First Tech Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Company with Great Team
Chief Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 9, 2018
The company is focused on delivering exceptional products and service to it's members. The team is great and everyone works together to achieve the companies goals.
Wasn't for me
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 7, 2018
At first it was like finding a haven of people truly doing the right thing and the credit union mentality was alive and well. People helping people and getting paid enough to support yourself and your family in this crazy economy. Then they became a bank with a mask. Everyone gives the speech of help your members and care about them but if you don't 'get something' you haven't done your job. Sound familiar? If you don't hit your goal you get a crazy action plan with run rates and you'll be stalked by your manager and you manager's manager and everything you do, right down to the way you shake somebodies hand, will be criticized. Don't be a financial robot but do everything the same and ask everybody you see the same question. Really wears you down after awhile.

Now it's not all bad, if you love sales and don't care about others constantly nagging you they pay relatively well. If you are shark go for it! Tough skin, don't care, looking for food you will do great.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
High goals, sales pressure, not much PTO, maternity leave is a joke (almost no paternity leave)
Changing the direction of the Credit Union
Member Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 4, 2018
The new changes that came to the company were some good and some bad ways. Not a direction I was interested in so I chose to move on and direct my work life to another direction
Workplace Culture
HR/Payroll Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 1, 2018
Workplace Culture is good. Very rich benefits. I felt cheated out of a job since they wanted to move my position to Oregon. That is why they did not get any rating above a three.
Benefits
Cons
Management decisions
Productive , Technologies , Fun ping pong
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
New Technologies and new exposure in Technology first tech is willing for . Enjoy every culture events and lots of new activity every month . Love to work here .
Historically a good employer
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonApril 6, 2018
Have loved this company for my entire career path.Going through a lot of transformation and change.My advise is;do what is right for our employees and members always. And please; slow down a little. CEO is a great man with great visions.
Pros
Have always treated employees well
Cons
Changing culture is causing a lot of stress.
Positive Enviornment
PHONE SALES & SERVICE [TEMP] (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
I loved the culture and motivation..but I worked as a Temp and my manger pretty much gave me anxiety by constantly throwing in my face if I wanted to become permanent I would need to be perfect. I felt like my efforts were not enough and it left me on edge.
Avoid financial services
Advisor Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2018
Financial Services are not tied-in well with the credit union. Financial services has very weak leadership, and they do not fulfill their promises to employees.
Terrible management
FSR (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 1, 2018
Good company if your not working in the branches. You’re micromanaged daily for everything by manager, regional manager, and sales manager. None of the know how to treat employees well. Morale in branches is dismal. You’re told what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Goals are unattainable so incentive is impossible to attain. Branches are short staffed because everyone is leaving. Not really a credit union more like a bank. And the technology does not exist here. Old outdated systems that don’t work.
Pros
Working with tech companies like Microsoft, Google and amazon
Cons
Technology, management, incentive
Feel like a family
Mortgage Operations Processor II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 28, 2018
Love working at FTFCU and a lot of room for advancement . FTFCU making me feel like I am apart of family. If not because relocation, I would still work at First Tech.
Great Place to be yourself
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Too much micro management and obtaining different answers from different people. Salary is low for the amount of work they want you to do.Call center is very stressful job
I LOVE Working here!
Senior Loan Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 26, 2017
I am proud to be part of the First Tech Family! The opportunities are endless. The support I get from senior management is amazing and I truly feel they encourage me to push forward towards my goals! When the CEO knows you by name you know you’re at a company that truly cares.
Poor management
NA (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 20, 2017
The benefits are good, but management is terrible. There is little strategy which results in little prioritization and pet projects for executive team members.
Productive fun place with ping pong table
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 15, 2017
I admire First Tech Credit Union
I admire the company for their work ethic and intense training
The workplace was welcoming , i came to work knowing i would be surrounded by positive energy
I have gained alot of banking experience here at first tech but most importantly i have gained a skill , Empathy
It was a great place to work
Dealer Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2017
Great leadership and products. The job created excellent flexibility for me to also focus on other emerging opportunities.The workplace culture I feel was cutting edge.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
There was none.
Great work. Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 17, 2017
I really loved the job itself. It was a great credit union who is ahead of it's time in the world of technology in banking. The management there was awful. Rude, unprofessional and played favorites. Their training methods are also sub par.
Pros
Great job
Great Company
Payment Services Associate II (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 4, 2017
I loved working for First Tech. I learned so much as they are very patient and always have the opportunity for advancement. The managers in Payment Services were wonderful and if I have the chance would love to work for them again.
My Review
Consumer Lending Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 29, 2017
This credit union has the right idea for member engagement and some great people working there. There is a lot of potential to become a great force in the financial arena.
Best place I've ever worked
Temporary Collections Admin (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 17, 2017
This was the best 14 months of my personal and professional career. It was only a 6 month contract that was extended to 14 months. I have almost nothing bad to say about working here with exception to some managers that micro-manage. They gave me a chance with no banking experience and went to bat for me and tried to get me on full-time. There wasn't anything available for me in my department so I didn't get to stay but it was an awesome learning experience.
Pros
Great Pay, good benefits, paid training and development hours, strong desire to give back to the community
Cons
Micro managing from some managers but otherwise, none.
Numbers driven and micro managing environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 7, 2017
First Tech is a good place to work for as long as you are not located in the Contact Center. The Contact Center has 3 departments. 2 of the 3 departments are overly micro managed to where it becomes a stressful and low moral environment.
Pros
close to a lot of eating locations
Cons
micro managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Tech Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight