First Quarter Finance Employee Reviews

Exceptional
Contributor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 22, 2018
First Quarter Finance is a great place for those who want to push themselves to produce quality content. They run a tight ship but it's good because you're adding substantial value to readers. It's meaningful. It's hard work but the company has soul. Best way I can explain it.
Pros
Work remote, set your own hours, constructive feedback, smart CEO
Good
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh or mohaliApril 11, 2018
The first quarter finance is a good company .I am very happy because I will work in the first quarter finance comapny.Thanks to first quarter finance for gave me this opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch and tea
Cons
Only short breaks
Great for those looking for freelance writing work
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 10, 2018
I have been writing for FQF for approximately 6 months now, and it is one of the better freelance writing positions I have had.

Upon joining, you receive a style guide to help you format your articles, and editors were pretty understanding when my first article or two needed some extra edits to fit in with the site's style.

Pay is done per article, amount depends on article length and depth required. When you are assigned an article, you will know the pay you will receive for completing it.

There is typically no hard deadlines for articles, but there is an understanding of a certain level of article turnover.

Pay is decent, and I received a generous raise after a month or two.

Communication between the writers, editors, and owner is very good. The owner is always open for feedback, questions, concerns, etc. Editors are always quick to respond to requests, questions, etc.

Hardest part of the job... Sometimes things get repetitive (Isn't that anywhere really?). Calling 30 stores to find out about the store's check cashing policy, whether they sell certain products, or other details can be a long grind...

But for every "boring" article that comes by, you will likely get something you are interested in too. The site covers a very large range of topics. Lately the editors have been asking for topics that writers are interested in, so the chances of getting an article on a topic you are somewhat interested is better now.

In the end, if you are looking for a freelance writing job, I would highly recommend reaching out to FQF.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Great Flexible Freelance Job
Freelance Writer/ Contributer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 28, 2018
Working at First Quarter Finance has been a great freelance opportunity for me. I love that they are so flexible, relaxed, and supportive. The editors are great, always giving constructive, but never rude, feedback. It takes a little while to ramp up, especially if you're not used to doing a lot of research. But you can ping anyone anytime with questions. Even though we're all remote, there really is a sense of working together as a team and being part of a group.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
N/a
Flexible Hours, Interesting Work
Data Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 1, 2018
Working with First Quarter Finance has been enjoyable thus far, the people are friendly and the work is interesting. There is a bit of a learning curve, but people are definitely willing to help answer your questions. I would highly recommend working with this company if you have a willingness to learn new skills as needed and are able to receive constructive feedback when something needs to change.

First Quarter Finance gives competitive compensation, and I am grateful that you are also able to set your own hours. Management has been very flexible and understanding, and I really appreciate how dedicated FQF is to establishing a good work-life balance.
Pros
flexible hours, interesting work, help and feedback available, competitive pay
Cons
a bit of a learning curve, but stick with it
Great freelance job
Contributing Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 16, 2017
First Quarter Finance is a great, reliable job for a freelance writer. There's plenty of support, fast responses from editors, and there's no pitching or scrambling to find topics. All articles are fully outlined when they're assigned. Lots of work available and very competitive pay. Great, friendly people.
Relaxed, highly communicative work environment
Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 8, 2017
FQF works on an honor system with its editors, so it doesn't specifically track your hours or require you to work during a certain window of time. This allows you to grow at your own pace and work whenever it's convenient for you.
This is my first remote editing job, and I've found the culture to be surprisingly nurturing and challenging, even though it's all online. Everyone is very communicative and receptive to new ideas and discussions, as everyone's common goal is the growth of FQF.
Pros
Work from anywhere, Work whenever is convenient for you, Receptive to new ideas, Communicative coworkers
Cons
No benefits