First United Bank Employee Reviews

a typical day
Teller/Book keeping (Former Employee) –  Lamesa, TXMay 22, 2019
We pretty much had the same customers each day. We would just cash checks, make money orders, open accounts, balance at the end of the day and count money.
Terrible Pay
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 22, 2019
The companies slogan is "empowering others to Spend Life Wisely". Ironically enough the pay is so noncompetitive and low that the wisest decision is to leave. They do a good job of promoting from within because anyone else in the industry is making SIGNIFICANTLY more money and would be an absolute fool to come to this company.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Horrendous compensation
Had an excellent mentor. Learned the skills need to become a bank CEO
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMarch 29, 2019
Great boss, and best mentor I have ever had the privilege to work with. Small organization, and decisions were often made on the spot. Complete trust between team members.
Pros
Great team and personell. Allvery skilled in their respective duties.
Cons
CEO was never going to retire despite a communicated time frame for doing so.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKMarch 14, 2019
I was a full time teller . Assisted customers with banking issues, answered phones, ordered money, balanced my drawer and the vault and ATM daily sent faxes.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
stressful
ITM Teller (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 28, 2019
It's a very positive environment and has great employee benefits. Great job to work as a student and plenty of opportunities to move up. I would recommend working here.
High pased and stressfull
Admin Clerk and Teller (Former Employee) –  Dimmitt, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Constrained, As a teller, ATM, Vault, Bookkeeping, and credit.
High-stress level
High passed
Multi-task
customer service
Training and test every year
Weekly meetings within branch
Pros
Health care and 401K
Cons
short brakes or no brake depended on busy days
Avoid Amarillo
Vice President Lending (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Senior Management is dysfunctional. Management by bullying. Management believes humiliation is motivation. There is a reason turnover among officers and credit analysts is high. Management has to look outside Amarillo for employees. Inside Amarillo, company has a poor reputation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Good company with great benefits and opportunity for growth, I would recommend this company to any one seeking full time employment with a comapany that is growing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
location
Bookkeeping Department
ACH Clerk ll (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 6, 2019
I truly loved/love the people that I worked with, with the exception of the new manager and he was one of the worst! He is no longer with First United Bank, which is a good thing for the current employees.
Pros
Paid insurance for employee, paid vacation/sick time, Federal holidays, hours, and of course the employees
Cons
One bad apple in management.
RELATIONSHIP BANKER I FLOATER (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXDecember 19, 2018
A day at First United United goes by so quick because you are always on the go. Great people to work with and for. You'll see quite a few customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Great family like environment
Cons
hours
Unorganized
IT TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 3, 2018
I described it to my co-workers as a fire drill everyday. Total lack of leadership. Patches and upgrades sent out all the time with no testing and then we had to figure out why they didn't work.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
LOTS of overtime
Familiar atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTNovember 16, 2018
Banking is what most of my work experience is based on so what was expected of me was familiar. Easy to learn and understand and follow instructions. Not very challenging.
Pros
Not difficult work to learn
Cons
Some employees could be intense
good place to work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 10, 2018
This is a good place to work. The people I worked with were wonderful, and I learned a lot. Really enjoyed pretty much most things about the job. It is a good company to work for
Pros
working with people, learning new things
Cons
none to really mention
Good place to work but the Texas locations need some improvement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 30, 2018
I had bank with 1st United for about 5 years I was excited to finally be able to get to work with the company they originally located out of Oklahoma and these are the branches that I have been used to dealing with however a few years together they acquired American bank of Texas and so they have been slowly trying to transition the culture of American bank of Texas to the way of life at 1st United I don't feel like the management team at the branches that word American bank of Texas have completely embrace the culture that 1st United is trying to Foster.
Great place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Holdenville, OKAugust 20, 2018
I loved working for FUB. The supervisors were knowledgeable and helpful. The other tellers were more than willing to help me out and I couldn’t imagine a better work environment.
Good for full time, not so much for part time
Part Time Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 27, 2018
As a part time employee I didn’t matter. PTO and sick time does not start accruing until after a year of service and you are made to work 6 days a week. You are not allowed to take unpaid time without repercussions. I loved my immediate supervisor, however the new manager made everything so corporate. We used to be a small town bank. Not anymore. Everyone is treated like they’re criminals and can’t be trusted. Not a family friendly place of employment. The “five pillars” are not actually applied, just there to look good from the outside. Nobody cares if your child or family is sick.
Pros
Secure checking
Cons
No benefits for part time
Corporate is great, management at the local level is terrible.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 4, 2018
The corporation itself is great. They have fantastic values, and provide for their employees in benefits. The pay is average, but not up to par with the cost of living in the area. Local branch management is terrible. The operations manager in the Seminole branch cares more about not irritating her New Accounts associate than taking care of her tellers. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism in this branch. The tellers stick together for the most past. The job is fast paced, and will keep you busy all day.
Pros
Great core values, Benefits, Insurance
Cons
Local management needs to change.
Item Processing Clerk Review
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 30, 2018
Very relaxed workplace with an excellent, understanding supervisor. Some times extra time is required of you at night, but not often. Overall great place to work.
Management is conservative
SBA LOAN DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 24, 2018
Management is conservative and political and it is difficult to not let that be a issue. Much of the staff is difficult to get along with and contrary.
Well..
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 21, 2018
We merged with FUB in November 2016. We were not properly trained in all aspects of our job, even after 1.5 years as FUB. When policy or procedure changes were made, we were not notified, unless we did something wrong but didn't know it was wrong.
Benefits
Cons
Bad communication, lack of training