanding.

you are treated like a human being, and not property

typical day at work is fast paced but manageable
Great job bad management
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 19, 2018
Good money. Horrible management. Nepotism. Favoritism. Money is great but not worth the you put up with. Needs to reevaluate management hr and leads
Cut throat, lacks management, not family oriented, Night shift supervisors are terrible (D)
Tech II (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAJune 18, 2018
Where should I start...First, I have been there 8 years did 3 and a half on night shift and the rest on daylight and I'm currently on the way out. I have read some of the reviews about McElhattan and they seem spot on management has no clue what goes on, run lines without sufficient amount of people, and HR is terrible. For example, on the platform I work on we recently had to wear GoPros on our heads so management can see what we do during product change overs. My manager told me we had to do this because there are aspects of the change over that is done that they didn't have documented. How hard is it to come out of your office once in a while and observe what is going on?

Currently since we have a new Production Manager things have really gone down hill people are getting fired days before they retire and people that have been there forever just quit. They now run more lines with less people and wonder why bad product goes through eventually perhaps because there is no one there to check product every 6 minutes that they require. Also, the Production Manager doesn't like that we have a local cleaning company come and clean so he rather take people that can run lines and make them clean for 12 hours instead (how does that make sense?) and then we have mandatory meetings on how we need to run better...... Management is so out of touch they rather care about how the floor looks than anything else.

First Quality is not family oriented currently I have heard that they were early on but not the case now.

I do enjoy the people I work with though and wish them the best
  more... of luck with their employement with this company.  less
Pros
Holiday Bonus, Quartely Bonus, Holiday Meals
Cons
Management, Ignorance, Morons run the place
Cut throat - No integrity
Technician (Former Employee) –  MaconJune 4, 2018
They were not honest. They treat people unfair. They do not care about people. No integrity and management is constantly lying. It could be a great place to work, however they focus on the wrong things. It is a good company and they have the wrong people in charge of their Macon locations. They are highly political and borderline prejudice.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Job itself is decent
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJune 1, 2018
The tasks you are required to do are easy and not real hard to keep up with, it is a decent place to work but the swing shift isn't something I care for and the days are long with their 12 hour shifts.
Great company to work for, outstanding management
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 26, 2018
First Quality is a strong, stable company with outstanding management from the owners to the front line supervisors. The product lines manufactured are top tier and there is no compromising employee safety and product quality.
Pros
Culture, Best Practice Approach, Emolyee focused.
Cons
Consensus based decision making can slow progress at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about