FirstStaff Employee Reviews

Need to work on things!
Casepacker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 27, 2018
Ive learned if they want to keep people and keep that contract of theirs, they are going to have to chill with the point system! They have no more than 6 points within a year when it used to be 6 points within every 3 months. people have a life, people have children, so sometimes they may have to leave early or call in all of a sudden, people get sick. it shouldn't be that hard to have a job with this place. everyone up there talks about leaving. besides all that if you call and ask for anything they try their best to make sure it never happens. I have so much more I could say but imma stop there!
Pay Sucks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 20, 2018
The pay really sucks. I had insurance but never received my card. You had to rotate shifts then they don't want to pay you. If you have a family I wouldn't Recommend working here.
Boring
PL Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 14, 2018
The work was tedious and boring with no chance for advancement. Hard to work in that situation. They were a good group of people but
no motivation. There was even some bullying with no discipline.
Find another staffing company
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2018
Worst place ever!!!! Rude and really care nothing about helping you find permanent work. Pay is low and the assignments sucks. They will let you go with no reason. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else where your valued.
Absolutely horrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 22, 2017
I would give this zero stars if I could. They put me with a new company that had no organization at all. There was no schedule, we started working and got off of work at different times each day. I was put to work with criminals and unprofessional people and the boss would leave without telling anyone anything.
On my day off, FirstStaff called me and fired me over the phone with no reason given. Me getting fired was probably the best experience I had with them.
Great workplace
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2017
I loved the job but the bosses turned up the machines making the work to fast to keep up with. The people were kind and able to help. I liked that I was in a controlled climate area.
Pros
Only 10 hour shifts
Cons
Fast paced work
Lots of head games and run around
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARMay 23, 2017
Very unprofessional and rude. Went in trying to get a simple custodian job. I was assured that I have it and then I didn't. Never got a call back explaining anything. Guess I wasn't on "the favorites" list. Don't waste your time there.
Pros
Honestly could not find any.
Cons
Dishonest to start with.
Enjoyable workplace culture always found way to reward employees for a job well done.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2017
With over 20 years experience in Administrative Support as well as Public Relations, Customer Service and Management. The most important aspect that I have gained is working well independently and with others as a team.
Only for the Desperate
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 19, 2017
Work is guaranteed, however advancement and raises are far from likely. Hard work and good work ethic go unrewarded. Also, actual work is often stretched far from the listed job description.
Pros
Consistent Work
Cons
Long hours, little to no advancement.
A lot of opportunities for part time work.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 17, 2017
This company is small so it's great to work having a relationship professional with the staff. You get to know everyone well so you feel secure and are able to be a lot more open knowing that they have your best interest.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Pay rate could be better
A great place to start
Temporary Service Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 31, 2017
FirstStaff is a great place to get started in a job hunt. They give you the job availabilities that would best suit your criteria. The staff on site are welcoming, professional, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Easy to talk to, open door policy
Cons
Minor communication issues between FirstStaff and contracted businesses
What Job Security?
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 28, 2016
I had heard from others that this company will lay you off for no reason. Unfortunately I didn't have a choice but to go work for these people. Turns out, everyone was right. I said something to someone in the office. Next thing I know I get a phone call from them letting me know that my services were no longer needed. Now they won't return my calls for more work after I was told that I would be put on the Available list. Very unprofessional and I definitely would not recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Outgoing Workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 22, 2016
My experience with Firststaff has been nothing short of exceptional. The interview process was relatively painless and they were able to place me in less than a month after applying for a job.
work for us so we can use you to make money ; }
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 15, 2016
Rude, inconsiderate and cheap. If you like to work for someone who treats you as if you were a piece of gum on their shoe, for very low pay, you`ll love it. If not, do yourself a favor and make them your last resort.
Pros
A/C in waiting room.
Cons
Users!!!
Ft Smith office is all about favortism
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 6, 2016
If your willing to work for a company that doesn't care for its employees, First Staff is the place to work for. Favoritism runs rampant with the Ft Smith office. Don't apply here if you are hard working and tend to express yourself about the slackers. Lesson learned and will never work thru them again
Pros
Cons
Long hours, favortism, poor pay, non functioning site managers
Staffing is rude
never worked there (Former Employee) –  Didn't get a chanceApril 28, 2016
Went for interview that they scheduled, had to wait for 20 minutes. Qualified for position but wouldn't heir me after I made arrangements for position time.
Pros
Lobby had ac while I waited.
Cons
Needs to get new staffing because they are not supervised well.
pay sucks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 16, 2016
Pay sucks no room for advancement poor poor management.the hob was easy first staff just keeps all the money you get very little
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks poor management
Productive place to work.
Wire Harnesser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 27, 2013
I love wire harnessing. I enjoyed putting circuit boards together and testing them.
I enjoy working at firstaff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work is enjoyabe as long as it,s team players,I,m a
team leader and team player.
Pros
sometimes we do get t-shirts.
Cons
lack of staffing