First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

San Francisco, CA100 reviews
Great benefits,very good payscale
One of the better companies to work for not only in the Bay Area but Financial Services, in general. Lots of growth, rapid expansion of Technology and Asset Management divisions.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Lack of more senior roles for women
Not a recommended place to work if you want to work happily and grow professionally.
Poor leadership and work politics; which hinders employe's creativity and productivity. Management has no long term vision and fail in retaining employees.
Good place to work. Management were very good and gave good direction on what they wanted. Bank is embracing latest technologies as needed and provide good training.
Great place to work, if you don’t mind commuting
I love working at FRB, the only thing I had to get used to is the commute. But benefits, culture and environment is awesome. The people that are hired are extremely professional and very kind. The culture is about making you want to come to work and feel appreciated.
great company
great company from beginning to end. People are always helpful and go out of their way to solve difficult problems that other facing or direct to someone that can help
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great culture.
The best place I've ever worked. They consider colleagues as an asset.
Great benefits that most companies don't offer.

Fun place to work. Great values and take care of their customers.
they care about you
Great smiles, great food prices, quality work environment, a place you respect and they respect you...

Love the people I work with and for, Love the area, Love my job
cafes
The cafes are convenient and subsidized. The new one is often times more popular than the other. Food quality is OK, not great. Fresh salad is one of my favorites.
Productive and Friendly Workplace.
My Boss is really good at productive who supports all the team and always smiley. Other Technical Folks are very friendly and creates the fun environment. I really enjoy this team.
Lots of challenges with good benefits in a demanding environment
Dynamic environment and demanding. Focus on the customer. Challenges in IT need attention. Middle management needs more training. Very good compensation and good support to employees.
Challenging and fast paced workplace
Thinking about what technology can be versus what it is today is a motto to live by in this company. Creativity in line with security requirements will keep you motivated and excited on where you can take Tech in this environment.
Overall Great Company
Client service first mentality. Growth by adding one good client at a time with no sales goals which led to less pressure for bankers to push products and also higher client satisfaction.
An excellent corporate culture which led to low employee attrition.
A very professional place to work with good pay
First Republic Bank has a great office culture, good pay and benefits and approachable management. Their offices in SF are very professional and they even offer discounted breakfast and lunch in their private cafeterias.
na
it was ok i worked in call center but management lies a lot and wants to act like they are innocent and they dont care about you everything is always broken and the technology was old
Great work environment located in thriving economic areas
I highly recommend First Republic. The culture there offers support on an individual basis and has a community feel. Management takes care of their employees at First Republic.
Productive and fun
Experience in creating T-SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and Exception handling for retrieving, manipulating, checking, and migrating complex data sets
Decent
FRB is a decent workplace with good benefits, current technology, stable but dynamic pace. The back can accommodate remote work with proper management approval.
Unequal and Limited Growth
Treatment and workload of staff is unequal between different teams. Not much room for growth and a lot of processes are manual but there is little incentive to make changes. Bad work life balance and unrealistic expectations. Employees are for the mostly part very friendly.
Meh
Cafe is good. Workers are good. Location is good. Interview process is lengthy and tiring. They take a long time to hire even after lots of interviews.
Great workplace in terms of call center
My first job out of college was at FRB and the company and culture are amazing. Working at the call center was stressful at times but we were paid accordingly. If you work there for 1-2 years, you can pretty move into any department based on experience and other coworkers who went through the transition.
Age discrimination.
I interviewed for a compliance testing associate job and was very clear that I did not have any prior experience. My manager gave up on my after 2 months. Oh, did I mention that I am 60 and this was age discrimination? There is a clause in the job offer letter that if a new job does not work out after 3 months, you receive a months severance. I received 8 weeks and they pay for one months COBRA benefits. My parting gift was a very honest exit interview with HR. Let's hope the manager receives some much needed training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Republic Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight