First United Bank Pay & Benefits reviews

Terrible Pay
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 22, 2019
The companies slogan is "empowering others to Spend Life Wisely". Ironically enough the pay is so noncompetitive and low that the wisest decision is to leave. They do a good job of promoting from within because anyone else in the industry is making SIGNIFICANTLY more money and would be an absolute fool to come to this company.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Horrendous compensation
ITM Teller (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 28, 2019
It's a very positive environment and has great employee benefits. Great job to work as a student and plenty of opportunities to move up. I would recommend working here.
High pased and stressfull
Admin Clerk and Teller (Former Employee) –  Dimmitt, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Constrained, As a teller, ATM, Vault, Bookkeeping, and credit.
High-stress level
High passed
Multi-task
customer service
Training and test every year
Weekly meetings within branch
Pros
Health care and 401K
Cons
short brakes or no brake depended on busy days
Avoid Amarillo
Vice President Lending (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Senior Management is dysfunctional. Management by bullying. Management believes humiliation is motivation. There is a reason turnover among officers and credit analysts is high. Management has to look outside Amarillo for employees. Inside Amarillo, company has a poor reputation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Good company with great benefits and opportunity for growth, I would recommend this company to any one seeking full time employment with a comapany that is growing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
location
Bookkeeping Department
ACH Clerk ll (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 6, 2019
I truly loved/love the people that I worked with, with the exception of the new manager and he was one of the worst! He is no longer with First United Bank, which is a good thing for the current employees.
Pros
Paid insurance for employee, paid vacation/sick time, Federal holidays, hours, and of course the employees
Cons
One bad apple in management.
Good for full time, not so much for part time
Part Time Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 27, 2018
As a part time employee I didn’t matter. PTO and sick time does not start accruing until after a year of service and you are made to work 6 days a week. You are not allowed to take unpaid time without repercussions. I loved my immediate supervisor, however the new manager made everything so corporate. We used to be a small town bank. Not anymore. Everyone is treated like they’re criminals and can’t be trusted. Not a family friendly place of employment. The “five pillars” are not actually applied, just there to look good from the outside. Nobody cares if your child or family is sick.
Pros
Secure checking
Cons
No benefits for part time
Corporate is great, management at the local level is terrible.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 4, 2018
The corporation itself is great. They have fantastic values, and provide for their employees in benefits. The pay is average, but not up to par with the cost of living in the area. Local branch management is terrible. The operations manager in the Seminole branch cares more about not irritating her New Accounts associate than taking care of her tellers. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism in this branch. The tellers stick together for the most past. The job is fast paced, and will keep you busy all day.
Pros
Great core values, Benefits, Insurance
Cons
Local management needs to change.
Well..
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 21, 2018
We merged with FUB in November 2016. We were not properly trained in all aspects of our job, even after 1.5 years as FUB. When policy or procedure changes were made, we were not notified, unless we did something wrong but didn't know it was wrong.
Benefits
Cons
Bad communication, lack of training
First United Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, KYMarch 10, 2018
Good place to work. Good people to work for. I learned a lot. Coworkers were great friends. Good benefits and good pay. Good work culture and enjoyable place to work.
A great place to work at.
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seagraves, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Worked with the best boss and co-workers. I was able to apply all my skills and was valued for my qualifications. The benefits were very good and hard to leave behind.
Organization that underwent huge changes
Credit Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 15, 2017
As a whole, First United Bank is a good company to work for, there are just some less than satisfactory department, along with managers. Learned a lot when I was given the opportunity, but not everyday was like that. Went through 3 managers in the course of a year and it was not an enjoyable experience towards the end. This company pays a bit lower than average because they are based out of Durant, Oklahoma.
Oversll good place to work
SVP Business Development (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXSeptember 14, 2017
overall great place to work, company provides excellent benefits! Company culture is excellent, the family that owns the company seems to really care about their employees. The only negative is that their is not much room for advancement and Management is very aloof.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much support from management.
Decent place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 3, 2017
First United Bank is a decent place to work. They definitely do not pay their employees what they are worth. It is a growing company so the potential for growth is there however if you are good in the area you are currently in they make it very hard for you to leave that area of work.
Pros
guranteed semi-annual bonus
Cons
they like to overload you with work.
Relaxing Atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seagraves, TXJuly 7, 2017
My day would begin by opening up the vault, getting my cash box out and prepping for the day. I would get the deposits out of the drop deposit box and take care of those. Take care of customers throughout the day through the drive-in teller window. I would help out in the lobby some as well. File checks for booking and answer the phone as needed.
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
low salary
Good company
Senior Banker (Current Employee) –  Purcell, OKMay 4, 2017
Never had a strong manager. Company won't write anyone up. Pay was decent. Benefits were really good. The company cared about the employees which was a nice change.
benefits
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYOctober 12, 2016
Good place to work, privately owned by investors so they were able to make decisions there. Good hours and working conditions . Management was great to work for , vacations good
Pros
Hours and workdays
Cons
Work could be stressful
Family Group of People
Loan Imaging Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 23, 2016
The office staff was like family.I was always so grateful to be surrounded by management who understood the importance of family needs. This was a very low stress work environment. I always enjoyed the holiday events that were furnished by the company that allowed us all to become very close as a team and a family.
Pros
family oriented management, steady paced work flow, friendly staff
Cons
low compensation
God First, Family Second, Work third. They state it but do not practice it
Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 14, 2015
High turn over, poor training. Depends on the division and location. There are a few professional leaders that do lead by example however in several divisions management is hostile by not only degrading their employees but clients and customers as well. No open door policy. If you end up in a hostile division....start looking elsewhere.

They do have some good features like healthy living, on site gym and healthy choices cafe. An open door policy and training services for employees would be helpful as well as training for Sr.Management wanting to run a boot camp.
Pros
Healthy lunches, on site gym
Cons
Sub quality insurance benefits, poor training
Current teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Durant, OklahomaMarch 17, 2015
Great Culture and strong leadership. First United seeks to better their customers through any aveune possible. On the teller line you can except to have long days and slow days.
Pros
semi-annual bonus
Cons
low hourly pay.