FIS Global Employee Reviews

Found 972 reviews matching the search See all 1,452 reviews
productive workplace
Configuration Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 10, 2018
they provided more opportunities to learn and build my skillset.
they are a decent company to work for and have over 50 thousand employees.
management was good.
Pros
advancement in skills
Cons
work alot of hours
It used to be a decent place to work.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 9, 2018
It used to be a decent place to work but when they started to hire their technical personnel to India, all h..ell broke loose. They let many many programmers and analyst go just to replace them with offshore people. It was a very sad place when I left and everybody was depressed because they knew their days are numbered!!
Pros
Used to be a good place to work.
Cons
Very long hours with no extra money and poor health insurance benefits.
Alright place to work
System Support Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2018
Working at FIS was okay at best but not that greatest because they overwork you and tell you that need work/life balance but provide none. Workload size would be fit for a team 12 people but most people have negative attitudes about having to learn or train someone new.
Pros
Cons
Working there is like the seeing Wolf of Wall Street in person
Awful place to work for :-(
Call Center Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2018
It is a horrible place to work for to demanding the customers are just plan rude the management is horrible if you don't work 1st shift nothing to eat vending machines are always broken, too many rules and too many hours. Not even a star from me :-(
Management and pay is the worst!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALNovember 2, 2018
The job as an collection specialist was easy (if you are able to do that type of job)except for dealing with management. Management was very rude at times and sometimes belittle you like a child. They have great benefits options to chose from. The pay was horrible for all the work you do and they always change the structure and requirements of comission so they dont have to pay you what you deserve. The company has a high turnover rate mainly because of pay, management, or just simply dont like the job.
Benefits
Cons
Management Pay
I currently work here
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2018
If this job showed us (the employees) half the compassion they want us to show the customers this job would be so much better. They want us to slave at this job and pretty much have no life! You have to work a mandatory 10 hours a week and if you don’t schedule the hours they will drop the hours on you at any time of the day. Mainly your off days they don’t care about you. All they care about is you being on that phone to take calls. You work 50 plus hours a week and they only allow 30 mins a month extra for restroom and technically this is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. If you have a family you might as well cancel all your plans because that’s a wrap. When your at work they stay picking on what your not doing or could be doing. Don’t get me wrong the people or great and very professional but it’s the company with all the dumb rules. The higher up people I’m sure don’t work nearly as hard as the CSR on the phone. I forgot my badge and purse at home one day I had worked 13 hours the previous day and I was tired and rushed out the door. I got there in plenty of time but since the place is locked all the way down which is cool. I needed someone to come down to identify me since I didn’t have my id so that made me late. My supervisor told me that even though I was there and I was not on the phone that it will still count against me. So you mean to tell me I’m slaving at this job, abandoning my family, just left the previous night at 11pm and had to be here at 10am I cannot get one pass. That was the cherry on top I’m so over this job
Pros
Check is decent because of the overtime
Cons
Stressful environment
Great Stepping Stone
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
FIS is a large company so it is easy to get lost in a silo, take what you can from the experience and use it to your advantage. My only concern is that the company does a lot of layoffs.
Busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCITE (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 22, 2018
Very busy answered about 200 calls day. Stressful and was mandated at least 10 hours a week of over time. Some of th people I loved. Over all cool experince.
FIS Review
Project Manager, Product Development (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIOctober 22, 2018
FIS was a typical Fortune 500 Corporation. It was not intimate and it did have the feeling that as an employee, you could get lost in all the numbers and shear size of the company. Typical work day was hectic at a minimum. I learned to be patient. The culture over all was friendly, however, the typical office politics does exist. The hardest part of the job was working remotely and not having direct access to needed resources.
Pros
wages were competitive
Cons
oppurtunities for advancement are few and far between
FIS was a good learning experience
Fraud Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2018
FIS was a good learning experience for me. I never worked in an office before and it was challenging at times. new systems were being implemented all the time and you had to go with the flow.
If its your only choice...
FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 16, 2018
If you have never worked in a call center, you should just to see what call center employees have to deal with daily. This is just like every other call center ever. They claim that they are putting a new type of work environment and culture into practice. No, they tell employees that to try to limit turnover. New division starting for answering calls for a big online bank. Jointly managed with bank client and all mgmt well paid. Phone reps not bad pay, but could have been better. Division head overseeing project promised me a specific position, reneged and apologized. I could not get over that broken promise and was let go a few months later after voicing my opinion of how the rollout was managed to the people around me. If you decide to work here, GET ALL PROMISES IN WRITING!!! Or just don't let it bother you. A union would be a welcome addition, but would be uphill battle to get more than half of employees to sign on to it.
Pros
its not slavery
Cons
management, call center environment, unkept promises
FIS Global
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
The pace at FIS taught me about time management and answering problems quickly. The deadlines also helped with time management and solving situations quickly. Most of the people around you can help with what you are working on if they aren't too busy. Management can be off at times, but for the most part a solid team.
Benefits
Strong large company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 13, 2018
I had the opportunity to work hard on challenging projects. Groups within the company sometimes compete with each other making it hard to integrate solutions.
Fast paced and intense at times, but good place to work.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 12, 2018
The company was very fast paced, and could be intense at times during month-end closes and budget season. Normal finance stuff in my view. I normally put in a lot of hours because I dealt with quite a few facility locations and managers in different regions, so I would have to accommodate different time zones. This was not the norm for others, so don't get scared away. My manager was amazing, and co-workers were great. The workplace culture was really nice as well. The company would also give award functions and just thank you functions for a job well done. The hardest part of my former job was having to get up very early or stay up for late evening calls with regional managers. The most enjoyable part of my former job was actually having those calls with the regional managers - they were awesome folks to work with. I've learned so much over the years - including local country rules for different facilities, best accounting and financial planning practices, etc.
Pros
Free lunches during the close process, and even breakfast at times. Award functions.
Cons
Could be intense at times, but not horrible.
hard to advance
V.P. Capital Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
nothing to add. Hard to advance I was given all small accounts

lucrative accounts given to those who have been at company awhile
very large org with little traing or support. I was given no onboarding training or help Had to navigate very large firm on my own.
Pros
work from home on occasion
Cons
lack of advancement
good people
Computer Operator I (Distribution) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 6, 2018
nice people, little bit stressful, depends on the department. Lot of layoffs, but good benefits, easy to move up in the company. Nice campus and fair pay.
Stressful and disorganized workplace, but great culture.
Escalation Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 6, 2018
FIS is a very stressful place to work. The work stations are outdated and the system slows down or crashes at least once per day. The company has a very high turnover rate largely due to stressful calls and a disregard for customer service: esp in regards to customer returns. Return tickets can take 2 months or longer for their production team to respond to and a lot of callers are multiple repeat callers who have not had responses from production.

Having said that though, they do have a great culture and friendly atmosphere with a lot of departmental support. I learned a lot about how a call center works. I learned how to handle confidential client information and how tom handle and deescalate calls.
Pros
Benefits are great. Great environment.
Cons
Constant overtime, slow or ineffective work stations, a lackadaisical attitude towards providing solutions for problems.
Great Pay, Corporate Atmosphere
Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 4, 2018
FIS is very competitively paying, but I can't help but notice that they are slow in processes and development. They are made of acquisitions, so their internal workings can be challenged at times due to different corporate cultures coming together. Teams keep to themselves, so the onsite atmosphere isn't the most welcoming until you get use to that idea.
a typical work day
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 4, 2018
I go to work and clock in at 6.55 to be prepared to log in the computer at 7.00 a.m to began work I taken inbound and outbound calling while speaking.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
working mandetory at times
Too much work for the low pay
Index keyer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALOctober 3, 2018
The managers were rude and the employees were rude too. They wanted you to do alot of work and the pay was low. They were very strict. The benefits were ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss