Jobs and Careers at First Student
Work happinessScores based on about 1,452 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOPaul Osland69%approve of Paul Osland's performance
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenue$5B to $10B (USD)
- IndustryTransportation & Logistics
You’re seeing all 1,127 jobs at First Student because we can’t find any available jobs at First Student close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 16.3K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at First Student have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 340 questions about working at First Student. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from First Student employees.
Insights from 729 Indeed users who have interviewed with First Student within the last 5 years.
I applied thru Indeed and sent over my resume. I recieved an email to set up a virtual phone interview. So I made sure my hair and my shirt looked nice. It was an easy interview, my interviewer was very nice and made me comfortable. She told me that she is going to recommend me for a follow up in person interview and that I would be hearing from them in a few days. The next day I recieved a phone call from Karen who was very nice and also made me feel comfortable. I saw her the following Monday. It was a fairly easy interview with her, asked all the right questions some questions were hard but understandable. I was then scheduled for a dexterity test a few days later, I passed that then I had to go get a drug test the same day. They will tell you that you must go directly there after leaving them then, come back with the paperwork that you had the test done. If you dont go the same day, you will not be hired. I figured that they do that so people can't clean up thier system. About two weeks is how long for drug test to come back, I had a promise of employment as long as I passed the drug tesr, criminal background and drivers license backgound. I didnt hear from them so I did a follow up phone call for the status and apparently the lab didnt notify them. So if you dont hear from them I would follow up. I recieved a phone call today that I was hired. Even tho our schools are closed due to Covid, they are setting up my training. I was hired at the Berlin NJ office
Where did i see myself in 5 years?
Do you have reliable transportation to work ? Can you be on time for work ?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- articleWhat’s it like working at First Student?Published on May 24, 2021
- First Student