FirstService Residential
FirstService Residential Employee Review

Do not work here. Seriously.

May 22, 2019
While I still work here, I am actively looking for something new. They do not pay squat. The managers are OK but their hands are tied for the most part. You have to accrue vacation or PTO time in order to take it unless you want to take unpaid time off. The benefits such as the health insurance are ridiculous Li expensive and have horrible deductibles. You do occasion only get scraps from meetings but don't count on it.
You get home owners thinking that you are actually their HOA when you are just the management company for the HOA. People think the louder they yell at us or insult us, the more we will bend over backwards for their accounts. Yeah, that's not happening. We are people too and have feelings. Do not move into a community that has an HOA if you have no interest in paying the dues. Just don't.

This is exactly why I'm looking for another job. If I want to be abused I would work in retail. Or stay here.
Pros
Laid back management
Cons
Being berated for other people's choices
April 16, 2020
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) - Dallas, TX
They treat their employees like cattle, the pay is sub par, gossip reigns, and your coworkers will stab you in the back, without blinking. And supervisors, hr, and upper management do not care. They are all about the almighty dollar. And when you give an honest answer, you are called rude. Pffft.
Benefits are horrible and expensive. If you want to be yelled at continuously, then this is for you.
March 24, 2020
General Manager (Former Employee) - Dallas, TX
My boss spent her time and energy "guarding her turf" form other company executives. Big lack of support!
Craziest setup I've ever experienced!!

way too much red tape,

It was like walking on eggshells; while in a hurry!!

big disappointment!
November 4, 2019
IT Support (Former Employee) - Dallas, TX
In my short time at FSR, I was consistently pulled in two directions opposite of each other regarding internal IT operations eventually leading to my dismissal for "lack of performance." The corporate IT department head attempted to install a presence into the Texas region with hopes of establishing procedures and policies any typical large corporation would have. From the beginning, the market president refused to consider, without argument, even the simplest task of replacing end of life equipment or keep any kind of inventory. She fought every single procurement request made and even directed order cancellations for spare inventories. The heart of the problem was a "friends with benefits" arrangement that the president had with her best friend. The best friend's company provided all IT support services and equipment as needed until this corporate IT directive came down causing them to lose money. FSR has an awful track record of firing people without cause and without notice. I was aware of at least 15 people who were fired without cause including an HR manager who was hired a few days before I started. Her parting words to me were "be careful." I realized what she meant by that when I was blamed for not supporting a disaster situation involving a satellite office in San Antonio 3 weeks after being hired. The whole business operation including all equipment was moved from a damaged building to a new office with less than 2 days of downtime. At no time do I recall a thank you or any other appreciation aside from my direct manager from corporate.

Beware if you