FirstHealth of the Carolinas Employee Reviews

bad managment
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 4, 2019
There is no advancement within this company if you are not in with management. The benefits keep costing more and what they cover keep being reduced.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
bad managment
productive place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamlet, NCFebruary 11, 2019
Enjoyable job with full time hours and benefits. Love the staff I work with. Able to move up in management. Was able to take educational classes to educate myself on up and coming medical information.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, pay
A great community hospital that provides excellent care but needs improvement in salary and work life balance
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 8, 2019
First Health is a good place to work but struggles in the area of salary especially for the information systems team. Lots of time spent in meetings. Work distribution could be handled more evenly among team members. I have enjoyed my time here and been given opportunities to advance my career.
Pros
ability to work remote
Cons
salary benefits package
Good place to work (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 4, 2019
Good benefits.good hours.love being with the people. The people was the best
If.you need to be off work they would work with you
Pros
All in all good place
Cons
Some people
Mixed opinions
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCNovember 15, 2018
The job itself is exciting and different each day. Interacting with patients and co-workers is what really makes it worth it. I just wish the management were on the same page. No more favoritism, please.
FirstHealth "cares for people", Foundation members, underserved, employees, communities, all
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 26, 2018
Stellar not-for-profit health care system, medically based fitness centers, care close to home in 17 counties of rural NC. 8:30a - 5p hours with flexible schedules for lunch, appointments, etc. Evening and weekend hours for events but comp time was provided.Department is non-patient care, but responds to media, disaster hot line, etc calls. Great, caring management
Pros
Benefits, salary, location, management
Cons
Strong personalities required in Corporate Communications career
A Job
IS Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 21, 2018
Beautiful part of the sate of North Carolina. Wonderful golf courses, decent restaurants, and quick access to Raleigh and South Carolina. Schools are marginal.
A good place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 19, 2018
I worked here as a phlebotomist, I got a lot of experience working here. It is a good place to work but can be stressful at times. They do offer good benefits but could use better management.
nice place to work
Precertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 1, 2018
i love my job but it is to far to drive everyday the people are great and everyone really cares about the patients and they all work together really well
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working for First Health and all of the great things I learned while working with them. I learned the Athena Computer system, Epic Comupter system, Management was great. Also, learned more about patient care. The hardest part of my job was all of the sick people but the most enjoyable part was helping all of the sick patients.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pay

Want to know more about FirstHealth of the Carolinas?

Ask a question
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCSeptember 20, 2018
FirstHealth was an awesome place to work. The really supported staff to advance in their jobs. They paid for me to get my CPC license and compensated me for that as well. The benefits were fantastic, management was supportive and just a great and fun place to work. You worked hard but you enjoyed it.
Good job
Patient Care Technician/CNA II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 28, 2018
This was a good job. helped me a lot. Sometimes management got in to the way of day to day work. There was a lot of "cliques" and this sometimes got in the way of work.
Advancement Opportunities
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCAugust 22, 2018
A typical day in my department is productive. I work in registration, and given the other co-workers depends on how great my night goes. In our department, there are many people who "play" many different roles-however it seems like the new hires are treated better than seasoned employees. The hardest part of the job is the interaction with sick/hurt people, and the lack of communication with nursing staff. Some nurses are wonderful, while others seem to feel that a registrar is on the bottom of the totem pole in this environment.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Only registrar after a certain time
Poor management/ and unprofessional in the environmental services department
Former housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCAugust 21, 2018
I would not recommend anyone work for the environmental service dept. The management is the worst, very unprofessional and backstabbing. Not treated fairly and lied on.
Pros
Cons
management
Friendly place to work
Casual Part-Time PSR (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJuly 19, 2018
People are kind and practice a team based approach to work. Each department is responsible for their own employees. As long as one does their job to their best they are treated fairly
Pros
Co-workers & Benefits
Cons
Part-time is not enough for living expenses
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJuly 18, 2018
I did housekeeping out there and hated it! I only lasted a month out there. The nurses and doctors think they are all made out of gold and turnt their noses up at you if you were below them! Didn't like the environment I was in at all so that was enough for me to leave.. They also talked about the patients once they leave which was so unprofessional..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too much to list
As long as you’re fine being a number, you’re good!
Director Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 13, 2018
Everyone is a number at FirstHealth. I was in administration for years and would hear senior leaders talk about eliminating positions like it was nothing. I made more money at FirstHealth than ever expected. They pay Assitant Directors and up great with huge annual bonuses. The bonuses for the C-Suite Administration is ridiculously high, however. Some of their bonuses are higher than the cafeteria and environmental services employees annual salaries.
Pros
Great salary and huge bonus for leadership
Cons
No matter what line of garbage you’re given, just know you’re only a warm body to administration.
FirstHealth is a closed culture. Most employees have lived nearby for years
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 12, 2018
Since FH is one of two large employers in Pinehurst, the salaries aren't competitive, unless you're a doctor. Hourly employees are hen pecked by more senior employees at the same level, as well as managers.

There are exercise facilities onsite, but you have to pay a monthly fee. There are no employee discounts.
Pros
It's clean.
Cons
If you're not a member of the board or a well known physician, forget about recognition or promotion.
job
2Neuro Med/Surg as RN (Former Employee) –  2NUJune 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the team I worked with. During tough days, we all came together and made it through a long 12 hour shift. Lots of team work. "No I in Team"
Great learning opportunity and great coworkers
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the difference I made in other people's lives. The people I worked with all seemed to have a common goal.