First State Bank of the Florida Keys Employee Reviews

Bad pay and poor management from supervisors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 29, 2018
Not a good workplace. bad supervisors, lots of gossip and ill will rumors created by staff. No room for advancement. Beneits were ok. Loud environment and inappropriate comments from staff but yet no one does anything about it.
Works for the time you need employment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 21, 2014
I loved my fellow employees and some of the customers but the pay was extremely low and management failed to follow employee handbook guidelines and so did HR. Hours were very long and you were required to stand on your feet all day long in heels. They attempt to intimidate employees and make them feel their complaints are not justified. They try to make you believe that their benefit package and hourly compensation are some of the best in the industry.
Pros
Once in awhile we were bought lunch and breakfast. Breaks were given daily.
Cons
Healthcare was costly and unaffordable for families due to the low pay.
Productive and fun workplace
full-time teller (Former Employee) –  Keys, FLJanuary 3, 2013
I worked as a full-time teller and learned about cross-selling of bank products and services. I learned how to perform specific teller duties and responsibilities. My management was friendly and helpful as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when there would be a line of customers that would have to wait due to limited computer speed. Nonetheless, during this time I would do my best to provide outstanding customer service that was efficient and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend more time with each customer making friendly conversation when it was not that busy.
Pros
great work environment, clients, co-workers, and manager
Cons
limited computer speed in handling mass amounts of transactions
N/a
Book-keeper (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 3, 2015
Great place to work! Great co-workers and great management! Fun environment, great benefits, and everyday you learn new things!
Stable company/no growth
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Stable company, no growth, low pay, little commitment to its employees. Ok benefits, no peks, no incentives, low quality of management.
Pros
lay back
Cons
low pay, no growth.
Overall Summary
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Keys, FLApril 1, 2017
Working hard to remain competitive not unlike other industries and experiencing the normal growing pains that go along with that endeavor. Realization of needed change while facing challenges of breaking from the status quo. A bank with a very rich history that has many good hard working people working there.
Stepping stone to better jobs elsewhere
Residential Loan Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 9, 2016
One of the larger non-governmental employers in Monroe County, FL. Senior management does not want nor recognize input from subordinates, for fear of being shown up. Professional job opportunities are limited in Monroe County, in general, and specifically in Key West, so many of the employees are long term, but very unhappy. Management has had a habit of running off good employees.
Challenging workload due to growth mode
Vice President- Commercial Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing credit analyses performed by credit analysts reporting to me. I provided them with coaching and trained them on underwriting loans within different industries.

My co-workers were hard working individuals; however, a major weakness was that they lacked formal credit training. As such, the hardest part of the job was training them on different types of underwriting unfamiliar to them. The most enjoyable part of the work was the team pride derived from getting most loans approved by the directors loan committee without having to entertain major questions from them.
Great people to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 25, 2012
Everyone was really nice, built friendships with everyone. Wish there were more opportunities to advance. Management was great.
Good job, great people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMarch 16, 2017
First State Bank is a great work environment with awesome employees. The people you work with are like family. Programs are easy to learn and you're never on your own.
Great place to gain experience with customers and money
Teller (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 25, 2012
I enjoyed my time there and loved meeting and building relationships with people.