FIRST WATCH RESTAURANTS, INC. Employee Reviews

Terrible general manager
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
The hardest workers are the ones who get treated the worst. If you're a slacker at fort worth then you got it made. General manager was not fit for her role. When it would get busy, she would scream and yell at us. She would let the slackers off scotch free but if you worked hard and something arised it was an issue. I'm not sure how the others one are but the location I worked at was busy but made you dread coming into work when this particular manager worked. I'm a single mom and she didn't care to run all over you yet didn't mind when I came in with 103 and the flu to work but had an issue when someone had car trouble. It would've been easier to be towed to work then to call in.
Pros
No nights
Cons
Poor management
Productive fast-paced work place.
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2018
First Watch is great place to work if your college student who needs a part-time job or if you are interested in getting into the restaurant industry. Its a friendly face-paced work environment with decent pay.
Pros
Discounted food, only morning shifts, good tips
Cons
No breaks
Best place to work in restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FLJuly 6, 2018
Cleanest and well maintained restaurant Ive worked in in 15 years. Great atmosphere. Not catty or dramatic employees. The hours were ideal, only open for breakfast and lunch so your work day is over by 3pm.
Pros
Early hours
Cons
Fast paced
Favorite job so far
Server (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJuly 6, 2018
Their system is designed for maximum success. It’s so simple. If you follow there steps of service it makes it so efficient. Tickets are handwritten which makes it so much easier and faster. You do enter them into to computer but it’s super quick and you don’t waste time going through a million options. I’m trying to get into management. I love the company.
Pros
Discount food, retail discounts, management cares about people
Cons
Be prepared to work very hard for little or no return
Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 29, 2018
It is essentially impossible to get all of the workload (prep before 11am) done while running the line (yes, you often are the only manager in the building half of the time an in the kitchen essentially by yourself while everyone else does prep) and controlling labor standards. (it is impossible to get the work done, make all of the guest happy, and achieve labor all at the same time). Inventory done every Sunday takes a long time and you often don’t get out until 8 PM and you’ve been there since 5 AM.
Pros
You learn a lot of new recipes
Cons
You go in at 5AM come home at 5 PM (if you’re lucky) and are completely exhausted
great
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 26, 2018
wonderful place to work, had a great time there, learned a lot, met a lot of wonderful people with great attitudes. everyone was very easy to get along with, and friendly.
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 25, 2018
This is a very good place to work. I enjoy working here. The management team members are very friendly and are willing to work to help you advance in the company.
Extremly high energy fast pace
Busser (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 24, 2018
Really hard and fast pace job alway's on your feet for 8 or more hours with no break at all thers not even a break room pay is good nut hours are really hars to get with all tje constant hireing
Pros
Pay, discounts on food
Cons
Hours, and extremly fast pace
This place is completely backwards.
Server (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJune 15, 2018
From pivot points to taking orders, this place has so many stipulations it’s hard to remember. They had their own abbreviations you HAD to use and remember, you couldn’t cross something off the ticket—you had to completely rewrite it. There was an aloha system that didn’t send tickets to the kitchen even though you entered them in. The ticket you wrote was to dictate the kitchens actions. The management was cut-throat and rude, also completely lazy. I could go on. I do not recommend this place at all. Beware.
Productive fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2018
Love it, there is a lot of ways you can improve your hours and a lot you can learn about the restaurant industry. I really have enjoyed my time there and would recommend.
Pros
good money, great people
Cons

Want to know more about FIRST WATCH RESTAURANTS, INC.?

Ask a question
I loved working for first watch...money, management and the houra
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2018
I extremely enjoyed it. I became a black apron there...which is a supervisor of servers and trainer of new servers . I would work in a first watch again.
It is a fun place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 10, 2018
Sometimes the days are fast sometimes the days are slow but most of the time I just zone out and get the job done I learned a lot of Team membership and better ways getting the job done at a fast pace
Great place to work/fun
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 5, 2018
It is a quick paced job but easy to learn the ins and outs of the company. Mangers are very friendly and company has an open door policy. Pay is very competitive
Loved it here!
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 4, 2018
I loved it here but want to work somewhere in my field and future goals.
It was a temporary job to begin with. The staff and management was great!!!!
Nights off
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLJune 4, 2018
That's the pitch! No nights but have to work weekends. Like pulling teeth to get weekends off. Great culture and great food! Work life to personal balance isn't always there with three kids of my own, don't get to see much sport activities.
Pros
no nights
Cons
long days
Fun environment
Hostess/Cashier/Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2018
I worked at First Watch for 3 years. It was a great company to work for. Flexible schedules, great management. I would recommend it to a friend. Corporate was great too.
Great Company that is Poorly Managed.
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30005May 29, 2018
First Watch is a great company that offers many benefits such as insurance, PTO, and tuition reimbursement. The hours are great and fit well into my schedule. I was able to form great relationships with most of my coworkers and my regular customers. The only reason I am leaving the company is due to poor management. The manager has no care for the restaurant, the employees, or the customers. These concerns have been brought to the general manager's attention and to the regional manager's attention multiple times and nothing has changed. The restaurant is slowly going downhill for the sole reason of poor management.
It's a frist
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 27, 2018
I have worked alot of jobs the key selling point of frist watch is the ability to get off at 2:30 which is not possible unless taken short cuts or leave work undone or risk getting yelled at or fired
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Low hours no weekends
Fastpaced and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2018
1st watch is a great place to work. I used to joke that I was the highest paid pancake delivery person in the state. The location I worked at was very busy all the time and I made great money. The downer is you have to work every Sunday and holiday, but the payoff is real.
First Watch review
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 24, 2018
I really liked the company it was the recent general manager who made it hard to be productive and advance. The company sold some good food and daily drinks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST WATCH RESTAURANTS, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.