First Source LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
work evierment
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 17, 2018
i loved the work and helping out. but the H.R department made is clear that they did not want employees to even laugh.
hr was never there and you are left asking a manager who also didn't know anything.
hourly employees made the company great.
Pros
free cake once a month and employee driven pot lucks
Cons
too many
Terrible
Medical Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
This job sucks big time. They don't care about their employees at all. The Supervisor over Aetna is the worst supervisor ever. She has absolutely no people skills
Very relaxed work environment
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company. As long as you stick to yourself and strive to do better than you did the day before, you will succeed there.
May 15, 2018

We do not have a location in Rockford, IL. Are you referring to First Source, LLC? We are a Candy, Snack & Nuts distribution company in Tonawanda, NY, Toano, VA, Lebanon, TN and Pico Rivera, CA.

Ehh
customer service base collections (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 22, 2018
The Bank of america dept is a joke, poorly run by the management. the supervisors are never around to help, always sitting around socializing with each other. the management staff hires people that have no experience and don't know how to act in a office setting.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2018
good upper management when the company opened in Lou, KY. I dont feel the upper management was given enough time to prove the call center was going to make it.
Pros
company provided lunches monthly
Cons
promotions were few unless you were in with the right people
May 15, 2018

ugh
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Misrepresent jobs as full-time permanent and then when you leave another employer to go there it turns out to be a temp job. Managers are full of themselves and talk down to you.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
False advertising and misrepresentation of job
Very fast paced
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Great first job, not a career, learned something new every week , a lot of different cultures , management can use some work. Meeting new people is the most enjoyable part of this job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the machines.
employees are helpful
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 11, 2017
employees are friendly and very helpful with training new employees.
Able to purchase product at discounted rate. Warehouse is clean & comfortable to work in year round
Pros
discount on purchases
Cons
employee benefits
nice place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSJuly 24, 2017
I worked a range of hours due to the clients I was under and it wasn't a set 8-5job. Some days we would work 4 hours in the morning get told to go home and get called back in at 6 or 7 oclock at night to work and finish our hours until midnight due to our clients needs.
November 25, 2017

First Source, LLC is not located in Kansas. Is it possible that you are referring to a different company? We are the largest candy and nut distributor in the US, distributing gourmet foods and packaging candy and nuts. We are located in Toano, VA, Tonawanda, NY, Pico Rivera, CA and Tennessee.

If you really need a job, then apply.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAJune 11, 2017
When there is work and they need you, you work. When orders are slow, they furlough or get rid of you. The culture there is to place profit over employees.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Low pay. Physical work not equal to the pay. Mandatory Saturday work without much advance notice.
terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
To my knowledge this company shut down or atleast the branch I worked at. They make incentive bonuses but then don't pay when employees actually meet the criteria.
Pros
Cons
trashy management
July 19, 2017

We do not have a location in Louisville, KY. Are you referring to the company that distributes Candy, nuts and snacks?
We are First Source, LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace.

November 25, 2017

First Source, LLC is not located in Kentucky. Is it possible that you are referring to a different company? We are the largest candy and nut distributor in the US, distributing gourmet foods and packaging candy and nuts. We are located in Toano, VA, Tonawanda, NY, Pico Rivera, CA and Tennessee.

Underpaid, an Overworked
Current Employee who's leaving (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAMay 20, 2017
At First Source you will be underpaid an overworked. The management has no respect or appreciation for there employees. Save yourself , an dont apply.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management, Salary, No opportunity for advancement
Great Staff
Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 1, 2017
Never a dull moment in a typical day. Great work balance. Busy work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you helped the individual/families receive the benefits they where entitled to. Contract based if the company lost the contract for whatever reason you're out of a job.
New company that wasnt on top of hiring the right people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
The company was relatively new so they were hiring on anyone who walked through the door, this of course made the workplace extremely unprofessional. The management their didnt seem to care about our concerns.
Pros
longer lunch
Cons
short break, to much drama, and unporductive
November 25, 2017

The people are socialize at some point they preferr taking their own kind a people. It is fun sometimes but not for sure.
First source transaction (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 18, 2017
I have learned a lot based on the claims that I receive everyday according to the company. I have to send it off immediately and love for those claims.
Pros
We have free lunches provided from our mangers quite a few times.
Cons
Brakes are short sometimes long enough it the boss allows you.
July 19, 2017

Are you referring to the company that distributes candy, nuts and snacks? We do not have a location in Utah. I think you are talking about a different company. We are First Source LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace. www.first-source.com

Great friendly work atmosphere
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 10, 2017
It's a great work atmosphere with friendly co-workers that gives you all the tools you need to be a successful employee. There are advancement opportunities if you can be successful in the job that you do.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 27, 2017
First Source was a very decent company to work for. They are fair and provide a very nice work environment with very enjoyable co-workers. They provide places to eat, indoor and out, and have good benefits.
powerful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 23, 2017
workplace was good friendly people managers and supervisors were very helpful. learned many things which now I use as experience. definitely would go back if I can get the possibili.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 12, 2017
I enjoy working at first source I was really comftarable with everyone really nice people peaceful place to work at. I would definitely go work there again if I had the chance but sadly it was only temporary and covering someones vacation.
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSFebruary 24, 2017
My experience was very unprofessional they didn't know how to hook up their phones and when you ask questions certain management rude. Also very inconsistent on decisions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional
July 19, 2017

Are you referring to the company that distributes candy, nuts and snacks? We do not have a location in Louisville, KY. I think you are talking about a different company. We are First Source LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace. www.first-source.com