First Transit Employee Reviews

fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98104August 18, 2018
I learned alot from this job both personally and professionally. This is the longest time i have ever spent at one job which was really cool. I loved what I did. With every phone call you are helping someone, you are making a difference in someone elses life. It was very rewarding to work here, in this specific call center we made reservations for disabled and elder folks to be able to ride the public bus.
Not a good place to work.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2018
A lot of false things they tell you in orientation about how much you can make in tips. But there are no signs on the buses that indicate that people have to. Your pretty much fighting for tips as you work continuing to lift heavy luggage and people tip if they want.
Pros
Cons
Pay is terrible Very low morale
Not too bad/Not too good
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2018
There is room to make money. This place is unorganized, unprofessional a complete embarrassment to other companies. Don't stay in this place for too long.
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
In my role as a Para-transit Driver, it was inspiring. Because I had to transport those who were a physically and/or mentally impaired. I found work with those who are disabled to be very inspiring.
Pros
Being able to work independently
Very Busy & Crazy at times...
OCTA Safety & Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine,caAugust 13, 2018
Come in Drive & Go Home, Don't get tangles up in the Gossip & Drama...BBQ sometimes...if the Employees want to pay for them.
Really don't make sense.
A good job if you love to drive and you love the metro area!
Transit Driver for Disabled and Vulnerable Adults (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 10, 2018
Driving bus is enjoyable because I love to drive.
It can be a lonely job because you never get to know your fellow co-workers. You are always driving!
The clients are very challenging and interesting. They become a part of your life very easily.
The communication in this company is about the worse it can get. Management does not even know what is going on. There is a big disconnect between Metro Counsel and Metro Transit.
Not a High Stressful place
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 9, 2018
Position involved low stress levels, it was enjoyable to work with the job's clients, management was very supportive as well and helpful. Para-transit is a fun company, but more pay is needed. Buses of company are also old.
First Transit was a good place to work.
Dispatch/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
First Transit was a good place, it offered a stable workplace with a mix of great co-workers. Raises were offered at intervals, and new ideas were considered and sometimes used.
Pros
paid lunch.
Horrible place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 9, 2018
The place is full of drama, backstabbing, little pay,and just pure torture to be at daily. Management does not help much always short-staffed, constantly switching routes around to cover runs that there is no driver or monitor for.
Pros
See new people
Cons
Total Drama
First Transit is good
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
First Transit is a good company to work for they offer many training programs and classes to teach you what you need to know. The pay is not that great but it’s a great start up job.

Want to know more about First Transit?

Ask a question
Helpful managers
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 8, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with great employees. Community events for employees. Great training for employees and staff. Went on long company trips and completed work games
Hours vary with College Semesters & Breaks
Transit Bus Operations - NYS CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2018
Transit Equipment Varies, Runs are awarded Based on Seniority, Union oversight.
Schedule not consistent, as RUNS Are Based on Customer Needs.
Direct Deposit of Pay, bi-weekly.
Pros
College Setting Work Environment
Cons
Not Steady in the numbet of Hours Worked, on a regular basis.
Productive place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
Off Saturday and Sunday
Great pay
Nice laid back environment
Holidays off
Located in the suburban area of Illinois
Great management
Bad Company
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2018
The managers there are rude and very disrespectful and think they can talk down to its employees. Even the human resource department be in on the action. They use so much profanity you would think you're at a bar and not at work. The environment is very toxic and stressful and it's like a revolving door at that place. You might see a person one day and by next week they are gone. They also like to intimidate their employees like you don't have any rights.
This is not a good company to work for and you would think the higher ups would do way more pop ups to see what is really going on behind closed doors if you know what I mean.
Pros
Meeting new people, seeing new things
Cons
Salary, management, work conditions, job security
I would not recommend
Operations/Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 26, 2018
Hostile work environment, low pay I would like recommend this place of employment to anybody. Now I am just adding words to get this program to allow me to
Competitive workplace with a fast paced environment for learning
Certification Liaison (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 26, 2018
Great overall environment, wish I could have worked there longer. Team like personnel who helps each other work when the workload becomes strenuous. I learned a lot about customer service at this place of employment.
Pros
Location was great. Near multiple sites for public transportation
Cons
Judgemental employees.
Exciting place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 26, 2018
First Transit has a huge presence across the country, and the company is filled with people who truly care about both their employees and customers. The company continues to grow and add professionals to the team. It is a great team environment with everyone focused on a common goal.
Need to move out of fla to get paid better
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 25, 2018
I just want to move for here the pay is not well. Thay work the driver really bad out of you. I been with frist Transit almost 5 yrars no accident the hold time I been with this company part of me want to go to ATL Frist Transit in GA I fell like I can learn more there. Tp much favorite with people that works there with management.
I like the job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2018
I like the job because I like driving and that is all the job was doing driving people that are unable to transport them selves to desired destination.
Solid Workplace
MARKETING MANAGER / DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2018
First Transit is a typical corporate environment. The leadership has been in place for many years and they live by their corporate culture. Safety is always at the top of minds when it comes to First Transit.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight