Fischer Homes

Fischer Homes Employee Reviews

Fischer Homes insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good career opportunity

Good company with great people. Good support from Management. Decent base salary with opportunity for good money if all performance goals can be met. Decentralized nature of a regional company sometimes made communication difficult or slow when resolving issues. Overall, a good place to work, and a standout in a tough industry to work in.

Pros

Management support and leadership.

Cons

Performance metrics necessary to achieve top bonus pay can be difficult to reach.

Nice company

Nice company to work for. My manager was great. There were free lunches and a lot of work related outings. This was one of the best companies I have worked for, unfortunately there was a layoff.

Tough job

This job is not for the faint of heart, it is very attention oriented and very fast paced . It takes a special type of human to be a supervisor here but if you are good at non stop chaos and stress you’ll be just fine .

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very stressful

Great career!

Fischer is process oriented from the interview, through orientation and training. They will help you to learn and develop your selling skills but will also require a full commitment from you! The payoff is great if you’re committed and dedicated.

Pros

Great compensation and benefits

Cons

Long hours- you may work every day! But, you’ll learn how to manage your time.

Overworked and under appreciated

Employees are expected to work over 40 hours a week and then told they are doing their position incorrectly. They will also fire you and have your replacement there the next week. This company has a high employee turnover rate for a reason. The people are wonderful, you do create great relationships, however the workload is too much for one person and there is no training and there’s only yearly reviews, not quarterly reviews.

Pros

Sometimes free lunches if you get to the training room I’m time

Cons

Short break, no training, no quarterly reviews

No training, terrible management

If you want to work somewhere you want to fail, Fischer Homes is the place. They provide no training. They tell you to express your thoughts, but then use it against you.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, no training

Overworked and underpaid

Every day at Fischer is like being thrown into the open ocean with bricks tied to your ankles. You can never catch up. The company is growing like crazy but they are not increasing their workforce accordingly, nor investing in their current employees or infrastructure. Technology is outdated and neglected to the point that it is the biggest barrier to completing tasks and meeting deadlines. I enjoyed most of my coworkers and hope they get out and find better opportunities asap.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Subpar pay and benefits, horrible tech, workloads are way too heavy.

No clear direction. No development of people.

ManagementIn general, managers at Fischer Homes have no idea what they are trying to achieve. No development of people or relationships. The only goal is for the manager to make his or her bonus. The amount of turnover is extraordinary and that does not bother upper management in the least.

Fun working environment.

Enjoyed working at Fischer Homes! The management team and realtors were amazing to work for. It gave me the opportunity to enhance my admin skills and was allowed to create fun and exciting flyers to help draw in potential home owners. Would have enjoyed working there, if the position hadn’t been eliminated.

Pros

Flexible hours, Great working environment, Enjoyed working at different communities and at various model homes.

Cons

No benefits

Micro micro micro management

Worse company ever. Racist environment. No black men allowed. Very cliquey. There's a core of agents that have been there that get favor and have relationships with management. For everyone else that doesn't kiss management a-s, it's revolving door out of the company. Lots and lots of turnover. Based of Kentucky there's no place for minorities (except for a few women of color because they offer no threat I guess). Look at the corporate pic on the website. Count the minorities.

Fun work environment

I really enjoyed my time there. The Northern Kentucky team was awesome!. I am thankful for the opportunity that was afforded me and would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a rewarding career helping people build their home!

Great culture and amazing training

I have had a great experience with Fischer homes. They have a wonderful training program. Even if you have never been in sales before you will be off to a good start after attending their training.

Released for no reason

I thought I was doing a great job I built a lot of things for Fischer homes. They move them off of the old database call pervasive. Then I was forced to resign. I can’t recommend any software engineers to work for this company.

I enjoyed being part of a strong culture and loved the culture.

Great company and fun working environment. A lot of changes in the organization is ultimately why I left. Limited growth opportunity locally. Really believed in the Fischer product, very nice homes.

Best company I've ever worked for hands down!

If you love beautiful homes, decor, people, and marketing this is the best job ever! A typical day consists of sitting in a beautiful model home, contacting interested prospects, greeting and giving tours to new people walking in, building rapport and discovering what their needs are in a new home. Networking with realtors, you have an expense account to take them to coffee or lunch. Management is very supportive! The culture here is amazing! The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people find and purchase their dream home. The hardest part is probably finding serious buyers.

Pros

Very accommodating when you need time off.

Cons

Sales meetings are 2 hrs earlier than your regular work day, and I am not a morning person.

Terrible Leadership

They need to fire from the top down! Horrible sales leaders that haven't sold a home in years. Really terrible sales program! Why is it that management isn't held accountable for their actions/performance like sales people.

Fast-paced work in the home building industry

While the work place is nice, I find that I am needing something that allows more room for advancement opportunities. I'm looking at learning more in the software/web development department, however this is something Fischer Homes doesn't have room for currently.

The money isn't worth it

This is a dysfunctional company at best. The six-figure compensation was not worth it for me, I left and never looked back. Management is not good. The communication in this company is the worst I've ever seen it. One person's view on what the company should be forces her views on everyone and belittles the people she chooses for management. If you have strong opinions or views, good luck moving up.

Great company

I have been with Fischer’s for a year now and they are nothing but a class act company. They provide opportunity for advancement as long as you are willing to work towards it. Not so great benefits but you do have them. Work outings with your team and always resources to help you if you need them!

Decent company

Not much advancement possible. Basically a good company but needs more consideration for the commitment and dedication of employees. Recognition of a good job well done.

Fischer

The company is a good company, they try extremely hard to give homeowners what they are looking for. Very rarely is there a homeowner that is not happy with their end results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fischer Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Fischer Homes
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?