First Transit Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good environment to gain experience in the transportation industry.
Data Entry Lead, Duties (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202May 21, 2018
I enjoyed my 4+ years at First Transit. Gained valuable knowledge of the transportation industry & really appreciated the opportunity to work overtime & change shifts when needed.
Benefits
Cons
Wages
Work Day
Customer Service Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2018
First Transit is poorly managed, get pay, lack organization, no team work, attitudes, cut-throat, and the head corp office treat you like trash. I would not recommend this job to anyone. Very stressful job which causes many health problems even some workers death.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Jobs are challenging as there not always the same hours each day. The people I worked with were fun to be around.
Bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Cuba, NYMay 21, 2018
Because I worked as a part time employee there were no job benefits unless I paid for them. . Because of my job as a monitor for pre-K Special Needs kids the hardest part was dealing with them when they were having a bad day. Wrestling them into their seats when they were fighting not to go into them was quite a challenge at times. The most enjoyable things were working with the kids when things were going well. I was teaching them manners helping with colors and proper grammer. They were fun, silly and and quite a handful all at the same time. Will miss them greatly.
Techs are cut trought no respect
Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 18, 2018
Management didn't have the thought or knowledge to investigate. Depended to much on his lead tech. To many promise no lack of communication between supervisor and manager..
Pros
Cons
Sucks manager
Great environment strong team.
Septa Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2018
Overall great team. My hours were change which it’s effecting my home as a single mother they our getting out of control.by the time I get off work at night it’s time for bed so I’m not spending the time that they need for
Homework and just bonding time. I honestly don’t want to leave but I also have to do what’s best for my children,
Very stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 15, 2018
Stressful,fast paced, threatening. Favoritism! Poor management, entitlement,poor working conditions. Poor layout of facilities. I would not recommend working for this company.
Great learning experience
DRS Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 6, 2018
This is an ok office to work for. Ive learned sometimes it the little things that can make you not love what you do. The benefits are ok could be better.
If you're all about the money
Metro Access Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
By all means treat yourself. there is endless over time available. there is no guarantee of a favorable schedule, but again ENDLESS OVERTIME. OCC will irritate you. Supervisor change, high turnover rate.
Ok place to work
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
It was an OK place to work. For the most part everyone was friendly and willing to help out. I loved the fact that i felt like I had purpose there. I loved driving more than dispatch
Productive Workplace
CSR - Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98104April 30, 2018
Good cause booking trips for disables and elderly. it can get stressful getting calls back to back. But there are some chills day. But that comes with any job.
not so professional workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILApril 27, 2018
job was easy and pay was okay could of been better very messy place to work for supervisors and management would gossip with coworkers that's why my employment was short there
fun place to work once you find your favorite clients.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
This job is very demanding. If you're lazy don't bother applying. You will have to strap down wheelchairs and deal with physically and mentally disable.
Fast paced public service position
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 18, 2018
If you enjoy the public and driving then its a great place for a single person to work! You are providing a service to the community each and every day. I does take commitment and is difficult to balance with a family life, but the atmosphere is fun and the people you work with are a blast!
Pros
Benefits are amazing, co-workers are great!
Cons
High stress.
Great location, challenging, opportunity to make a good work place a great work place.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawnside, NJApril 16, 2018
My experience at first transit is one of mixed views and emotions. First transit is comprised of many different companies that the parent company First Group has purchased. That is great for diversity however with acquiring those companies First Transit simply transfers those same cultures to a new operation and does not focus enough on instilling the core values of First Group at these new locations. First Group is a great organization but that greatness has to be funneled down throughout the ranks. Simply transplanting old practices and culture to new operations simply continues bad practices and strong holds. I truly believe that management development classes would go a long way within First Transit as an organization.
Pros
Diversity, relaxed working environment, good pay.
Cons
Benefits, organization, employee development
productive
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 16, 2018
fast paced work environment, ability to work independently, safety conscience atmosphere. strong route structure. ability to change work schedule as needed.
Pros
can work freely
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working with employees
General Manager of Call Center (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
Being employed with First Transit, I enjoyed being the Call Center Manager employees were respectful and hard working. I started at First Transit as a Supervisor and was promoted to Manager within a year.
poor managements
Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2018
its to much to say, on one page mostly you just gotta have the patience for rudeness disrespectful people, dealing with poor management union reps don't help & don't get sick they don't care, try to make you work more than your shift is required
Pros
poor management, poor union rep
Cons
okay pay
No good
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLApril 15, 2018
treatment like just a number on a page look for better jobs somewhere else no future always make promise make you feel good but never go anywhere go another job
Enjoyable relaxing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2018
I like the job, I like the people. Management at my facility is good. Management higher up is out of touch and demanding. Medical insurance and benefits are horrible. Split shift hours. Made more money on unemployment
Pros
Good people
Cons
Horrible benefits. split shift
pay sucks
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 11, 2018
The pay and benefits suck. Long hour and you are not appreciated.
You only get one break out of 13 hours. And company does not care about employees well being.
Pros
its a check
Cons
not come here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight