First South Bank Employee Reviews

INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed my nearly 10 years of employment at First South Bank. The bank not only provides a great place to work, but also meets and exceeds customers expectations regarding day to day customer service with their banking needs.
To much drama
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 25, 2018
Working at first south bank was a great experience and I loved the customers and everyday operations. Sometimes well all the time it was nothing but drama, and it was only a few of us.
First South Bank no longer exists
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 7, 2018
First South Bank was purchased by another financial institution. Therefore there is no need to review, during the time that I was employed there is irrelevant.
It was a nice place to work, the staff was nice, customers were friendly
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCFebruary 28, 2018
The company seemed like we were one big family .
You got to know most of the employees inside of the company when we had our annual Christmas party
I wasn’t too happy about getting paid once a month
But the benefits were pretty good .First South started out putting the customer first but then after a while a lot of former employees of Wells Fargo were hired and the company became a sells driven place of business .
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
1Not much room in growth, if you are trying to do something different inside of the company
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 21, 2017
My Manager should not have been a Manager and that was the worst part of my experience working there. It is a good company and I think the CEO is great, but tellers should be paid more. Too much responsibility for 10/hour
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Not enough pay for such responsibility
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone was nice. Management was thorough, direct, and compassionate. I learned a lot while working there. I made myself teachable and my coworkers and managers did an excellent job at teaching me.
Pros
Great coworkers and work environment
Cons
Merging with another company
great post closing department
Legal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the post closing department. It was a great way to learn the mortgage documents. I was able to utilize my organizational skills a great deal.
First South Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 12, 2017
Not my choice place of work. Great coworkers with lots of team effort. Diverse customer base. But not much opportunity for advancement from lower positions. Pay is subpar.
fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 10, 2017
this is a community bank that focus on giving customers you first experience. It has been pleasant working for this Company, specially when you have a great team.
Pros
vacation time and good team
Cons
35 minutes awa
Great environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 12, 2017
Great environment. Friendly coworkers. Great management. Great Benefits. Company truly cares for their employees. great group of people to work with.
Very supportive environment
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJune 24, 2017
Workers at First South Bank get treated like family. Compassion abounds. Company currently going through merger process, but carefully selected partner with very similar values.
Productive Environment
Mortgage Loans (Current Employee) –  Washington, NC 27889June 14, 2017
First South Bank is a great place to work with competitive benefits and opportunity for advancement. Paid time off is also very competitive to other banking institutions.
Always new customer interactions which were different from the last.
Deposit Administration Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 11, 2017
FSB was a unique place to work. Dealing with the public you are never sure what might happen. I enjoyed getting to know my customers and being able to help them with their financial needs.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not always being able to fix their issues
One of the worst financial institutions to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 9, 2017
This bank has the worst uneducated, lazy employees I have ever worked for. So much so, that one morning we could not open the branch because of habitually late and call-out associates. Favoritism is rampant. Entirely too small of an institution to advance in a career path. Compensation is laughable.
Great bank to work for
CREDIT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER / VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 11, 2017
Great bank to work for, unfortunately it is being acquired by a larger bank. Management is very strong and work environment was very friendly. Have learned many different facets of banking
Very productive, staff was great to work with, good working environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 1, 2016
Loved the banking business. Great benefits and working conditions. I trained New employees for teller positions, handled security camera, sold certificate of deposits to customers, in charge of safety deposit boxes.
Pros
Yearly pay increases, paid vacations and holidays, good health rance coverage.
Cons
Too many turn overs with tellers and in management.
Not for me
FSA (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 29, 2016
I don't know how this bank even stays open the way it is ran. The cliques are horrible. If your not in the clique, your not going to stay around long. So many double standards it's ridiculous.
Pros
Money
Cons
Small minded people
Great work place
Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2016
FSB has a great work environment. Great place to work. Relationship Manager is seeking a new opportunity. I have 18 years in the banking industry with a great amount of contacts and banking experience.
Financial institution which served its community's financial needs.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed this job because it gave me considerable accounting experience after graduating from college. This financial institute had various aspects of accounting based on mortgage, borrowing, wire transfers, etc.
Pros
Excellent benefit package.
Cons
Excellent working environment
Community Bank
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 1, 2016
First South Bank is a small community bank and it strives to provide excellent customer service. The work environment is the same. Everyone works together as a team and treats each other as if they were family members. The company is very big on acknowledging a job well done and encourages all staff to submit someone for recognition when they see something above and beyond the call of duty happening in the office.
Pros
work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First South Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight