First Watch Restaurants, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun environment with excellent staff
SERVER/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MONovember 16, 2018
I enjoy going to work and interacting with customers. The work day goes by quick because its such a fast paced job. The employees are great and its rewarding to talk to customers and families.
No Breaks Longer Shifts than expected
Busser (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43606October 30, 2018
The atmosphere is great other than the fact that it's very fast paced. You never really get a chance to take a break except when you ASK to go to the restroom. Bussing tables here left me in more pain than when I was lifting furniture. The shift ends at 2:30. I didn't get to to leave till about 4:30 everyday.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Expensive food, fast paced work
its been good working there
Server (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 29, 2018
I've been working there for the past 2 and half years... it's been good for me due to good tips and the hiuslrs are unlunlike other restraunts... also it allowed me to work on other things outside of work
Pros
good tips
Cons
no enough hours
The job was cool & sometimes tiring but overall I loved it
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2018
All Co-Workers & managers were awesome this was my best & favorite job I ever worked at I would recommend anyone to work there for any position I know anyone else would enjoy it.
Great place to work, boh team was the best I've ever worked with
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAOctober 24, 2018
Get into work and washed up, start prepping for the day before the customers arrive. EVeryone seemed happy to be there, there were practically no downsides
the customers were the best
Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the customers, they enjoyed the food and the service, this made it fun and satisfying. The managers were easy to get along with and the co workers were too.
It could have been better if management was better
Short Cook (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 20, 2018
This was a great experience until management don’t know how to treat every employee the same. There is a lot of favoritism towards the employees that has been there since it open. The company has great moral and has the potential to grow. The company has great food and pays well.
Pros
Great pay and great life work balance
Cons
Management too young and don’t understand the concept of keeping good employees
Good place to eat and work but low pay
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64116October 20, 2018
First Watch is a good place to work. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers and I got along with all of them. I was happy to be a part of First Watch while I worked there. I would work there again if I was paid a decent wage. Working at almost minimum wage is not worth it. The work is fast paced and requires moving around a lot. You should be able to lift plates, keep your area clean, prepare food, and do any other required cleaning jobs that you are asked to do.
Pros
Free Lunches, friendly workers
Cons
Low wage
Crocker Park
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WestlakeOctober 18, 2018
Absolutely positively the worst company I have ever encountered in my restaurant career. There is a new GM who is clueless not ready for the volume, we just got an assistant manager back that was always awful and they hired her back. The last Gm was promoted and the best part of fhAt is he doesn’t have to be there anymore. He has the personality of a rock. This company is so disorganized and quite honestly embarrassing to work at most of the time. I can’t wait til I’m done. Don’t do it!!!!!!
Pros
Full time day job
Cons
Everything else!!!!!!
Worst Restaurant Job Ever.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2018
I have worked in the restaurant industry for over twenty years and this is by far, the worst restaurant experience of my entire life. The management staff cares nothing about customer service or the employees. Do as you're told, keep your mouth shut, do not think for yourself, and obey, obey, obey. I have never had any job, in any field, where the managers micromanagement of employees was as severe and as totalitarian as it was here. I truly felt as if I were working in a dictatorship and every day I was scared I would be fired for something as trivial as placing a spoon facing the wrong direction on a plate. Question anything and face the firing squad. If you are thinking about getting a job here, my advice to you is run, run as fast and as far as you can in the opposite direction.
Pros
Not having to work nights or close opens.
Cons
The work environment, the culture, and the managers.
Fast paced environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2018
On your feet at all times, have to be fast paced & be able to carry items. Take orders, & maintain a clean table. Be atentive & responsible. Team work makes the dream work!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Weekends availability
well cared for
Kitchen Supervisor/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 5, 2018
the first watch restaraunt in downtown Fort Myers is a great place of work. very fast paced with alot of spanish language. i only speak english so it vas difficult at first but i worked with them on the communication and they worked with me. Has structure and a set way of doing what is needed to be done. everyone does things the exact same as the book.
Pros
clean
Cons
majority language (spanish)
Operations Managers
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 1, 2018
I absolutely love this company. The mission statement is what we live by. The company focuses on fresh product and food safety. Customers are highly satisfied before they leave. However, the work is outrageous. There are two managers per restaurant: the GM and the OM. you each work 80% in the kitchen and you get 1, maybe 2 host shifts a week. It's non stop work for 12-14 hours a day. The job is presented as fast paced and highly stressful with a majority of kitchen work for 60 hours a week. I can tell you from experience that 60 hours is the minimum, not the maximum.

The benefits are amazing: heathcare, dental, vision, 401K, tuituin reimbursement, 1 free meal a day and 2 weeks of paid vacation. No sick days, but they will give it to you if medically required.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Terrible work/life balance
Fair and Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2018
Customer service is your best friend, in or out of uniform. Colleagues were great except for one in particular that was a harassment. Pay was fun and fair.
Wrong place at the wrong time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Really enjoyed working here as a server but as a manager, between the stress level and hours, the pay just wasn’t enough incentive to continue my journey here. With new management teams, it’s harder to learn from others. Also, with new systems in place such as schoox and newgentek, it’s hard to find answers to questions because everyone is currently learning these systems. After spending 5 years with this company, I can tell you that it’s great money and great hours (as an hourly employee) and easy to stand behind their philosophies and culture if you’re open to the challenge but as for management...unfortunately the company is growing so rapidly they are missing the mark on proper training and seem more concerned with filling the open positions. Do not recommend to someone coming in brand new without prior restaurant management experience. Hope this helps future employees and the company to make better decisions in the future years. :)
Pros
2 free meals per day, 100% comp on days off as well
Cons
Long hours for management, little training
very fast paced, and not in control
Server (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 18, 2018
I worked at First Watch for two years and eight months, it was a fun environment with great co-workers. It was about an eight hour work shift and it was very fast paced. There was a few issues I saw with the company but nothing I could place my finger on. The hardest part of working there was keeping management happy. Their expectations were high and if you messed up than it was never good. I enjoyed my managers however and we had a good bond. I left because it was time to further my goals in career and in self.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
low annual earnings, stressful
Fun a
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 11, 2018
It was fun working there. The customers we're Pleasant. I like how they have healthy food. When you work there and you have to have teamwork. They close at 2 which is a plus.
Dishwashing, Teamwork, Great time
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2018
At First Watch I learned the basics of prepping food as well as working hard and together with my teammates to finish our workload for the day. The most enjoyable time of the day would be when I had to take water kegs to the front of the house.
Pros
discount foods. closes at 2:00 pm
Cons
no breaks
A shame it could have been a great job.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FlSeptember 10, 2018
My store has had 3 General Managers and hasn't even been open a year. I have been a Chef for almost 20 years and I should have seen that as a red flag. The work is easy. The hours are great! But the training is virtually non_exsistant. You may get trained for a couple hours. From this they expect you to be able to work as fast as the rest of the line. I am all for cross training. But they move you before you are even trained on the first position properly which was for me the third day. If they put a little time and effort into setting new people up for success, they wouldn't have such turn over. Only 2 cooks remain from their original staff. Such a great concept with great recipes. I hate to see the training structure bring it to ruin.
Pros
50 percent off you and a guest, No late nights
Cons
High expectations with little help learning, Very Stressful daily
Overall it’s a cool job but not something to do long term
Server (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Slightly racist environment. Ignorant general manager. Manager talks to the servers like we’re trash. Gossiping is at an all time high in this store. Favoritism definitely plays a big role in this company as well.
Pros
Tips are good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Watch Restaurants, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.