FirstHealth of the Carolinas
78Above average

FirstHealth of the Carolinas Employee Reviews

United States154 reviews
It’s a big place with multiple campuses each are different and have a different feel. Each floor has a different manager and overall feel, different way they schedule... this all matters.
But I enjoy working for first health. I have top rated coworkers.
FirstHealth felt like a home to me. The hospital overall is fairly small so you get to know everyone, depending on the shift. The different hospital locations allowed my department the flexibility to travel between hospital when needed. This added to the overall team bonding that took place and allowed us the opportunity to get to know others. FirstHealth has a wonderful culture that allows growth for all who desire it.
Pros
Great workplace overall, good benefits, respectable management
It was a great place to work. The hours were great and everyone that I worked with was very helpful. I would recommend if you are interested in a job her take it.
Leadership is very interactive with everyone! Staff at work all strive to assist in every aspect of the day's resposibilites helping others regardless if is not their responsibility. Awesome teamwork. Love the patients!
I have worked with First Health of the Carolina's and have worked with some of the most professional and talented people. I would recommend this company to all.
Be prepared to walk 8 to 12 miles a shift, deal with people who are sick and your customer service skills better be on point 100% of the time! Patient safety is the number one goal throughout the facility! Attitude and empathy will get you very far when dealing with your patients and your peers. It’s a good work environment!
I love my patients that keeps me motivated to come in to work everyday. You will start off at $9.32 an hour you only get 0.18 raise a year. Its not much. Management is okay I come to work and get paid and go home. I don't get involved what everybody got going on because its to much drama. He said or she said. One thing i do love about this job you can stay over or come in your day off if you want to. They wouldn't care. We have a huge turnover. A lot of people don't stay that long. Some management are rude and talk to people any kind of way. Some people might look at you stupid like you not good enough. But they do put new people throughout the whole building and expect them to know the unit or floor she working in. Some management will hold you back from going to other department to work in and now you become stuck into just doing housekeeping nothing else. You will move to other floors every day . And you feel like you're body is twice the much work. The position is mostly full time. And you get all the benefits. Lunch discounts is okay maybe couple cents off but its too expensive...
as big firsthealth of the Carolina they should pay there cna more money.the pay start like they come out cna school. you have people with 20 + year that out 10.00 dollar hour.you can live on they
Say goodbye to your social life and also your dignity, as this place is not only embarrassing to work for but, pays low with long hours. This workplace combined with management is horrifying. Not only will you encounter incompetent employees, the management does not care about anything except themselves and company funds. You are better off not having a job.
Second shift is worked way to hard for what the 10.00 we get. We are constantly left with 35-45 discharge rooms from 1rst shift. We are expected to do half of theirs and all of ours. Sometimes even doing some of 3rd shift responsibilities. Crothal should be removed as management for our department. No way should we be made to deal with non-first health management ever when we are first health employees. An outside company is only looking out for themselves and not us. It is obvious by how we are managed and treated. 10-15 rooms a night are averaged by 2nd shift evs workers, just on discharge rooms. This doesn't include the area people who may be required to do up to 5 discharges and their areas for the night. 1.00 more isn't nearly enough for the wage slavery that's being pulled over our department. Not only are we cleaning up behind the patients we are more so cleaning up behind the nurses that don't seem to care we have to haul 50 lbs worth of linen out of a room or pick up all their papers, trash or treatment materials off the floor and place into the trash can before we can even clean begin to clean up. 35 minutes is the golden time frame for cleaning a room. Believe its not enough time! we should be getting a 30 minute lunch and a 15 minute paid break. We are made to feel that the 15 minute break is by their permission. After 7-8 rooms you need a 15 minute break. I've had enough. Do not come here trust me.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Current Management, Pay, lack of breaks incomparison to work load for 2nd shift
Great place to work, my supervisor is great to work with, my coworkers are easy to work with, Fristheath of the Carolinas is a great place to work for.
Excellence overall everything’s wonderful. I couldn’t ask for better coworkers and I love the flexibly. My job is remote. I learn so much from others. I feel welcomed and appreciated
its a great place to work. Most managers are fair and communicate well/
there is lots of flexibility and places for advancement. Pay is pretty good and benefits are good
I love firsthealth. I have been with them for a few years, and it has always felt like home to me. The staff is wonderful and everyone works as a team.
First Health is the best job I’ve had. Pay and benefits are fair. Certain jobs have to ability to work remote. I could not ask for better job with more flexibility
You should work here. It is a great place. The management is supportive. As all North Carolina businesses the pay could reflect better our current cost of living.
They are always understaffed, racist,and they do not care about patients. For example, I found many times my patients soaked in urine and stool.So, they must have less nurses working in administration and more RNs working on the floor. That's my humble opinion
Was a great place to work. Just some people liked to start trouble and get things started between employees. But most of it was a good experience. Also had great insurance benefits
I would not suggest working for this company. They do not appreciate their CNA’s who are the back none of the hospital and do not pay them fair. I worked there 3 years and am currently only making $10.50 ( I started at $9.50) an hour where as the new CNA’s that just started are making $10.19 an hour.
Do your job to the best of your ability. Be professional. Treat patients like you would want your family members treated. Double check your paperwork.
Loved my job, co workers, and boss. Loved working with the community and in community events. Tuition assistance benefit was great and allowed me to finish my bachelors degree.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstHealth of the Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.