FirstService Residential
FirstService Residential Employee Review

Good Career, Promised Opportunities Never Materialized

March 2, 2017
Having worked with several residential management companies in the Los Angeles area, I have a high opinion of the company in general.

Great benefits package, vision package could be better, but the health and dental are great. 401k match

Was hired at a position it was agreed I was overqualified for with a verbal offer of quick and substantial advancement opportunities when hired. The position never seemed to be "open right now" long after the time frame I was told advancement would occur.

Had one extremely negative experience with a Manager here, no longer works for company--all other employees and Senior Management are great to work with/for.
Pros
Good Pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Don't see a lot of advancement from within
July 26, 2020
Same role
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) - Arlington, VA
Work was constantly changing. Nothing was ever completed on a timely matter because of 1 person. Never on the same page. Constantly being watch and and belittle when been spoken to like you are less than and racist remarks.
Pros
Lovely property
Cons
I person controling every decision.
June 30, 2020
Same role
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) - Murrieta, CA
I worked for this company for several years. While I saw the many growth opportunities there were, you had to be friends with someone in management or be in their "group." If you were not one of those people, good luck growing, good luck promoting, and good luck getting any sort of recognition despite all of your hard work and endless hours. I was privileged to work in various offices/facilities with the company. The culture is very toxic and management will talk you down until you leave but act so surprised and as the victim when you quit. If you join this company, be prepared to train yourself and always cover your butt.
August 22, 2020
Same location
Junior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) - Irvine, CA
Large work load low pay. Not enough training-Covid made it tough. It was hard to learn without all the tools and Covid made it harder when you have underlying conditions.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Not Enough Training & Supplies