FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long hours little appreciation
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2018
Company does not reinforce its values although you have to read them everyday. Long hours so not a great work/life balance. Management would rather keep making excuses for mistakes instead of taking time to actually make changes. There are some good people and office atmosphere is friendly.
Great place to work!!
Property Inspector/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
I love FSR as a company! I can’t wait to see where I go with this company. I started at a property that I grew to love the residents and some staff. My manager is amazing and my RD is even better.
Overrated
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
Every since the company changed from the continental group, their attention to detail has suffered. The do not believe in promoting from within very often.
Office Structure Poor
Community Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
Training structure is very very poor. High turnover due to unsupported staff.
Management is not held accountable for making sure that staff is trained correctly.
Room for growth!!!
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
Front desk managers become familiar with residents and assist them with daily commands. Learned how to problems solve and about emergency procedures. Management is helpful and full of experience that helps the front desk prosper as a team. The culture pertains to the residential property; it can be professional or family oriented. The hardest part of the job is dealing with residents who are disappointed about something. However, it does not lasts very long. The most enjoyable part of the job is the resident's children and the gifts given at the end of the year.
Pros
Opportunity to grow.
Good but could be better
Front Desk Team Lead/Operations (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FL 33480July 11, 2018
I have worked for First Service for 2 years now and is what at first good but once I got promoted it just stopped and they were not there to help you. I felt as if they used me to benefit the property I worked at. The RD was very much like a roller coaster. One day she is happy and the next you are her worst enemy.
Pros
Paid Time off and Vacation decent pay
Cons
Two faced
Privileged to have worked here
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJuly 10, 2018
This company is the best in the country. They work from the bottom up to deliver the best experience for guests and residents. The benefits are outstanding and the pay is excellent. Great place to grow.
Pros
Safe company to grow & work/life balance
Cons
Focus on client excellent service
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 6, 2018
I learned to polish my customer service skills.Daily motivation to better service to customer. Open door policy with management to report and discussed any issue.
Chief Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
A lot of Preventative maintenance through out the building, cooling towers plumbing heating lights grounds around building.
Improved on my negotiation skills.
Management is easy considering I was in management myself,
At times it was very family oriented pot luck, Birthday celebrations.
Finding good hard working people, being called all hours of the night for non emergency, being called on vacation and even during a funeral.
Training people who had a drive to learn
Pros
Working with vendors
Cons
Being on call, even when on vacation
Not the same First Service it used to be...
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 3, 2018
Once upon a time this company was great to work for; different now though. Signed an offer letter, then they made me wait a month for another property
Pros
General benefits
Cons
Replaceable at any minute
No guidance or manager support
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 2, 2018
Company decided to take admins and the office administrator from my office leaving me at the front desk with no in house supervisor or admin backup when homeowners had questions or concerns to be addressed. Took on several of those responsibilities when the changes were made leaving to fend for myself. Worked 4 months in those stressful conditions being promised support for what my role in the office would have been transitioned to. Also was kept at the same rate of pay. Also had several personal issues that I used my PTO for and was held against me. I held that position for a year until they made the transition and was told "we just dont think you are a good fit".
benefits
Cons
didnt get 15 min breaks as required and my "scheduled" lunch was never on schedule
Not a good place to work
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
This corporation values themselves above all else. Management is not on your side, many long days with no reward, No staff in office, all outsourced.
Fast paced, with many challenges
RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2018
Great temporary job for experience, not for someone who wants to move up within a company. Does not provide tools for you to gain knowledge needed to grow within the company. Abundance of employees leads to the employees losing their value.
Good diverse place to work
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 28, 2018
Overall while working as an Assistant Community Manager, I found it rewarding. The have taught me a lot of new valuable skills and experience I can apply to my next job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Weekend hours, no extra bonuses/rewards.
Challenging, but lots of variety
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 27, 2018
Balance of life/work is very challenging, but the job provides a lot of variety. You work with a lot of personalities and need to be patient to work with all of them, as well as be organized and detail-oriented.
regular office job
Community Standards Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
typical office day job. lots of customer service. Data system input. Handle Homeowners' complaints, Handle Contractors' proposals. attend multiple meetings. ect.
Good opportunity to learn about community association management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 21, 2018
Good experience working with professionals experienced in community association management. A great opportunity to learn, work hard and advance in management.
Hectic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 21, 2018
they are always hectic, the employees are treated unfair they are never given the correct training. they want you be a robot and the management is always changing.
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
low pay and super hectic
bad management
Lodge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 20, 2018
the management was awful all around. there was not one upper level management i could go to for my needs, every situation was always complicated and was not discussed.
Worst company to work for.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
Management is the worst. They do not support their employees. Training is awful. My immediate director was a unorganized, did not follow through on items, talked about her team members, her customers and her supervisors. It was a terrible experience because of their disorganization, leadership and training.
Pros
Cons
Everything - leadership, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight