Fiserv Employee Reviews

Found 1,460 reviews matching the search See all 1,702 reviews
Lack of proper training
Business Analyst/Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 6, 2018
I wasn't given proper training for the job I was hired for. I was shown an example and I was expected to create an entire business model. I didn't have the qualifications for the position.
Pros
Income, hours
Cons
Training
Good place to work.
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 5, 2018
Fiserv offers very good benefits along with good compensation.
The work environment was inconsistent as they offer flex starting time and push employees to be health conscious which is very good. Then management would set unrealistic production dates to implement key projects which would add unnecessary stress on the
development team.
Pros
Excellent development Staff
Cons
Inconsistent Management
Good Place to Work
Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 4, 2018
Fiserv is a great place to work with opportunity to build new products for the business. The synergy across divisions makes it a great place to find something new to develop.
Amazing Opportunity
Fraud & Dispute Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 29, 2018
I love this employer. They have the best classroom facilitators and skill teachers. Flexible hours and great chances to move up quickly and thoroughly.
Laid off
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 27, 2018
Some promises made to me were broken when I was laid off after 20+ years and new management took over.

So trust is a little bit of an Issue but they did OK with a package including resources to find a new job.

For the 20+ years I worked there I thought they were OK.
relaxed working dress code.
Computer Operator, Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 24, 2018
Fast pace to insure web data posted correctly for clients data. People worked together to solve issues in a timely manor. Everyone covered each other when one person was out on PTO or called in sick. A never ending team effort.
Pros
flex working hours
Great location
Pricing and Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
A typical day for me at FISERV is emails, phone calls and 2 to 3 meetings using SKYPE for Business. Sometimes we use conference rooms. The Alpharetta facilities are the nicest I've ever seen, anywhere. Very bright open spaces, lots of glass and soft colors and a cleaning team that is always present, all day long.

Workplace culture seems generally pleased to be there and they should be as FISERV is one of the industry leaders. Management seems largely in tune with subordinates and seem to have a clear vision.
Pros
Free healthy drinks, like cherry coke-water, lime coke-water
Cons
none that I can think of
Deceitful and untrustworthy
E Payments Universal (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 17, 2018
This Fortune 500 company decided they were too cheap to pay the Hickory Returns team to do the job they were doing and instead aend the dept. to India AND make the Returns team train our replacements.
Then Fiserv gave the Returns team an Inbound phome position which is the worst job at Fiserv and a "spot" bonus for our heartache of $2.00 (to be taken away after 2 and a half months).
Do not trust anything this company says. Like most companies, its all about greed.
Training is horrible. There is no training on half the questions customer's call about and half of the management knows nothing about the job but will privide coaching speaches to you.
Pros
Lots of vacation (but you have to beg to use it or lose it)
Cons
The constant coaching and misleading management.
It's okay but it has good benefits
CARD CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 17, 2018
They have medical, dental, and vision insurance with 401k. They offer full time and part time positions and are willing to work with you on your scheduling needs if you need accommodations. They have tuition reimbursement.

There is a high turn over rate at this company. The job can be emotionally taxing at times.
Pros
employee benefits, great pay
Cons
can be stressful for mental health
Great Place , ping pong table we can use at lunch, raise every year.
Senior Payment Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 15, 2018
Great place to work always busy, I had a couple of great management who can see I can work independent once I learned the job.
Fiserv strived that we learn new skills and provided classes in house and off site.

Offer prizes when your caught doing the right thing.
We can also give out awards to our co workers which I used quite often I believe in team work.
I've learn to research payments for biller (our clients) and how to research returned chargebacks to reduce our bank exposure.
I've learned how to reconcile daily bank accounts
I monitor payment transmissions daily to insure files got transmitted daily.
I was in constant contact with the clients assigned to me and vendors.
Pros
Free lunches, picnics, in house classes organized events in house.
Cons
Little room to grow.
Solid Company 8 out of 10
Sr. Financial Analyst, Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 15, 2018
Pretty good company to work for. Generally respected by peers and management. Fast paced but not all encompassing. Given a fair amount of freedom to get projects done. Left due to family issues or would probably still be there. Gym, and almost free meals were decent perks.
Some good, some bad
Graphic and Web Designer and Developer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 14, 2018
Fiserv has helped me to live and pay my bills for over the past 10 years, so there will be no Fiserv bashing. At times it has been a really good company to work for, affording me solid work experience. What I will say is this: If continuing my employment there had a positive future outlook for me, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am very grateful for many opportunities that I have been given by Fiserv. I have worked with some pretty awesome people. The hardest part of the job for me has been not advancing like I felt I should have, and difficult management scenarios in part. The most enjoyable part of the job - getting to use my Graphic Design skills, the paycheck, the company events.... and the friends I've made.
Pros
Nicely done holiday celebrations, Annual Health Fair, Charity functions, Employee recognition day, Contests, Coffee, tea, hot chocolate are free.
Cons
Insurance benefits are fair; Pay-grade not conducive to industry standards; Organization needs work.
Poor management preventing sales
Client Partner - Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 14, 2018
Poor management and unrealistic sales goals will keep this company for achieving success. New management does not understand banking, and impedes sales
An okay place work with opportunities to shift to different business units.
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of several meetings for the projects and monthly meetings for the project team. There was some travel for work, but that reduced due to budget constraints. My responsibilities slowly evolved into ones that were not within my job description and did not match my previous experience. I ended learning a new set of skills that didn't help me progress in the direction I had hoped in my career. Unfortunately, there was no effort made in using my skill set in the near future. Fiserv work culture as well as work/life balance is very dependent on the business unit in which one works and the management team for which one works.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 12, 2018
Fiserv was a company I worked for as a temp. This company specialize in the data software for the ATM machines in the banks.

My job was the support for the Director of Fiserv.

I typed letters, memos, etc. I process expense reports, answered calls, made hotel and travel arrangements, and backup support for the DIrector's staff when needed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Loved the people I worked with.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 12, 2018
The days were never typical. The day always differed. You could have a very slow day, which to most of us meant that something was brewing. Most days there were issues that had to be researched and resolved. It could take from 2 hours of research up to a full week.

I learned a lot about time management and setting priorities, especially when everything was a priority.

The morale at the company was pretty low at times.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to turn it off. You were always on call and always checking emails, even on vacation. I took my laptop home every day and checked my work phone for emails every night. I never had a vacation where I wasn't checking and answering emails, or jumping on a conference call. When there were issues, you could be up on hour on hour conference calls throughout the night until the issue was resolved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people from all departments. I love working with people.
Pros
Loved working with the other employees in all departments. I love working with people.
Cons
Inability to leave work at work when you go home.
Just a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
After working for Fiserv as a contractor, I can personally say that they treat the contractors differently as opposed to those they hire through their own means. Their card services supervisors have no clue how to coach up agents, opting to tell them to fix what the agent is doing wrong themselves or they can be let go.
Horrible managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2018
If you're not kissing the managers butt and actually speak up on their wrong doings they will find any reason to fire you their attendance policy is dumb and confusing you have no life working here everybody acts like children not a career job no room for advancement unless you're white
Cons
Wasn't a great job, but lasted over a decade before section closure
Computer Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 9, 2018
Worked a blue collar job in a white collar, snooty environment, but then again, it was a job in banking. Was a better job the more time passed, but all attempts to climb ladder were denied. AA was probably the culprit, but it's Atlanta, formerly the city too busy to hate, now the exact opposite. Great severance package when my section shuttered, so my exit was exponentially better than my tenure there. If experience in banking industry and you have friends in high places, or infinite charm, you've found a home...
Pros
Benefits for me
Cons
I had zero upward progression
Don't quit your current job to come to Fiserv
Back office card services (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 9, 2018
I've applied to Fiserv twice and have had the same experience both times. The company will "hire" people several weeks before a training class and then call applicants a week ahead of the start date to say that they have over hired and that anyone who was "over hired" can be in the next training class a month later, usually a less desirable position and schedule. Also, what is not told to the applicant at the time of hire is that if you are not "certified" for your position you will be terminated prior to completing training. DO NOT quit a job to go to Fiserv. They play too many games.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Poor hiring practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiserv. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight