First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank Employee Reviews

Featured review
First Republic Bank selected this as a representative review
People at First Republic work extremely hard. There's a deep commitment to client satisfaction and everyone works diligently to ensure the client is taken care of. On the other hand, people know how to let loose and have fun together when there's downtime. The pay is very competitive and in most cases, you will earn more here than you would in a similar role at another bank. There's not much work-life balance. Everyone I worked with usually worked around 9-10 hour days because there is always just so much work to be done. That being said, there is definitely room for career progression and First Republic does a good job of promoting from within and rewarding hard-working colleagues.
Pros
Good Pay, good management, good benefits, ability for career advancement
Cons
bad work life balance
Management is horrible. They refuse to train associates and will criticize you harshly for not being perfect. Decided to leave the company after 2 months because my manager was very harsh and aggressive towards me and other associates.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No support
First Republic is a great company to work for! Ideally for employees that don't mind overtime certain times of the year! The company has great benefits packages and compensation!
I was provided with wonderful training sessions which developed my skills and character. My communicational skills improved as well as my work ethic. More responsibilities were given to me because my employers entrusted me and believed in me.
Pros
Skill development
Cons
Far commute
These comments are for the Internal Audit Dept. FRB is famous for its exceptional customer service and friendly staff, and that extended to relationships b/w staff and staff also. Most people are friendly. There are politics at the top as is the case anywhere. During busy periods, I worked up to 50-55 hrs a week. But most of the time it was 40-45 hr. Overall, I'd give it a B+/A- in terms of a nice place to work. Also, the business units we audited understood that Internal Audit was not out to get them in trouble, but there to catch items before the external regulators did. We felt like we were on the same team, so the business units we audited were generally helpful.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I've worked for the bank for about a year. IT management favors and promotes off short workers which became apparent to me within a few months. If you like to be discriminated against or micromanaged then this is the place to work for. Zero work / life balance. OSHA / HIPPA vialators right and left. HR is a joke they side with the poor management.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, no work/life balance, back stabbing managers
I would work for FRB agin at the drop of a hat. Been a grest 11 years with them. Great managers and team partners...................................
In my department we trained 3 different supervisors in 10 years. If backstabbing gets you ahead or tight with the boss it's ok. The most intelligent folks ARE NOT those that are promoted, it's very political. Those with the technology expertise are great mentors, but will not be promoted.
Pros
Decent pay. Work from home
Cons
You'll train many of your supervisors
First Republic Bank is a diverse and inclusive organization. Every team genuinely cares for their colleagues and management is very supportive and wants you to succeed.
Pros
Great Salary, awesome people
Cons
Can be stressful if one is not used to be in a semi fast paced environment.
This was a horrible working experience for me and it had nothing to do with the actual bank. My negative view of  Republic Bank really comes from my interaction with a young female manageress. She lacked finesse in terms of how she dealt with other human beings. Simply put she had no manners. All of her intelligence did not assist her with her interactions. I felt sick working there and so I had to leave. The bank is open all hours basically from about 7 in the morning to 8 at night Monday through Friday and 8 in the morning to 6 in the evening on Saturdays and I think 11 a.m. on Sundays to 4 p.m. . work-life balance is a serious issue with these folks. Since they don't have a large volume of customers such as the bigger Banks, their hours did not make sense. They are also stuck in time when it comes to technology this made work hard for me. The only pluses they had in terms of technically advanced features were the surface tablets they used to open accounts and the touch screen monitors that's used on their teller line.
Pros
open late, cross training, small customer base
Cons
limited technology, long hours, manual
They have some great overall ideas of culture and benefits, but management is so political that even the lowest employees get caught in the crossfire.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management culture, politics, hr covers problems
I learned a lot will at FRB, but mgmt. have extremely critical and unsupportive. After several years of successful project management they seemed to almost 'turn on me' for no known reason. They were extremely critical, but supplied no other feedback.
Poor leadership and work politics; which hinders employe's creativity and productivity. Management has no long term vision and fail in retaining employees.
Overall strong culture at this company unfortunately not the case for my direct team. Hostile work environment. Hard to get help from other departments who focus on the bare minimum.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Stressful, no remote working, rude coworkers
One of the better companies to work for not only in the Bay Area but Financial Services, in general. Lots of growth, rapid expansion of Technology and Asset Management divisions.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Lack of more senior roles for women
Good place to work. Management were very good and gave good direction on what they wanted. Bank is embracing latest technologies as needed and provide good training.
I love working at FRB, the only thing I had to get used to is the commute. But benefits, culture and environment is awesome. The people that are hired are extremely professional and very kind. The culture is about making you want to come to work and feel appreciated.
great company from beginning to end. People are always helpful and go out of their way to solve difficult problems that other facing or direct to someone that can help
Great company culture focused on customer satisfaction towards delivering and exceeding customer service experience. I all Loved client interactions.
The best place I've ever worked. They consider colleagues as an asset. Great benefits that most companies don't offer. Fun place to work. Great values and take care of their customers.
Great smiles, great food prices, quality work environment, a place you respect and they respect you... Love the people I work with and for, Love the area, Love my job