First United Bank and Trust Employee Reviews

A good job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJune 6, 2018
alot of filing
the company does support those that work hard for them
can get stressfull at times
they try to keep everyone in the loop as to where the bank is going
Pros
company events
Not the worse..
Collections and Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 14, 2018
I love that I can engage in my faith at First United Bank. I do not like the middle management and lack of care or concern for the employees concerns and issues.
Just like high school
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKMarch 20, 2018
This is a fun place to work with fantastic benefits! It is a mans world. If you are women be prepared to stay where you are and some women are happy with that. But sometimes its only about the benefits.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
a mans world
Poor Management, Money driven, Poor training and communication
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 6, 2018
Sales/money driven with focus on sales only yet no training for them... it is up to operations to train them spending our time babysitting rather than doing our job.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Several
N/a
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDFebruary 23, 2018
The people you work with a great. With this job you have to be ready to work. It is a busy place with a lot of people coming in with different needs and you have to be ready to help.
Pros
paid vacations and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fub
Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 11, 2018
Good company but they don’t compensate like the rest of the market. The culture is great and my manager was good. However any raise or promotion was granted or denied by someone that doesn’t know what you do.
Good Place to Work
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKOctober 4, 2017
I have been doing mortgage lending for 17 years and this was one of the best places to work. The best part of the job is knowing you helped first time home buyers obtain a home. The hardest part of the job was getting someone qualified to purchase the home. After working for this company, it would be hard to work for another lending institution.
Pros
The best mortgage company to work for.
Daily Driver
Foreclosure / Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
First United Bank is a great company because they have strong goals and they live up to it. Family owned bank that believes in God first, Family second, Job third. The reason I am looking for new opportunities is for career advancement. In my current area there is not a lot of room for advancement. But this is an all around great company to work for...
Its a good company
Teller (Former Employee) –  912 E IndependenceAugust 7, 2017
They are good people to work with and be around I learned a lot there. It's a good environment the coworker are nice and available when needed. The harshest hardest part is dealing with customers who are angry. The enjoyable parts are the customers and works that show understanding appreciation
Productive and relaxed work place
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 17, 2017
I loved First United Bank because of how much they really cared about their employees. It was a very great learning experience as I learned great responsibility, better leadership and customer service skills, and made many lifelong friends.
Pros
Great Co-Worker
First United Bank was a great place to start a career.
TELLER II (Former Employee) –  Sanger, TXJuly 3, 2017
I'm grateful to have developed so much experience with First United Bank. I learned a great deal of customer service and cash handling while I was there. In the absence of my supervisor, I was always left in charge. I have a diverse set of qualities and fast learner. I would fit in perfectly in any position that I'm offered.
Great Company, Management depends on location
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Wewoka, OKJune 2, 2017
First United Bank is a great company to work for and they have great purpose and values. However, like most jobs, the local management can be good or bad depending on location.
Mybank is not your bank
CEO (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDMay 1, 2017
No responsibility held for management to help resolve conflicts. I got cussed at, mocked, lied to, worked off the clock 100s of hours...Branch manager had relations with a teller which he bragged about.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 7, 2017
Good bosses, normal hours, great employees,good benefits and pay. Some room for advancement, extra benefits, good work environment, a great place to work
Good job with benefits for the area I reside.
Call Center Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MDOctober 4, 2015
Good job with health benefits, sick days, personal days and vacation, for the area I reside.
Supervisor is fair and easy to work with.
Pros
Paid sick days and vacation as earned.
Cons
Our office due to phone coverage, some days off can be challenging.
Stressful Work Place
BSA Specialist (Current Employee) –  DurantAugust 18, 2015
I have been at this bank for 8yrs and have had multiple supervisors due to being moved because of my job duties. I have never had the issues or complaints with my other supervisors as I have had with the current one. The atmosphere is very high school he said / she said and the HR department isn't here to help the employees with issue with their supervisors.

Before my current supervisor I loved my job and the people I worked with. I have performed the following duties in the 8yrs:

Item Processing - Ran T-9 Machine when bank was still on manual process, helped with the upgrade to electronic processing.

Teller Balancing - Balanced Teller Outages Daily

Gift/Travel Cards - Issued to branches, Balanced Account

Trained as Back Up for - Holds

CTR Processing
Pros
Gym at Bank
Cons
HR does not stand up for employees against supervisors; supervisors are vengful if reported against.
upward mobility
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 24, 2015
first united notices hard workers and there's room to move up. good opportunities. expectations for involvement may be a little high. good benefits. good coworkers. management is approachable and helpful.
Falsely Advertise a Family-Based Culture
Mortgage Government Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I was laid off after 8 months of dedicated work with no explanation. I was engaged with wedding plans and a deposit on a honeymoon to Hawaii. They preached a strong family-based culture, and it was a complete façade. I would never recommend working here for this reason. Also, the management was horrible. There were too many managers and very little communication.
Pros
Pay/Commission
Cons
Everything else
bad management, no communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDDecember 26, 2014
Customers are great, loved the job itself and my coworkers. my direct supervisor was awesome, but the upper management was awful. no communication, no guarantee of a lunch break,no chance for advancement.
Pros
good coworkers and customers
Cons
upper management
Stable workplace
Financial Services Corporate Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Durant, OklahomaNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work consists of reconciliations, appraisal invoice research, accounts payable, commission statement postings, review of GL accounts. I have learned mortgage/financial services accounting. The management team is open to suggestions and willing to make changes for a better working environment. My co-workers are great to work with. The most time consuming part of my job would be researching appraisal invoices. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First United Bank and Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

First United Bank and Trust Reviews by Location