FirstBank Holding Company Employee Reviews

Not the worst job I've had but would not recommend
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 11, 2018
Advancement is slow here. The days are tedious and monotonous. Management likes to micro-manage and is often unfair in expectations. There are some positives: it's enjoyable building relationships with customers (although there are plenty of rude ones as well) and 2.5 days a week/holidays off. The days are long and your feet are going to kill you. Firstbank is also stuck in the stone-age so be ready to write until your hand is ready to fall off. Promotions come slow and it will be several years before you make enough to be considered a decent salary. Decent co-workers but certainly not the best and brightest.
Pros
PTO and Benefits immediately, free food occasionally
Cons
Unorganized training, overbearing management, pay
Would not recommend.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2018
I wouldn't recommend for anyone to work at First Bank as a teller. You get treated like a third class person. Managment is very bad. They prefer to hire young people without any prior work experience that don't mind to be pushed around. Very poor training and you get micromanaged all day long.
Pros
one whole day off during the week
Cons
long days, work on Saturdays, stand all day
stressful and unprofessional work place with good people
Online Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 9, 2018
work was always very stressful here. Management was never very diligent or professional. Training was probably the worst part of the working experience due to lack of knowledge on staffs behalf.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks, poor communication.
Great coworkers and comfortable wrking environment
Item Processor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 14, 2017
While working at first bank, everyone got along well and it was a nice clean office. We had occasional jean days, and we always had great office parties and fun Friday activities.
Have to to be friends with everyone or you are an outsider.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 4, 2017
If you aren't in the know. You wont last. It is very clicky. Some people enjoy that type of environment though. Very strict on small details. Cant mess up.
Great Workplace Culture in the Colorado Springs Market
Senior Teller Representative/New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2017
A typical day consists of helping customers while being on your feet the majority of the time. Co-workers soon become like family and it is a comfortable environment to work in everyday. The hardest part of the job for some may be how repetitive the job can get from day to day. Others may also find the long work days unnerving. Branch employees typically work 9 hour days with an hour lunch. (Making you gone from home 10 hours a day plus commute time) Branch employees do get 2.5 days off each week though.

Training here is laid out very well and you don't have that typical new job nervousness. They do not throw you right into work. A week is spent shadowing and then another week is spent in actual training classes in Lakewood, CO. Sales goals are pushed but you don't feel like you will lose your job if you have a few off months if you open accounts. Tellers have sales goals but they are not mandatory to meet.

FirstBank is generous with their paid time off to their employees. However, sick time is lumped collectively into PTO. Managers work very well with you to ensure that you get specific days off that you request. I never had to worry about taking time off. This bank also offers paid holidays for all employees. FirstBank has more recently been known to shut branches down an extra day or 2 around Christmas to give employees more time with their families while still paying employees for that time.

You are able to leave work at work and don't have to stress about the job at home.

FirstBank offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, holiday pay.
Pros
Employee Owned, Employee Stock pay out after 3 years of service, anniversary recognition, Pto, Training
Cons
Pay
Management is EXTREMELY bad
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 9, 2017
Management is EXTREMELY bad. They yell at you and disrespect you and don't want you to defend yourself nor speak up and then tell you to leave the company. Very poor communication and HUGE disrespect by uneducated supervisors who barely completed High school education. These people lead you and have the power to fire you!
Excellent Bank
Lead Branch Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 30, 2017
FirstBank Holding Company is a Colorado-based bank with branches in Colorado, California, and Arizona. A leader in the Banking industry, FirstBanks dedication to employees and customers is second to none.
Great company, growing rapidly
Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits. Good culture. Very professional environment. Not very flexible which makes it a little difficult to balance work and home life.
Great place to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 6, 2017
Firstbank is a great company to work for. All of the supervisors I have had so far have been great and I have been taught a lot. They promote from within so it's nice to know you can always move up.
Benefits
Poor management in Longmont
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 30, 2017
If you want to be belittled and bullied this is the place for you. Supervisors will talk about you in front of co workers and customers. The company paid to remodel the bank last year in Longmont but tellers are not allowed to sit the whole time they are working. Plan on standing for 9 hours a day. In addition to being a teller you have to clean the outside parking lot and do dishes at the end of the night.
Pros
Customers are great.
Cons
Micro management and favoritism.
Great company
Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 2, 2016
FirstBank is a great company with great benefits. The people are great to work with. The best part of the job were my customers who I got to know very well over the years.
Pros
Benefits, customers
Cons
This is the job for you if you like micromanagement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 26, 2015
Was a teller for a month only because the supervisors was micromanaging my every move. How can anyone do their job correctly without one of them breathing down your neck..I had an employee who worked with me and she knew I was being treated unfairly. When they stopped breathing down my neck for a second, I did my job so much better (making a customer open an account, doing my job normally, etc) She knew this and always gave the supervisors a weird look when they micromanaged my every move. I did nothing wrong only that I was "lacking" performance..HELLO how can I do my job well if FOUR supervisors are breathing down my neck all at once? You tell me. Do not work for the Golden, CO first bank, that's all.
Cons
Supervisors need adjustment.
A great place to work
Lead Branch Representative (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 1, 2013
First Bank offers great advancement oportunities. They promote from within so all the training is given to you. You get to meet people from all walks of life. The customers are really nice and you also grow a relationship with them.
great advancement
Lead Branch Representative (Former Employee) –  arvada, COJanuary 30, 2013
an overall great place to work. They promote from the inside so they teach you everything you need in order to advance. Everything is local so it is easy to get in contact with human resources. The staff has a variety of people from different walks of life. Customers are friendly and it has a home town feel where you get to know the people in your community. FirstBank also volunteers a lot in the community,