FIRST UNITED BANK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good for full time, not so much for part time
Part Time Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 27, 2018
As a part time employee I didn’t matter. PTO and sick time does not start accruing until after a year of service and you are made to work 6 days a week. You are not allowed to take unpaid time without repercussions. I loved my immediate supervisor, however the new manager made everything so corporate. We used to be a small town bank. Not anymore. Everyone is treated like they’re criminals and can’t be trusted. Not a family friendly place of employment. The “five pillars” are not actually applied, just there to look good from the outside. Nobody cares if your child or family is sick.
Pros
Secure checking
Cons
No benefits for part time
Corporate is great, management at the local level is terrible.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 4, 2018
The corporation itself is great. They have fantastic values, and provide for their employees in benefits. The pay is average, but not up to par with the cost of living in the area. Local branch management is terrible. The operations manager in the Seminole branch cares more about not irritating her New Accounts associate than taking care of her tellers. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism in this branch. The tellers stick together for the most past. The job is fast paced, and will keep you busy all day.
Pros
Great core values, Benefits, Insurance
Cons
Local management needs to change.
Item Processing Clerk Review
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 30, 2018
Very relaxed workplace with an excellent, understanding supervisor. Some times extra time is required of you at night, but not often. Overall great place to work.
Well..
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 21, 2018
We merged with FUB in November 2016. We were not properly trained in all aspects of our job, even after 1.5 years as FUB. When policy or procedure changes were made, we were not notified, unless we did something wrong but didn't know it was wrong.
Benefits
Cons
Bad communication, lack of training
Great Company
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 1, 2018
First United Bank Mortgage lives true to their values, that the order of life should be God, Family, then Work. Great company and well managed, the opportunity for growth there was abundant.
Great company to work and amazing executives
Executive Special Projects Intern (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKApril 15, 2018
Great company to work and amazing executives. They were very friendly, easy to talk to, and always willing to help you. Everyone was very personable and not only cared about you, but your family as well. The company is centered around helping employees and customers improve their overall well-being, including their relationship with God.
Pros
Many opportunities for professional development
First United Bank is a good place to work.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKApril 8, 2018
A typical workday is fast pace. Management is good and the company is family oriented. The hardest part of the job was writing reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Pros
401 K matched employee contributions
Cons
The pay was not up to industry standards.
First United / A good place to work.
CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Durant OklahomaMarch 20, 2018
My typical day at work is answering customer calls and helping the customers sort out their issues with their accounts. I also help get the customers to the appropriate department if I can not help them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No enough pay
First United Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, KYMarch 10, 2018
Good place to work. Good people to work for. I learned a lot. Coworkers were great friends. Good benefits and good pay. Good work culture and enjoyable place to work.
Bank is managed by normal, practical people. That's a good thing.
Senior Vice President, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lamesa, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Meet with staff members and existing and new bank prospects. Be visable to build a positive impression for First United Bank in the community. Help other staff members with any aspect of the daily routine.
Pros
Everybody cares about each other
Cons
Vacation time

Want to know more about FIRST UNITED BANK?

Ask a question
A great place to work at.
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seagraves, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Worked with the best boss and co-workers. I was able to apply all my skills and was valued for my qualifications. The benefits were very good and hard to leave behind.
Credit Risk Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at First United Bank. My internship was an excellent learning opportunity, and was incredibly beneficial to my professional development. Their internship program was well-organized, and was managed very well.
Old bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at this bank. I met a lot of very nice coworkers and customers. Bookkeeping was my favorite position. I liked the challenge of balancing accounts.
Pros
Friends
Cons
No longer there
Good job
Full Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 26, 2017
I enjoy getting to interact with customers and help them with their banking needs. It gives me the opportunity to learn and broaden my knowledge as well as use my customer service skills.
Workplace review
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKNovember 9, 2017
I only worked there for a brief period of time. While I was there I really enjoyed it. I was a pleasure being able to help serve people with their needs.
Most Toxic Environment I Have Ever Been In
Loan Officer/Processor (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKOctober 20, 2017
Toxic does not begin to describe the no-concern for rules, good ole boy atmosphere in this company. Disgusting, do what you can to the customer as long as they don't figure it out - unbelievable. There are some really great people that work for this company, but I cannot understand their motivation to stay.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Constant changing rules or lack thereof, lack of integrity
Organization that underwent huge changes
Credit Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 15, 2017
As a whole, First United Bank is a good company to work for, there are just some less than satisfactory department, along with managers. Learned a lot when I was given the opportunity, but not everyday was like that. Went through 3 managers in the course of a year and it was not an enjoyable experience towards the end. This company pays a bit lower than average because they are based out of Durant, Oklahoma.
Oversll good place to work
SVP Business Development (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXSeptember 14, 2017
overall great place to work, company provides excellent benefits! Company culture is excellent, the family that owns the company seems to really care about their employees. The only negative is that their is not much room for advancement and Management is very aloof.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much support from management.
Toxic environment
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 4, 2017
Made great advancements. And then new management occurred and it took a turn for the worst. The pay could be better. Especially with all the extra work you will be made to do.
Good company
Commercal Lender (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 18, 2017
Good company, strong management team. Great work environment with high caliber people. Decisions made at the local level. Easy to get a good deal done.