First Watch Restaurants, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced and team based
Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Most efficient restaurant setting I’ve worked in. Always something to do and always consistently preparing food, cooking, and cleaning. Fair compensation and good communication among staff
Pros
Set work schedule, closes at 2pm
Cons
Early mornings
Strong management and highly optimistic atmosphere
Busser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940February 16, 2019
Every day walking in I was greeted politely by everybody on the staff. Everyone was always uplifting and ready to work to get the job done the best way possible. If someone was having a bad day, each co-worker went out of their way to ensure the person in question would be okay to finish the job, and provided physical assistance as needed. The store was run extremely efficiently as every worker had their own set job every day including closing duties. There was a certain flexibility to the work needed to be done, as every body chipped in at different times of the day depending on how busy the day was to ensure we got out as early as possible. The hardest part of the job was maintaining energy and focus as it was physically demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive atmosphere, which helped in maintaining our energy.
Pros
Free food at the end of the day
Cons
No breaks or benefits
I love my job
Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 15, 2019
I love the people I work with but management could use some help. There’s a lot of favoritism at my particular location. It’s fast paced and hard work but the compensation makes up for it.
Great company but with low pay
Restaurant Busser (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 9, 2019
Great company to work for, although the pay is not that best and they do not provide the best hours. Management is good depending on the person and day.
Pros
Morning hours, fast paced
Cons
Working holidays
Good money, awful management
Server (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 6, 2019
Great money, competitive. You definitely are in control of your own money which I like. Coworkers are great, but management needs serious work. Co-owner is horrible, has driven almost all of his staff out. Great money suddenly doesn’t seem worth it with him around. Great food, great place to eat, not fun to work at.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Worst management
great food great hours
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Favoritism can be an issue sometimes causing employees that work hard and follow the rules to feel abused when senior staff has gotten away with some fire-able offenses.
Pros
no nights
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the over all experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 27, 2019
It was a very smooth running place. Everyone helped out and did their part. It was always a good environment to work in. Good was also delicious and money was good.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly
Cons
No benefits
fast paced, bustling workplace where you feel like a family
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
one free meal every day while training, employee discount, positive atmosphere, enjoyable work environment, free coffee during shift, friendly customers, dogs allowed on patio
Pros
discounts, benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
weekends mandatory, holidays hard to take off
Fun workplace environment with strong emphasis on teamwork
Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 22, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for FirstWatch. The expectation for their employees is so much higher than most restaurants. It is a fast-paced, collaborative job with little to no room for slacking off.
Sexist Management:
Busser (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 22, 2019
The manager at first watch was the worst manager i have ever had. Underpaying me but not the male bussers at this restaurant. I was promised an opportunity to grow and was never given one because in the managers words I'm not perfect enough. He frequently made sexist disgusting remarks to the servers. All around terrible time.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
My experiance
Server (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed working with my co workers and customers. It was an amazing job to get serving experience, my day would start at 8:00am and end around 3:30pm which left me the perfect time to go home and get to my next job, so the conveniency of working a night and day job was perfect aswell. I had created a large customer base who knew and loved me as I knew and loved having them in to eat definitely made this job more fun. All my co workers were very friendly and we all worked well together, something I love about working in this restaurant is that we are a team, we are all here to help one another to make everything run smooth, as of which first watch was always very good at training their employees in.
The most difficult aspect of the job was one out of three managers which at times made the job more of an unenjoyable experience for me however the other two in management were amazing and made my time better.
Pros
Co-workers, good money, and regular customers.
Cons
One of my managers
Fast paced work environment, working with highly skilled kitchen staff.
Black Hat (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 20, 2019
After two weeks of working there I had cross trained myself to be able to mostly hold down half the line. I catch on fast, after a month I was training on the helm position. I loved the kitchen staff we killed it every day. With only 8 of us holding down a First Watch kitchen. That's unheard of, fully staffed kitchens use 12 cooks per shift. Pearland Texas First Watch Grand opening crew.
Pros
Lots of hours, great bonuses
Cons
No breaks no matter how long your shift was, labor laws be damned.
Everybody got along
COOK/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2019
It was a nice place to manager's was real nice and cooks everybody got along real nice its a good place to work CEO was real nice always help when the cooks was short hand
Pros
No paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Worst Job I've Ever Had
"Cook" (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2019
Management is horrible and have no idea what their doing. You're basically seen as just another number because they know they can't keep anyone for more than a month. I signed up to be a cook but they stuck me on dish for weeks with little opportunities to advance. They say its because they need to train you but they never scheduled me for training. Absolute joke of a business. Managers are incompetent but are constantly looking down on you. The only redeeming quality is their great food but they don't even offer you a discount or the chance to try some food for free.
Fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 15, 2019
It was new and very fun to be around so many people while making money that same day in hand. As time went on I started to notice the managers intentions. Which weren't very good.
Worst management I’ve ever experienced anywhere.
Server (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Management doesn’t care at all about how you feel or what is fair as far as scheduling and how many tables you get. It’s all about who they are better “friends” with and who brings them more coffee. The one manager is an absolute joke. She is MISERABLE ALL THE TIME and always is talking bad about people. Not professional AT ALL!
Pros
Great hours, good food
Cons
A good way to get fast cash in a good environment usually
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76116January 6, 2019
I loved working there mainly because I loved the people, the customers, and my boss would get in the trenches with us. You get off work while it's still daylight outside and occasionally get holidays off. The hours were often flexible because our manager let us switch shifts and that helped us all a lot. I miss it! I made more money there a day having more fun than I have almost anywhere else so far.
Pros
50 percent off one entree every day you work, cash in hand every day if you're a server, and generally a friendly work environment.
Cons
Can be stressful especially if understaffed, some days the money isn't as good as other days, sometimes they're overstaffed and the hours are low.
Worst Company ever
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at alot of different types if restaurants, but this is by far the worst. The whole flow if the restaurant makes you work harder not smarter. Black aprons, who dont deserve it, run the restaurant. Management don't give care about anything. The only positive is great tips and hours
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work but be ready to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 19, 2018
I love working here and the hours are great! I still have time when I get off at 3/330 to do other things. You will definitely be put to work. There is never a time to stand around and do nothing. This is also a place that is based on teamwork. You will rely on your coworkers to work together to take care of all customers.
If you get lucky not to play hostess for awhile and get some tables you might have a good day
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
Cut throat lies people lie to move up not on performance basis and not cause the deserve I,it's who likes you and if you are a great server they will hate you for it.they will make sure you run food while you're tables sit without service there like volchers,you do all the hard work,the black aprons run the show instead of management and yes it is true they are text book right out of a cereal box manager some are so dirty and lie to your face.lie behind your back.money is not worth sell your soul and pride for.sorry to say but true.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything it would appear to be great place to work if you're a volcher.and have no soul

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Watch Restaurants, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.