Fischer Paper Products Inc

Fischer Paper Products Inc Employee Reviews in Antioch, IL

Fischer Paper Products Inc insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Company going down the tubes

Employee culture is incredibly toxic, from entry level to senior leadership. Senior Leadership team is a group of "YES" men put together by an egotistical Owner/President. No autonomy to make decisions at any level. Owner/President doesn't understand his people or their problems, says he is there to help and make good changes but then spends more money on useless positions in the front office instead of using it to solve the real problems in the Operations Department.

– September 19, 2019
Thank you for your comment, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to positively impact our team culture and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in doing so. If you would like to do so, you can call 847-603-5049 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Was ok then defently went bad fast

Management doesn't care about you wants you to work long hours and give nothing in return and they have so much favoritism there also its all about who you know there and that's how you get ahead of not you will just be stuck and can't get anywhere

Pros

Defently some people

Cons

Talent, initiative, and hard work are recognized here, a place that values each and every team member.

This is a company that is growing fast, has a lot of potential, and continues to try to be better. The cultural and leadership problems that it has are recognized and efforts are always being made to improve. Some are successful, some are not, but as a growing company, there is some learning involved. Despite some of its struggles in finding, providing, and maintaining effective leadership, it is a company that cares about its people. I have always felt that I could go to anyone in a leadership role with a problem and be heard. I have always felt that my health, my family, and my success is important to this company. Pay and benefits are as good as anywhere else in the area, there is stability if you are a reliable worker, and lots of OT for folks on the floor making it happen. Fischer also likes to promote from within and train and develop their employees which is great, many success stories here. All around great people that are able to have a great time together at company events. President and GM are on the floor daily, talking with people, getting involved, helping out. Small family company feeling with big goals and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Pros

Great people, career growth potential, exciting time for company

Cons

Need more energy and retention in leadership team.

Company culture is toxic

The worst part of having worked at Fischer was the constant threat of implementing a second shift. There was no respect for tenure and they were threatening to transfer first shift people onto the second shift regardless how it affected their personal lives. Thankfully I got out before they started the second shift. Leadership has no concern of how their practices affect your personal life. My typical day was spent working on broken machines with grease up to my elbows. Working in the machine shop I got a nice break from shop floor breakdowns but it was still dirty work. One of my coworkers had no respect for me and would swear at me / call me vulgar names which happened on several occasions. Nothing was done to him and I just took it. Management did nothing to resolve the issue and it really wore me out. I just did my best to avoid him, and avoid any confrontation, because I needed a job like everyone else. The only bright spot was leaving early on Friday and having weekends off. The best day of work there, in about 10 years of employment, was my last one.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Short breaks, short lunch, virtually no sick time, on your feet all day physically wears you out.

– September 19, 2019
Thank you for your comment, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not satisfactory. Keeping in mind our employees' lives outside of work, we have staffed our night shift with team members who chose to move to nights and who receive a shift differential for doing so. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to positively impact our company culture and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in doing so. If you would like to do so, you can call 847-603-5049 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Great place to work!

Great workplace environment! Everyone works together to be successful. The Fischer team is a knowledgeable, hard working group, looking to grow the brand to new heights!

– September 19, 2019
We are so glad to hear are happy working here, our success is evidence of the hard work all of our Fischer team members put in each day. Thanks for joining us as we continue to grow the company!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Nice place to work at as a recent graduate

The people are very friendly and the company culture is nice. I learned a lot from the start. Challenging and fast paced; however, very collaborative and cross-functional.

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Short lunch break

– September 19, 2019
Thank you so much for your comment, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time working with us. We strive daily to provide Fischer team members with a collaborative working environment and hope your time spent with us has prepared you for continued success in your current role. Thanks!

– December 4, 2020
Thank you so much for your comment, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time working with us. We strive daily to provide Fischer team members with a friendly collaborative working environment and positive company culture. We hope your time spent with us has prepared you for continued success in your current role. Thanks!

look elsewhere for employment

I would say the management is poor but that would be a huge understatement. They are virtually non-existent. When you do have interaction with them it is pointless. They have no clue what is going on. They know nothing but try to convey to you they "know everything". Nothing could be further from the truth. They portray an image that they are "growing" but never do grow. There is very very little if any chance for advancement. There are no processes or procedures in place (chaos). Safety is an afterthought, if even a thought at all. This place can and does mess up a 1 car parade. Please save yourself a big headache. The best word to describe this place is "bizarre".

Pros

no weekends

Cons

Everything else

– December 4, 2020
Thank you for your comment, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to positively impact our team culture, share with you the steps we have taken so far, and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in making further positive changes. If you would like to do so, you can call 224-267-3365 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Unsafe and poorly managed

Not a safe place to work. Do your own research and see the numerous OSHA citations. Print supervisor made us run the machines without guards to clean up or change over. Not safe at all. Owner just keeps cycling through good managers and is main cause of the problem. Environment is cut throat. Your best option is to stay far away.

Pros

Most people were working hard

Cons

Not safe. Poor executive team

– December 4, 2020
Thank you for your comment, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the robust safety measures in place at our new headquarters, the steps we are taking to positively impact our company culture, and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in addressing your dissatisfaction while an employee here. If you would like to do so, you can call 224-267-3365 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Decent place to work for anyone who is starting their job career

It's an okay place to work at or for anyone looking for a different career. Not many opportunities to grow. Mediocre pay even with experience if hired on to the department you get hired for.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits

– December 4, 2020
Thank you for your comment. While we are glad to hear you started your career with us, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not completely satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to provide team member career growth, develop a competitive compensation package, and to positively impact our company culture. We would also like to hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in becoming an employer of choice in the area. If you would like to do so, you can call 224-267-3365 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Management is terrible.

No matter how hard you work or how much overtime you put in they treat you like you do nothing.Yell at you. Blame employee's for everything they do wrong. Owner doesn't care how management treats you. Good luck on raises.

Pros

Good benefits. Company picnic and xmas party is nice.

Cons

Management worst ive seen.

– December 4, 2020
Thank you for your comment, we are sorry that your time as a Fischer team member was not satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to positively impact our company culture and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us in doing so. If you would like to do so, you can call 224-267-3365 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Jobs at Fischer Paper Products Inc

in Antioch, IL
See more jobs

A good starting out job to learn how to be a team

On a typical day at work we (the packers) go in and find out what machine we will be work on, and how we will be working with. We then go to are machine and find out if we need anything like tape or boxes. At seven o'clock the operators start the machines and we the packers start to pack. We have different ways of packing so we have to look at are pocket to find out how to pack the job right. We pack on the same machine till noon then we switch to go to a new machine and start the process over again until it is time to go home at five fifteen. What I learned form working there is that everyone needs to work as a teem and have good communicating skills. The management is good at working together and letting the packers know what we have to do and if there is any changes to the schedule. As in most places the co-workers do there best to work together but still have some problems. The hardest part of the job I think is when you get a pack job that is hard to put in the box or when you are having trouble keeping up on the line because of problems with the glue or print. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to start a job and when I get to finish it also.

Pros

having a set schedule

Cons

breaks are short

– December 4, 2020
Thank you so much for your comment, we are so pleased to have you working with us and that you are enjoying that experience. We strive daily to provide Fischer team members with a collaborative working environment and hope you continue to enjoy the successful communication with both your team members and management. Thanks!

Great Place to work

Great atmosphere and great co-workers Management was kind Most enjoyable part was there were always new things to work on

– December 4, 2020
Thank you so much for your comment, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time working with us. Fischer team members and their willingness to collaborate with their coworkers as well as management are keys to our ongoing success. We hope your time spent with us has prepared you for continued success in your current role. Thanks!

Dream Job!

The only thing that is wrong with this place is management. We are constantly lied to about how busy we will be, starting a second shift....we lose bids because our quality slips when we try to "ramp up" production to get more work. The VP of operations talks down to the factory workers, he has sworn at them in their "team meetings" on Wednesday mornings; the guy needs to go. The benefits are absolutely incredible, the factory workers are some of the most easy-going, fun-loving people I have ever met. The hourly rate is kinda low, I always joked they could replace us with well-trained monkeys, and I suppose the incredible benefits made up for some of it. We get cost-of-living raises once a year, and when they sit you down for your "review" don't expect to hear about anything good you did....they only point out the bad stuff, anything to keep you from the 3%-5% raise. Love the 10 hour days, frees up your weekends (although VP will often tell you that they are so busy you shouldn't make plans on Fridays....when Friday rolls around, surprise! No work). As factory workers we are very disposable, so I don't see that there is any job security, a few years ago two separate people put in their 2 week notice, and management told them not to come back.....it was very under-handed. How can I trust people who are jerks?

Pros

Incredible benefits, best co-workers ever!

– December 4, 2020
Thank you for your comment. We are pleased there were many aspects of your time with us which you enjoyed and would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly about the steps we are taking to positively impact our company culture, about the successful roll-out of our night shift (staffed by employees who enjoy and volunteered to move to night shift) and hear any specific information you may be able to provide to assist us addressing other areas mentioned in your review. If you would like to do so, you can call 224-267-3365 and speak with Human Resources. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fischer Paper Products Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8