FIRST WATCH Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical daytime cafe
Busser/Dishwasher/Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Management was fine, good workplace culture, stride for tidiness and fresh food. Good customers service and well-paid tips for the waitresses. Employee meals for discounted half along with one partner.
Pros
discount food
First Watch
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAMay 11, 2018
Fast paced, draining work environment. You must be able to work with others. The hours are good, and the pay is good but it can be extremely draining and feel like the only place you are ever at.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours
Cons
Extremely physically and mnetally draining
Fun and upbeat
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
I loved my job and the people i worked with. I have competitive wage and thrived. The environment and setting was located in an area i would not feel threatened or unsafe.
Pros
Money. Location
Cons
More selective when hiring
I enjoyed First Watch.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAApril 22, 2018
First Watch was a great place for a first job. The staff was friendly and the management was respectful. They were very helpful in teaching me the ropes.
First Watch
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Lower Merion, PAApril 19, 2018
Early morning at First Watch starts with a smile and coffee , my co workers and I set the restaurant up for another successful day with our guest . Excellent work hours
No management help
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
Structure of hierarchy was very top heavy a lot of executives comparative to store level management. Hard to get support for local store level and hiring of managers couldn't keep pace with expansion plans.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
lack of flexibility with hours.
Great company fun to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2018
Great food fast paced fresh ingredients and a great place to work for both managers and staff. Salary is low but the work hours are very favorable to quality of life
Strong work culture, great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2018
First Watch is a breakfast/lunch restaurant. Would arrive at work at 6 am with opening cook and would get kitchen/restaurant set up for service at 7 am. Maintain food quality, speed of service, and guest experience throughout shift.

Always a fun and positive place to work. Quality of employees was top notch. Very strong company culture from the President/CEO to the newest of team members. This made work fun.
Pros
Work atmosphere / food
Cons
Long work hours.
Workplace Culture
Cook/Busser (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLApril 9, 2018
The work place of First Watch was fast paced and well organized. On certain days we were super busy and did not stop to rest. The people are super friendly.
Pros
Great Place to work, Friendly Staff, Great Pay
Cons
Super Busy, Crazy Hours.
Great environment, terrible management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 8, 2018
i enjoyed working here for the most part, the management on the other hand was terrible. the restaurant itself is a great place, the environment with other servers was great but we lacked a great leader to lead.
Fast-paced, team focused, high energy
Server (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 7, 2018
I do not want to leave a review. This is a restaurant. Pretty typical restaurant culture. Management and above want you to succeed, but you have to put in the work.
Good Hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 27, 2018
Being off by 3;30 every day is amazing but this is by no means easy job. It is a verbal line with about 70% special orders so only for those with a keen memory. There are no breaks unless required by law and then good luck... there's just no time.
Pros
Close at 2:30
Cons
No breaks, expansion has created diluted management pool
It is wonderful
Head Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 22, 2018
I worked for a few years and It was very enjoyable. It was borderline fun. It definitely did not feel like a full time job. I would recomend anyone to work here.
closest thing to a fast food chain out there
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2018
Poor Company to work for. Horrible benefits. Horrible pay Great hours. Typical day consist of opening Mon-Wed by yourself and will close by yourself AS well. You will be scheduled in a position where you will function as an hourly for 10 hours till it is time to close then you will close the station you are working whether that be helm or cashier. It sucks upper management is not qualified to run a 7-11. No stability in the company. You are always looking over your shoulder and that's how they want it. Gorilla tactics.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unfair management
Dis (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAMarch 21, 2018
I been working here for some time now and I have to say that the management is bad. If your in back house you work 9-10 hours with no break or lunch break because pa labor laws doesn’t require them to and no matter if you get hungry they will not feed you as a prep or dish washer. But that’s what they expect while they eat in your face when they want. Then working as a prep and dish washer your always required to close here..they don’t rotate at all and everyone else leaves at 2:30 or 3 while your stuck closing working until 4 or 4:30 no matter who started after you. On the other hand their understanding when you need a day off and your personal life but that’s literally it. Then it’s a no smoke environment but management and all their buddies will take a break at times to do it. The pay is decent for a part time job but they just need to be better with fairness accountability and having some compassion of not treating others the way they don’t get treated or want to be treated.
Pros
Understanding of needing a day off
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced early hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
It was an overall decent place o work. It’s early in the am and can be a hostile line on weekend mornings. The pay is decent depending on where you live
its ok
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 9, 2018
some days are really busy . pay could be better. food is good.
management is nice. worst thing is when cooks bring all the dishes back at once. takes a while to catch up from load of dishes
Typical restaurant gig
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 23, 2018
It’s a typical resuturant work load, but actually the best restaurant I’ve worked at. Only open 7-2:30, no night shifts. Little to none grease that needs to be cleaned everyday, no fryers. Only con was the location I worked at gave me 50 cent raises in a years work. Adios.
Pros
No night shifts
Cons
Pay
awful managment
Sever (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2018
I work in the mandarin location and it is run by some of the worst managers I have had. My general manager gives little to no leadership at all. Most of the days he just worked in the kitchen and all the servers were forced to fend for them self up front with no direction at all. They are really bad at playing favorites, the same few workers get the best shifts every week and the rest have to do the closing shifts where you make the least amount of money. You will be lucky to get 3 serving shifts a week. The other shifts they will make you host and make $8 an hour. Its unfortunate because the customers who eat at First Watch are very nice and tip 20% frequently but the lack of management makes this job not worth it.
Pros
close at 2:30
Cons
long hours, awful management
first watch
Fast Track General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2018
good food good price everytime. The ravel is the hardest part, other than that the work is not to complicated but not to simple either. I enjoy their food