Fiserv Employee Reviews

Found 1,393 reviews matching the search See all 1,629 reviews
daily
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 14, 2018
The work was always the same balance banks entry of checks . Management was not around so the employees some of them did what ever they wanted to do The pay was very low
Pros
close to home
Cons
Pay Know advance in company
Director, Product Management - Commercial Strategy (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work. An industry great, constantly looking to improve. The company has a proven track record of 30+ years of growth. The leadership team is dedicated to success and growth. Great place to work.
Check processing company
Operation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 11, 2018
I like working at fiserv doing data entry and encoding check and processing statement banking was my field of work especially when it came to encoding checks on an ncr machine
Big Fintech
Product owner (Current Employee) –  AlpharettaOctober 10, 2018
Good industry but old technology, slow moving, lots of red tape and poor management. The Alpharetta campus is great and many business units so offer opportunities to switch within.
sad place to work
Production Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXOctober 9, 2018
really dont see yourself moving to a different or higher position poor management poor leads job slow always problems with machines that always mess up. they dont care about their workers pay is bad lunch is very short no breaks in between work time
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor everything no breaks only 30min lunch time
Productive and fun workplace with very rewarding opportunities
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 7, 2018
I knew how to start my day without supervision. It was pleasant, I enjoyed the work that I had to process, there were computer problems that I had to go to the Supervisor for, but nothing that could not be solved, and I really loved my job!
na
Collections Specialist/Collections Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 3, 2018
na. I have none. Only there for 9 months till dept closed. Great co-workers. Management relaxed. I am continueing because this page will not let me leave.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Unsstructd
Production crisis
High Speed Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2018
It was a cool job until I was always being harrassed after i was offered a new position. It made me not want to come to work. The pay was good but it wasnt worth coming to work to ruin your day.
Pros
Benefits on Day 1
Cons
Management, mandatory 7 days a week, technical support
Good plave to work
Fraud Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 30, 2018
great place. It has a Kiss pinball machine. Everyone is professional. The customers are demanding and can really take a toll. Everyone was nice and knew what they were doing
Cons
short breakks
NOT a good fit for anyone
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2018
Management has been advanced with little or no training.
The hours are never long enough because management doesn't understand nor care to understand the work load.
Favoritism is the standard.
Procedures to accomplish the work are not available and what is provided is totally inadequate.
There is not a local Human Resources person available.
Cons
Management, management, management
Don't
Production Generalist (Warehouse) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Just don't work here. You're considered property. Pure and simple. If you don't have the degrees you won't advance. Also if you use tuition assistance, and quit, they have the right to take it from your bank account, which can put you in the negative. I've seen it happen.
Great place to work wish the pay was better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CASeptember 20, 2018
There is a lot to learn. Very complex and involved product. No one knows it all but many have their specialities. There is much change over in management recently.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
pay and working after hours on call rotate eve and weekends
Fun Place to work
Lead development (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The location is pretty much a call center but I worked in IT. They have a great subsidized cafeteria and other facilities. Work-Life balance is more than just a catch-phrase there and they're dedicated to the improvement of employees.
Fun culture with excellent benefits
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXSeptember 17, 2018
This business is closed so no review is necessary. I was purchased by another insurance company but one of our vice presidents asked us to look for alternate employment because we were all going to be layed off.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
company sold
Never trained for department operations
Data Center Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 17, 2018
Was only Mgr to my department that had no meetings, reviews, etc. with my manager. 2 others had regularly scheduled daily training.
No policy and procedure manual to follow for employee at my position.
Unfair training and review.
Meetings, meetings, meetings!
Senior Business Analyst - CRM and BI Development (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at work starts out with 3-4 meetings with our team in India to get updates on their work, answer any questions they have in preparation for their next day.
After meetings, work on business requirements, troubleshoot client-reported issues, meet with Product Managers on new feature requests.

The workplace culture, at least for us remote employees, is a sense of the work never ending! And a sense of guilt if you don't get online in the evening too, after already working a 9-10 hour day.

The hardest part of the job is juggling the workload while also needing to spend a lot of time in meetings, not to mention the periodic administrative to-do's like timesheets, compliance training, keeping up to date with the frequent changes to the SDLC standards.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the respect our team members have for each other. We have confidence that our suggestions and ideas are considered and adopted when it's determined to be the best choice.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too many meetings, not enough time to get actual work done
Team Oriented
ECM Professional Services, Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Flexibility to work remote 100%
Team oriented
quarterly and annual bonuses
Much is expected out of management and it flows downward. Long work works, some nights and weekends but it is rewarding
Pros
Remote
Painful
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 15, 2018
I unfortunately wound up at Fiserv through acquisition. Was in basically same role for over 7 years. Fiserv is a company of acquired companies. Nothing they produce is actually organic. It's evident in your day to day work life as working with other departments often feels like working with a 3rd party, if not worse. The technical hurdles (network / security / infrastructure) are constant and no one seems to know where to go for help. All of the different layers work independently without concern for how policies affect other parts of the org. The security organization is overbearing and makes it impossible to get things done way too often.

There's a lot of great / talented folks at Fiserv and the folks I worked with were awesome. Direct managers are all pretty good, but the closer you get to middle management, there seems to be a lot of clueless folks. Little to no appreciation at the individual level. Developers and other individual contributor roles are commodities and resource A is the same as resource B.

Fiserv cares about nothing but the bottom line. As a result, they promise unrealistic deliverables to customers and every day is a scramble to adjust priorities, etc. for the current emergency. Expect to work nights, weekends, and even on your vacation!

The benefits are good, but very expensive for a company as wealthy as Fiserv. They're so cheap, we had an outing at a local zoo (site with ~50 emps) and they hounded us for our zoo membership information to save money on admittance costs. Unbelievable!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
More than you bargained for
Beware if you can
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 12, 2018
If you want a steady pay check this will be a good place. The work overall is easy, however you do have to put some effort into your overall work. The work floor is toxic. Leadership- (Managers/Supervisors/PEL'S) are dysfunctional. Manager is more of a entry level supervisor. He constantly changes his word what he communicates to you. You have to watch out for him because h.r is on his side. The supervisors don't care and are lazy and very unprofessional. The pel's are really the only people that help. A couple of them you have to watch out for because they always go to hr or leadership for stupid stuff. Supervisors always off the floor along with manager. Oh the supervisors are worst than the agents with gossip and unprofessionalism. None of the leaders lead by example. New supervisors internally pretty much gets away with anything since they aren't ramped up properly. Very clicky, if you are not a yes man you will get advance. The only thing i enjoy about Fiserv is i got a check. thankfully i was able to get out. You do have some people who care or probably used to care but the people that are supposed to support you aren't supportive. It a cya type of mindset.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership sucks, low morale
Only here for a short time
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
Work here for a short time after I was laid off from another position and left because there was no opportunity to advance. Pay and benefits were not very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiserv. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

55%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss