FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

I enjoy a full, productive work day
Licensed Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLNovember 13, 2018
I am a full time sited manager working for a 400 unit condominium association. I never know what my day will bring, whether it will be checking on a complaint of a water leak or a routine inspection of the property.
I will note anything I find on the property and create a work order for my maintenance staff.
I will take phone calls and visits from residents that require my attention, whether it is a work order, a parking pass or an answer to a general question.
I accept and process rental and resale applications as well as conduct the screening interviews.
I will meet with board members as they come into my office and assist them with anything the need assistance with.
Pros
Busy and am left to work by myself
Cons
No lunch breaks, no pay increases
Its a great place to work
Concierge/Security (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 13, 2018
I enjoy working in a great environment with the Residents,Community, Vendors. It helps me exceed customers expectations and uphold company values/goals. The scenery of the location is even great!
Pros
Enjoy working with my co worker and serving residents and vendors
Cons
I do not have enough hours
fun workplace great people
Courtesy Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2018
daily routine was pretty easy, walked grounds, check access points, make sure camera surveillance was running properly. Management was decent, always willing to work with employees for scheduling and special needs. Residents were easy to work with, kind and friendly. Hardest part of the job nothing really it was an easy job.
Excelente compañia pero con mal manager
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2018
Es una gran compañia pero si llegas a una propiedad con un mal manager como fue mi caso es una pesadilla total. No tiene conocimiento de nada y no resuelve nada. Te sientes perseguido todo el tiempo . Es maleducado y nunca saluda a los miembros del equipo. Que lástima
Pros
Seguro medico, pto, vacaciones
Cons
Encontrarse con un mal manager y que no tomen ninguna accion
I love working at FirstService
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 10, 2018
I love working at FirstService but as professional there is nothing wrong to look for better opportunity.
FirstService offers great opportunities for his managers to be successful,
Good Company
Front Desk Supervisor/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 10, 2018
Great competitive pay and benefits. This company does recognize great talent when they see it, and they help you reach your career goals. Within my first year there i became Assistant Property Manager and Front Desk Supervisor.
Very relaxed job
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 9, 2018
Love my job but only part time. It is a very relaxed job. Answering phone helping people with any problems questions or questions they may have .record all problems in a book for manager to read .
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
Not enough hours
Previous Call Center Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 7, 2018
I previously worked in the Dania Beach call center. I was a full-time employee from 2016-2017. I found a different full-time job closer to home with better benefits and for this reason, started working Part-Time for FirstService Residential. When the workload became too much (I was working 2 job, 7 days a week, 70-80 hours per week) I decided to leave FirstService Residential.

During my employment, I loved it there. The director, manager and supervisors in the Call Center were amazing! The call center management really makes an effort to make the environment fun, yet productive. My co-workers were all great (felt like family). The company provides great training which gets agents prepared to receive calls from homeowners, real estate agents, etc.

The company has locations throughout the US & Canada which, in my opinion, offers opportunities to advance and relocate.

The call center position isn't difficult work but definitely involves providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Fun employee activities and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Low pay and expensive benefits.
Working at FSR
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
The company does offer it's associates some good perks, and benefits. However they tend to put some employees on the backburner in their pursuit to gain new properties and contracts. They try to make sure they do events for the employees to relax, but sometimes don't secure enough auxiliary employment so employees can use vacation and p.t.o.
N/a
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 5, 2018
I still may need to interact with this company, therefore do not wish to comment more. No other comments.................................................................
Pros
Cons
will not elaborate
Great place to work.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
You will have all the help you need from management. you can always reach out to someone to help you. There is room for addvancement. You will be rewarded for hard work and dedication.
Pros
Empolyee of the month.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
If you are someone of color, need not apply
HOA Personnel (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
As the summary says, if you are someone of color, or a different ethnic background that does not fall in line with the stereotypical Trump America, you should't waste your time. I dealt with racist, bigot homeowner's who would consistently make disgusting racial remarks and comments about all races that weren't of the Fair Complexion. The community in which I served, was filled with perverted older gentleman that would attempt to make passes at younger female residents, as well as make lewd remarks and comments about them. The job in of itself was simple, yet the Companies supposedly innovated smartphone technology, would always fail, and consistently crashed throughout my time at First Service Residential. The office environment resembled that of a High school clique.Everyone is trying to, and or is successfully sleeping with one another. Numerous times was it made prevalent that Management had their favorites, their friends, and would continuously laugh, joke at the expense of other associates. I would not recommend this job to anyone looking for a serious career.
Capacity make all work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2018
I learning English I have capacity to make all Jobs customer service, files ,acounting ,package computer programa and other because the lenguage no full English is for that i working housekeeping full clean the building
Pros
Stability
Cons
Best salary
Great company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CAOctober 22, 2018
the only drawback was financial opportunity. I left for more money and regret doing so daily. The company provided good benefits, a good work environment and a positive environment.
Good job for a service-oriented couple.
BLDG/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 21, 2018
An ideal job; in most cases provides good benefits including housing & flexible work schedule. Ideal for a married couple nearing or at retirement. It's a good job if you're a 'people person' and detail oriented.

Certain times of the year are more stressful: annual spring maintenance or special projects and winter (depending on the snowfall amounts). Each building and/or HOA is different and has its own peculiar plus and minuses. But over all it was a good job.
Pros
Very good benefits, enjoy friendships with homeowner/residents
Cons
Dependent upon a good Supervisor, need good communication, wasn't trained in for position.
Good Company
CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2018
My experience with the company was great. so far everyone was nice and the job itself was not too difficult. My manager was also great. They are flexible with hours most of the time
Management Issues
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at my building but I was micromanaged by new management. My issue with the new management is that they did not support me versus the tenant when there was any tenant issue. Management sides with tenants and does not listen to staff.
Typical Day
Senior Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
A typical day is filled with the customer service aspect, dealing with contractors, vendors, and residents. Residents make work order request regarding their units and the general up keep of the building directing the public package deliveries from all the major couriers. Answering phone calling
Pros
Decent Healthcare, pay etc.
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 2, 2018
A typical day would begin at 7:45 to be prepared to take the phone calls that would begin calling in at 8:00AM and was constant until close of day at 5:00PM. The management was great to work for and made the workplace fun and friendly. You worked hard every day and it was difficult I felt to be able to provide great customer service because the workload was heavy to keep up with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Two miles from my home
Cons
Pay scale
Nice First job
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PA 18302September 29, 2018
Nice place to work however it is difficult to get the management to get items needed for job. Little to no shelter from elements and some of the guests are rude but over all nice place.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
no breaks, long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight