FIS Global Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 912 reviews matching the search See all 1,381 reviews
not a nice place to work now
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 11, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work in the past. With last merger it seems that they became less employee friendly. They instituted a policy of no merit increases unless the employee has an excellent review, then they made getting the excellent almost impossible. I think manager had a rule of only one or two to receive increases.
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2018
A typical day was talking to people from all over the world and other countries, Receiving 60 or more calls in a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing about banking and financial matters
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
This is a good job to help you get stable
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2018
The best thing about the company are your co-workers. The pay was ok initially but they could pay more. There is room for growth but It might not be what you would want to do for the rest of your life or anything. I would recommend this job to college students or people who don't have a lot of life demands.
Pros
vacation time is given to you up front
Cons
you can't use the restroom unless you are on break or lunch
too much travel for little pay and no responsibilities
account manager (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, wiJuly 30, 2018
traveled extensively for the job.
given more responsibilities but no pay increases
executives and management was off site and difficult to communicate with due to not being in the same location
Pros
travel and good dinners
Cons
too much travel, boss was an idiot
Fis
Sales Executive/Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 27, 2018
FIS strives to be a better company. They do this through internal education and rely on the strengths of it's employees. They try and recognize them by their management team
Great place to work!
Programmer Account Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
What an amazing place to work! You're never too experienced to learn something new. The trainings and personal buisness development are out of this world. They take the time to help get you where you want to go. I can't imagine being anywhere else!
Ehhh
IT Security Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2018
Some managers are psychopathic. I was seriously stressed out and I think their layoffs were handled very poorly. I didn't see a great deal of valuable feedback.
No security or home life
Call Center CSR (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 24, 2018
The benefits and pay are great. The job itself is pretty typical customer service. The downside is there is so much mandatory overtime you have no life outside of work.
Its a job
CONTRACT AND BILLING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJuly 24, 2018
No complaints but nothing really great either. It was an average job with not much room for advancement unless you were at the corporate headquarters.
Your typical call center
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72212July 23, 2018
There are so many rules to follow and if you make one mistake, you can be in trouble for it. Shifts and rules are constantly changing. They can make you work when they want and change your shift when they want.
Pros
Free food during holidays
Cons
Shifts and disciplinary action can change with no warning
From a Consultant's perspective
Global Data Center Consolidation, Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
Organization is going through a lot of changes, which fuels chaos. No real culture, as that's an afterthought at this time. May be better in 4-5 years, but for now, it's just work, that's all
Overall View Of My Tenure At FIS
Securities Reconcilement Associate II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
FIS has the potential to be a great organization. That being said, there is very little training for a job where you are ultimately responsible for maintaining and managing a company that has 16+ billion in assets. There is little room for advancement and accountability is minimal at best. Work life balance is also not a priority at all. I understand completely that we have a business to run, but I also feel a work life balance is important as well.

A typical day at work for me involves managing our money market sweep funds and reporting our out of balances to the appropriate teams. Then I reconcile roughly 1000 mutual funds reporting any out of balances to the appropriate groups to be resolved. I also provide daily reports to clients of their respective mutual funds that are in balance or out of balance.

The hardest part of my job is the lack of training we receive. There is very little guidance from management and it's a " learn as you go operation" for the most part. Some of the research involved can be very complex. With the lack of training in all departments, it makes it that much more difficult to make correct decisions.

The most enjoyable part of my job I'd have to say is the atmosphere. We are allowed to wear jeans daily, walk around the complex if needed, listen to music through headphones and there isn't much micro management. Everyone is very friendly and even though we have a very larger staff, I know almost everyone by first name.
Can be a good fit for the right person.
Technical Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2018
Employees tend to be there for very long periods of time, 10+ yrs, or next to no time, under 5 yrs. Plenty of departments to move around to if you don't find the right fit. 24/7 campus, on site cafe.
Pros
24/7 campus, various departments for various skills
Cons
Work/home balance can be off if you allow it.
challenging workplace w/ some decent people
Senior Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2018
fis is a decent place to work to get you used to being in an environment that is constantly changing. don't expect much help and each team depends on their manager for quality.
The supervisor is Rude and some of the employees are just as bad because the supervisor has favorites she lets get away with stuff.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2018
The supervisor was rude and not willing to help me work around the situation i was going through. She was shady and had her favorites i was not one of them. She practically bullied me.
Pros
The benefits, and getting as much overtime as you want
Cons
Super busy on high call volume, not a second to think, rude employees and a evil supervisor.
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2018
I started off here thinking the $13 an hour would be worth it, but I was quickly shown that it is not. My supervisor was more worried about decorating her room rather than helping her employees. She knew less about the job than the actual employees did.
Fun, yet Stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 9, 2018
It was very fast paced and stressful at times. Benefits were amazing, though. I did not like how if you needed off for a sick child, yourself, or someone in your immediate family, it counted against you.
benefits
Cons
Hard to take off without it counting against you.
Great company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
If you are working on the right team with a great product this is a great company. They pay well and offer flexibility. however there are some real problems with some the managers in failing products.
Great company and competitive benefits
Systems Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
FIS is a great company to work for, with competitive benefits. Management is understanding, and strives to help employees do better. Employment surveys are provided for employees to fill out, and changes are made accordingly. This is a company that strives to engage its employees.
On fis
Chargeback Associate II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2018
Stressful work, flexible hours likes to replace company employees with contract workers, hard to get a promotion. get benefits. Will not let you work from home