FIS Global Employee Reviews

Very diverse environment
Manager Bill Pay Department (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2018
FIS believed in diverse workplace. which was great for all people. The company was a great place, the benefits were very good for the employees and the company shows they can give back.
Lack of vision; No advancement opportunities
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2018
FIS is technically innovative, but very outdated in their approach in other areas of business. Extremely insular with little interest in best practices from other areas. In certain areas of the organization, there are no opportunities to cross-train or make an impact.

It is an odd culture with little social contact and almost no interaction between leadership and employees.
Pros
Strong technical innovation
Cons
Broken culture; weak leadership
If you just really need a job
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2018
I was working here for a collector on medical billing in North Little Rock. Since the building was not connected to the main building i was ok with that but you will start off with $11 no matter your work history and the bonus checks are a joke. On average you'll probably walk out with an extra $150 to $200 on bonus checks. It can get busy at times and you cant take off if ONE person has already requested for the day to be off! I took the job only because i needed an income fast!
Pros
Hour lunches and not as stressful
Cons
the pay is a joke as well as the bonus
Busy
Sellement Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2018
Very busy which is good. People tend to be very loud. The company stresses cross training I order that vacation and illnesses are covered. We are kept informed to any changes.
Pros
Good vacation
Cons
Poor medical benefits
Good entry level position job
Account Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2018
Not a lot of advancement opportunities. I've learned some skills on the job, but there doesn't seem to be a way for advancement unless you have some favoritism with management.
Fast paced work environment
Senior Business Analyst, Retail Payments (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 19, 2018
While I was with FIS, there were many mergers and reorganizations occurring. FIS had a very fast paced organization still trying to find their overall path forward. Since then FIS has found a path forward and has become a more stable company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not a remote working friendly atmosphere.
fis review
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
the work environment is collabarative fun and exciting. The products are exciting and challenging to work with as well as the team is also good to work with
Challenging Place to Work but enjoyable
Corporate Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2018
Going into this job, I was told that there is a lot of turnover due to re-orgs and layoffs. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and joined up anyway. Within the first month I witnessed a very large layoff process and was concerned if the reputation was true. 9 months later I was laid off due to a re-org (occurred in 2018). The reputation holds true.

The people are great, my manager was awesome. I enjoyed every aspect of the job and had intended to stay there till I retire. Wonderful place to work, but obviously very volatile job security.

The work was challenging, which I truly enjoy, and everyone worked very hard and supported each other. Great work environment.
Pros
Very flexible with work hours and able to work from home on occasions
Cons
Job Security
production
Card Associate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 16, 2018
A fast pace production company where they thrive on great quality, a company were they process credit cards and get them out the door before deadlines.
Pros
job secure
Competitive and innovative
Sales Executive Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 16, 2018
FIS Global offers a lot of different advancements. We are in the sales team and with sales comes a lot of different challenges and innovations to the work place. It kept me on my toes and all times and was very intriguing with work.
Pros
Work from home, vacation hours, flexible work hours
Cons
poor management, not enough acknowledgment
It was an amazing place to work and network and to grow, you got a new sort of training course for that type of customer service, great company.
Chargeback Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2018
I believe they should have hired more Representatives that way it can accommodate the parents who need to get off work early sometimes and it can also help the time off bids, so everyone gets time should they need it. I enjoyed the fact that they challenged Us by making us to surveys and they did value our opinion whenever we needed changes.
Pros
We got discounts for phone we also got discounts for food
Cons
Not enough time off, the bidding time off process is not fair and some of the policies are not fair either.
Company is out of buisness
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 10, 2018
FIS went out of business but I still required to write a review? It was a great place to work. I feel sorry for the owners. They culture there was great.
Pros
Cons
All gone now
A Good Starting Point for New College Graduates
Systems Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIApril 9, 2018
- As a new college graduate there are various opportunities for advancement within the company if the work is achieved.
- Great Benefits
- Self-Paced work environment
- Competitive Work Environment
- Collaborative work culture
- Forward thinking organizational outlook towards tomorrow and the future
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours per week
Cons
Misleading job description
Meh
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  SainApril 6, 2018
It's not terrible, and you get benefits. I wouldn't want a friend or family member stuck here, but it's relatively decent.

Decent pay for the area, but not nearly enough to live on.
Great First "Real" Job
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALApril 6, 2018
This was my first official job in my life. I started pregnant and 4 months later I was out my 6 weeks with PAY for my maternity leave. Two months after coming back, I was promoted. Love my co-workers. Make sure you do your job right though because they will fire you. Nice and simple dress code. Great benefits and pay. 8-10 hours mandatory OT most weeks. It's tiring but when you see your check you will be happy. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Pay, benefits, paid vacation, sick time, Co-workers, room to move up
Cons
Strict on attendence, no life outside of work, mandatory OT, being cursed out all day, calls back-to-back
relaxed environment
Lock box proof operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 4, 2018
Great place to learn how become a proof operator and learn to work with speed and accuracy Management was ok they commute was within where I lived and they recognized you for your work performance
Na
Charge Back Associate Representative II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 4, 2018
I really don't have a lot to say about the company some departments have been shipped over seas, which left lots of people out of work. In some departments there is room to grow.
Relaxed atmosphere
Solution Architect (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 3, 2018
Colleagues were good to work with. Work pace was not consistent ... either slow or extremely fast paced. Small amount of travel. Enjoyed working with the customers.
Dont waste your life
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
Unless you absolutly have nowhere else to go and have to make a living don't go to this place. You will learn nothing. Very unprofessional. This place is modern cotton field if you know what mean. Just punch bottoms with a boat laod of work no pay. You will find yourself stuck there.
Cons
Work until you drop no one cares.
Fis
Fraud and dispute rep (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 26, 2018
The work is not terrible but as of management. When you need help nobody is there to help, when it comes to personal days you basically have to plan ahead of time when you get sick because you’ll get occurrences for just about anything.30 minutes a month for restroom breaks.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, 30 min a month for restroom breaks, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight