First Vehicle Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fleet Maintenance
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2018
Company doesnt train personnel properly, there was no Standard procedures and training for company set up program.
Overall conpany has a good benifit plan but the insurance and medical can be very expensive.
Pros
Paid
Cons
Lack of Training program for Manageent
Terrible Environment to Work In
no (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 17, 2018
Management allows a hostile environment to blossom and grow. The corporate management is ignorant and uncaring about location employees and what is happening in their shops. Harassment is not investigated by the HR department, the HR department is hard to reach and if you do, they don't respond to situations, they are there to protect the management, that's the reality. Do not go to work for this company, they seem great on the surface but are too involved in paperwork and processes for what looks good on paper, the main goal is not to get the work done. Do not be fooled, the benefits are okay, not great, they talk big but do not follow through on what they say.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work. The Town of Davie is our only customer. I was in charge of the day to day operations . I was to insure that all repairs of Police and Fire dept. equipment was repaired in a timely manner. I had 12 techs that worked at my base. Safety was a large part of my job. In the last 6 years we have had 0 lost days from any accident or workmans comp claims.
Pros
People
Cons
Upper mgr
Not for female Long Term
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2018
As a service writer I started in the emergency vehicle department and was getting a repore with the clients and then got transferred to public works and garbage and was doing good. When my year came to be I was let go so they didn't have to pay me my benefits.
Pros
Meetings for communications, lunch once a month
Cons
cut throat
Fast paced, safety oriented company
Location Manger (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, OHDecember 20, 2017
First group America is a great place to work. Unfortunately, contracts come and go so for me it has been a short lived career. A great company that cares about its employees
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 27, 2017
I worked at the Mount Pleasant, SC First Vehicle Services for almost 2 years. The duties of the job were numerous and kept me pretty busy. My coworkers were great and very helpful.
Pros
People
Cons
Management, Pay, and Benefits
Excellant company
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 7, 2017
Many opportunities, Fast paced leading edge maintenance minded company with UK based leadership. Open minded to new ideas. Continues to improve process, and services. Safety training is unique and excellent.
Pros
pay, benefits
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
Great company, management is helpful, but they leave you to manage and they do not micro manage you. They tend to come up with a lot of side work and you are pulled in many different directions. They sometimes seem more worried about having Lean Shops than the contract customers.
Pros
Great Work / Life balance
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work
Stable environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
Overall, it has been a great learning experience. Great team work and communication. The management and upper management make it easy to execute orders and establish positive relationships.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
Flucutating client demand
Great place, poor management
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
relaxed and fun environment, but management and customer interaction can get annoying to the point that its stressful to be pulled in all directions. lack of order.
Pros
you work in the park
Cons
customer and management interaction
Horrible workplace
Other (Current Employee) –  Optima, OKJune 19, 2017
Supervisor at optima always has attitude, and is always after someone, very unprofessional and a very depressing work environment, you will constantly be watching your back from him, beware if you decide to apply
Pros
Awesome Co workers
Cons
Horrible supervisor
Fun work place
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJune 15, 2017
Good hours and good benefits
Really enjoy it I do a lot of heavy equipment work i do a lot of there hydraulic and steering and suspension Cummins cat international Detroit
I work on a lot of there big trucks semi dump trucks and also do a lot of there ford diesel 6.0 7.3 6.4 6.7 motor
Pros
Good hours and nice benefits
Cons
Breaks to short
First Vehicle Services
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 9, 2017
Great place to work. Management and staff are great people to work with. Compensation is moderate. Would recommend this job to others who are looking for a job.
DC WASA CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2016
Company full of love and excitement room to grow. ,excellent benefits you will love working for them. pay raises are the best
Pros
people
Cons
n/a
“Worst Company I've Ever worked for, keep your sanity!”
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Reg 4November 30, 2016
After spending almost 6 Years as a GM, I am still shocked at that the President knowingly allows the RVP to act and govern in such an Unprofessional manner. The Maintenance manager is so far up the bum of the RVP that he actually wears the same clothing to impress the VP. Do not confide in the MM he is not on the side of the employee. The General managers in the region Have on multiple occasions contacted each other to perhaps collectively contact HR for help. In every case it was dropped in fear of reprisal.
I know personally, of three contracts that were lost because of bad management from the regional level.not the store level. However it was sold upstream as ground level problem and the GM was fired.
Its funny how long this has been going on without the President addressing it. He must be way out of touch with his regions or or maybe someone has photos on him? Not sure. My advice is Steer clear of this company as a Manager. They have -0- integrity. The will lie and throw you under the buss if they need a scapegoat and they will always need a scapegoat as long as they keep blowing contracts.
Pros
Reasonable pay, Still low for industry standards
Cons
Untrustworthy leadership, Underhandedness, No Corporate support
Great Company
Sr. Master Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dillon, CONovember 26, 2016
Work and company is great and love the area just need better leadership. We do it all here from generators to snow plows and light and heavy equipment.
N/a
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLNovember 16, 2015
The company is okay to work, it is job that can be hard at time. but i get through it. It can be fun at time when you talk with the depties.
i like the hours that work. i have time spend with my family.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short break for the work days
I enjoyed my job immensely but the company made it difficult
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 10, 2015
First vehicle services has a safety culture that is counter productive and their managers are very un helpful my tips for working here are to make sure you are friends with the manager or you could find your position being written out of a contract
lack equipment, but good work atmosphere- management clear goals
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, Paramount CaJune 26, 2015
On a good day a list of tasks/jobs that need attention-
easy access to parts to make repairs in a timely fashion
Learned first vehicle services system for ordering parts, inputting repair story on computer, became accustomed to doing fleet maintenance
Management was easy to get along with and had clear objectives most of the time. Co-workers were easy to get along with, only a very small percentage were difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was proximity to home when LEAVING work, clarity of job descriptions, making friends at work.
Pros
Learning fleet maintenance, good work atmosphere, health insurance available, but pricey
Cons
Working split shift in 2 locations-difficult commute in the morning
Worst company ever
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission,TexasMay 17, 2015
The General Manager leaves early everyday, the parts accounts are always on hold because they never pay the bill on time, and the office is always dirty, no one likes to clean after themselves. I was told this was the worst shop in the whole company after being hired by a manager.
Pros
Monday to Friday