FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

very good
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2019
good environment and seriousness in the work. Professionals and serious in the attention to clients and workers
nice building
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2019
set up desk, read from night or day before to see if I needed to do anything, property manager was warm, caring, friendly, helpful and overall great boss, lovely residents, there was no hard part of job and most enjoyable part of the job was the fellow employees and people who came in and out all day.
Communication
Lifestyle Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 17, 2019
The communication with upper management is lacking, don't feel a sense of unity with coworkers. Broken promises and no follow through- took the wind out of being excited about the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Horrible
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 17, 2019
Run by thieves, they give mangers and high corporate employees exorbitant salaries to do nothing, The company drips of nepotism and encourages sycophantisim without promise of anything. They treat their employees like excrement and pay excrement as well. Each building is run like a little kingdom. They place a picture of high ranking executives on a board to be seen like Kim jong Yun. If you're an employee and call corporate for an issue be prepared to be treated badly.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Bad pay, no advancement unless you're related to someone
Great Company
Resident Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
Customer Service is a must, although this position is more security that concierge.
Get familiar with HOA rules and regulations.
The owners are nice, and not demanding .
The hardest part of the job is the property is high turnover of employees.
Ok Place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2019
I have no ill wills towards this place. I do however think that they should treat their employees in the blue collar workers section a little bit better because we are the face of the company. And I mean the concierge staff.
Pros
Work Lunches
Cons
No breaks
Excellent Place to Work
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2019
FirstService Residential is a fast paced and challenging environment that supports your career growth. There is always a new opportunity to learn and grow in whatever role you are in.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement; Company Culture
Great Co-workers, Great team
FRONT DESK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33432March 11, 2019
I would come in and sign into ADP to start the shift, get all updates from co-worker ending their shift, I would then lock all main doors in the building and go ahead and read the daily log to make sure I was up to date with the events during the previous shifts.
Great environment, residents were polite most of the time. Also, made sure to remind the morning crew of any additional tasks that were scheduled for them to take care when they arrived.
Everyone I worked with was easy going and friendly, we got along great in my opinion.

The time I worked there, I did my job to the best of my ability. I believe that I should of gotten at least $15.00 to $15.50 an hour since I was the only one there during my shift and had to make sure that I knew where everything was located in the building in case of an emergency and didn't have time to look into the manuals, as it did happen a few times. I had to show the Fire Dept. where certain rooms were located to also assisting EMS services and the Police Department. Among other situations.
Productive team to be apart of
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2019
I had the best work experience in my life, working for a property managing company. I enjoyed being professional, interacting with residents and guests on helping them with daily problems. Making reports, dealing with emails, reservations, packages etc and using my great customer service skills are things I truly enjoyed while working the front desk position.
Pros
Great job
Cons
No cons
very productive
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2019
excellent company to work and grow professionally, the manager I worked under was amazing very polite, and very professional, some one anybody would like to work for.
Pros
perfect work environment
Cons
Great opportunity for career growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2019
FSR was a great place to work for. They provided you with the tools to grow your career and gave opportunities to all employees. I would highly recommend to work for FSR.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Long work hours
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 1, 2019
Overall corporation was great. As in any place, it's the people that make it work and unfortunately there are many who still practice the art of manipulation
Productive and supportive work group
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2019
My typical day at work included numerous emails, meeting with staff and working with residents needing customer assistance. This was performed in a fast paced environment. My supervisors visited me on-site at will. I learned to provide extra assistance to residents who have complaints to avoid long term problems. The workplace culture was very good. It had a supportive team. The hardest part of the job can be helping Board members work together. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many people and working hard to assist them in managing the property.
Pros
Supportive Management
Don't walk. Run.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Horrible and expensive benefits. Terrible management. Favoritism and unfair work culture. Management doesn't care about the employees and regional managers don't oversee what property managers are or are not doing. There are plenty of better opportunities out there, but this isn't one of them!
Pros
There are benefits offered
Cons
Benefits expensive, lack of good management
building management for Condo
Building Manager/ Super (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Enjoy working for FirstService Residential, Very good company to work for. And the Property Managers are there for you to guide you with any issues that arise,
Pros
Great Pay
Love working in the IL Office
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2019
People and leadership are great! Exciting time to be working here. There are some great people in top leadership positions here who care about people and they're shaping this market to be even better. Love FirstService Illinois!
Management Horrible
Lead Concierge (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2019
The assistant manager at River Oaks was a horrible person to work for. She was not professional and does not know her job duties. The resdients were awesome.
Pros
Great Atmosphere and Residents
Cons
Horrible Management
Learn how to talk to people!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 1, 2019
The VP’s of this office treat their managers like there lower than dirt. Learn how to talk to people! These are the people that keep this office open and making money!
Managers don’t last or stay because they continue to go out on stress leave and the ones that stay are overloaded with dirt accounts. There is no organizational process between departments and the community managers are always to blame if another department doesn’t do there job! What! How does that make sense! And for those who are new, you cant park in the park lot, not because there is no parking but because they only allow their favorites! The pay doesn’t even pass minimum wage after you calculate all the time you put in. This office covers up all the dirt really good they don’t want the main office to know like Irvine. If you do come to this company be forewarned!
Pros
The community manager are god people .
Cons
The Vice Presidents are beyond unprofessional
Great culture and fast pace
Facilities Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2019
The employees here are great. They really care about the job and are genuine. The pace of the work is fast due to the amount of communities being served.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 27, 2019
Great company to work for. Management is wonderful. I have so many wonderful resources at our fingertips! There are great systems in process to make management of any community a breeze.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight