First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank Employee Reviews

United States182 reviews
Decent Place
Overall strong culture at this company unfortunately not the case for my direct team. Hostile work environment. Hard to get help from other departments who focus on the bare minimum.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Stressful, no remote working, rude coworkers
Upcoming Bank, introducing a lot of technology
FRB is an upcoming bank developing many new systems. The work environment was great, with many very smart employees.

The work culture was collaborative with a great emphasis on completing projects on time.
Pros
Very smart colleagues
Cons
Strong team and work ethics
Friendly and collaborative place to work and play. Credit culture is very conservative but with significant flexibility in customizing loan product terms and conditions to suit very demanding clientele.
Pros
subsidized employee cafe
Cons
inconsistent internal communications
Amazing Management
I enjoyed working at First Republic very much. My supervisors were very supportive. It was a very interesting because most of the client were wealth division so unique loan structures were always on the table.
Pros
Benefits and Management
Cons
Distance to work
Productive and Fun Place to work
First Republic Bank is a great place to work with amazing people and even better management and the Cafe has great staff and amazing food. Cant go wrong with FRB
Pros
Pay, Cafe, Management, Co Workers
Cons
405 Freeway
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
good place to work. room for advancement
Takes time to accumulate bonus. Great people to work with. Everyone has experience in the role. Company is growing rapidly. Must fit in with company culture and fellow employees. Must be available to work without outside distractions.Takes a while for bonus' to accumulate (at least 2 years, but once you reach 2 years, bonus may reach salary level). Combined Teller and Personal Banking and sales at same time. Lots of multitasking but doable. Clients are easier to get along with than the bigger banks.
Pros
1 free lunch per week. friendly and knowledgeable employees. Clients are working professionals.
Cons
bonus take time to accumulate. Must fit in with company culture
Being nice is valued more than being effective
I worked with a high performing, emotionally intelligent, team in IT - we were highly effective, productive and had a lot of fun along the way. However, the folks at the top were never able to recognize the value of our contributions and were slow to consider proposals to improve our services and align with industry best practices in IT Service Management. They seemed to be inured to the data we presented (simplified to make it as easy to understand as possible) and simply dismissed every solution we presented to improve our services. This was frustrating to say the least. Here's a company that praises the glories of extraordinary service, yet when given the opportunity to make services better - at minimal cost and with enthusiastic staff ready to make it work - they balk. I've heard that new leadership arrived and took action by adding additional headcount - that's better than nothing but shows that this organization's IT department has a long way to go to mature its IT Service Management program. I have no regrets about my 5 years at FRB but i do still wish at the bottom of my heart that we could have fulfilled our goals of developing true best in class services.
Pros
Great, energetic hard working, fun colleagues. Good compensation and benefits. Great location downtown San Francisco.
Cons
Myopic senior management with old school thinking.
Pays well and most of the people are good people.
I made some lifelong friends with my co-workers at FRB. They pay well and they offer great benefits. Some of the bankers can be difficult though. Their requests are always "emergencies" and they try to blame you for their mistakes.
Pros
Solid benefits and good pay
Cons
Some bankers try to pass the buck when they do something wrong
Productive workplace
Great place to work at and great benefits as well. one of the best perks is onsite cafeteria discount for staff and the monthly fitness stipend also offered to staff.
Productive work place
Deliver clients withdrawls and deposits to there private residents or busnesses. Also keep record of of clients recipes and copies for client transacion
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Republic Bank?
Polite Corporate Environment
A typical day at work: Sign in, check emails, answer phones.

What I learned: information about financial products & how a traditional corporate environment works.

Management: It depends on your team, but overall management is satisfactory. There are some really great leaders and there are some who are holding back from allowing this company to progress.

Culture: This is a pretty relaxed culture for the Finance industry, however, don't let it be misleading, a lot of people work crazy hours to make deadlines. For the industry, it seems to try to maintain a small office environment and encourages collaboration with other teams, etc.

Hardest Part of Job: Staying motivated & dealing with telemarketers.

Most Enjoyable: Having met many great people in one place.
Pros
Cheap lunch, 3 weeks PTO
Cons
Hard to take breaks
This is a good place to work in downtown San Francisco. It has a good work culture and nice people. IT uses good technologies and they provide lots of training.
Great Culture and People
First Republic Bank is a wonderful place to work, but advancement is extremely competitive and difficult. The best thing about FRB are definitely the people.
Pros
stipend lunch, health care, dental, vision, 401k match, pre-tax transportation
Cons
no career advancements
Advancing technology, slow management
People in management positions should be hired for ability to manage a team, not because of legacy. The amount of changes they are trying to push forward is admirable, but the fake deadlines are hard to handle.
Great energy, easy to build strong relationships, strong company.
Strong company, will place you in a position to learn a great deal. Allows the right people an opportunity to advance, and take in more challenging roles. Overall, really good place to start your career, for some, and continue your career for others.
Pros
Subsidized meals, 401k match, tuition repayment
Cons
Difficult to advance, and/or find ways to grow professionally outside of your role.
Good environment to work
Work culture.
People management.

Learn more about technology.

Team members are good.

Location is good.

Take care employees in the company.

Place to learn.
N/a
its and amazing place to work with a flexibility of working hours along with nice managed and leadership team. plenty of opportunity to lean along with exteral training options.
Pros
Subsided Breakfast and lunch.
Need management traing shuldn't be based on how long but qualitifications.
Enjoyed working for the company but put people in position based on length on time not based on skills some people does not know how to manage people, encourage people no people skills at all very difficult to work under people that has not been trained or taught these skills
slow pace
I enjoy working with FRB but its a very slow pace to work at , even there are a lot of deadline. love the culture and the people but lack of improvement within the company.
Pros
decent meal price
Cons
not motivation job
Fun work culture with good benefits
Hard to move up but good work culture and quarterly bonuses are given out. Management tended to be a little strict but overall good place to work and start a career
Pros
Cheap lunch and good pay
Cons
Management can be strict
Prodctive and Fun
Productive and fun place to work. The culture of the bank is very different , you ave the freedom to make decisions on your own as long as it makes sense for the business.
Pros
Culture of the bank
Cons
LOng Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Republic Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.