Fish & Richardson P.C. Employee Reviews

A strong place to work and grow with
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2018
Fish gives it's employees many opportunities to better themselves and advance their careers. The benefits package is also very extensive. Management listens and actively works to support their teams and the company itself also shows that it deeply cares about all employees throughout all offices.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Can be stressful due to the nature of the business
The greatest place I have ever worked.
IT Specialist II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
Absolutely hardworking and diligent staff, very professional and courteous at all times. No issues with co workers, no problems with management, very structured and was fairly compensated.

Typical days were very fast paced, assisting attorneys in IT related needs.

Learned a lot about IP related IT infrastructures and the best ways to support the staff.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Great Company Great Place to Work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  minnesMarch 8, 2018
Fun and great culture. Little mobility, but good place to gain experience. Depending on your department, lots of fun parties. The office set up is very modern and employee focused.
A successful law firm struggling through the recession
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 2, 2018
Despite the pressures as a result of the country being in a recession this law firm struggled and was successful in providing competitive compensation to its employees..
Pros
Compensation
associate
Associate Attorney, Life Sciences Group (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2018
I was an associate during a lean time for patent prosecution. The work was interesting and demanding. The managers were helpful. The culture emphasizes business relationships over personal relationships.
Pros
interesting and intelligent coworkers
Cons
billable hours
Great Culture and Company
Research Librarian (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2017
The once Boston-based company has moved to the twin cities to expand its hub and it is a fantastic place to work. Fish & Richardson makes sure that their employees are happy and always work with them when issues arise.
Top Law Firm - High Expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2017
Fish is a top law firm specializing in IP prosecution and litigation. The attorneys are top talent and demand excellence all around. Often this results in shifting priorities and an extensive workload for admin groups. Generally it is managed well but there are many fire drills and occasional unrealistic timelines that can throw a wrench in many projects. The work is generally interesting but it is easy to become spread very thin, especially at the managerial level as most managers are working managers.
Difficult place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2017
High expectations with little training or assistance from upper management. Difficult to be managed from so far away. Open office environment doesn't work for all people/departments. Some poor managers in place at Minneapolis location and upper management doesn't solve issues related to poor managers.
Patent Paralegal
Patent Paralegal/Patent Prosecution Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2017
I really liked working at this firm. People were nice - very friendly and helpful. I had all the training I needed to do my job. Very busy. Worked independently and in a team environment.
Pros
Extra holidays
Cons
Having to bill for my time
Wonderful law firm
Patent Paralegal/Patent Prosecution Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2016
I would take care of multiple electronic filings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark office on a daily basis. Worked in a team environment - everyone helped each other. My co-workers were wonderful and always willing to take the time to explain things.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great environment
Docketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 24, 2016
Fish has been a wonderful place to work with awesome benefits. My managers are family-oriented. Fish has now moved to an open work environment with breakout rooms for privacy, treadmills and standing desks.
Fun to work here
Record Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2016
Had fun working for Fish. We had company outings, social events, etc. to get to know each other. Work environment is pretty relax. I have no complaints working here.
Productive, demanding, and highly stressful place to work.
Sr. Legal Secretary (IP) / Case Management (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2016
Fish & Richardson is a place that demands nothing less than the best. A normal work-day is fast paced with high expectations. You'll learn the essence of working under extreme pressure and the importance of time management in order to meet deadlines. It is a team environment; working closely with co-workers is a must. In my position, the most difficult part of the job is having to meet immediate deadlines that are set by international clients when there is a 13 to 14 hour time difference. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a client contacts you personally or sends a card saying "thank you" and gives recognition for the hard work and assistance.
Great employees and managers to work with.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2015
Fast paced, work hard while having fun. Exposed to many facets of Human Resources. Allowed the opportunity to learn and grow.
Documents Review (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2015
Management is supportive, co-workers are nice, willing to help, to share . Very nice place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Great company to work for
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
I loved the people that I worked for. The company has a great reputation and great benefits. I felt like I was a contributor to my team. As far as red tape, every company has it.
Productive work environment
Docketing Department Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2015
individual and group focused
Strengthened communication and organizational skills
Very strong attention to detail
Hardest part was focusing on a computer screen for several hours
Very quiet, clean and nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2015
I totally enjoyed my job at Fish & Richardson for the past 12 years. My boss was extremely nice and caring. He did not micro-manager if you needed help with anything he always had an open door policy. The only reason I am still not at Fish is because they outsourced the Financial Organization to their office in Minnesota. The majority of my co-workers were very nice and team players. I can honestly say I enjoyed coming to work every day, I knew exactly what was expected of me. I think the hardest part of the job is the end of each quarter trying to projected what money will be coming in and the hardest was the end of our fiscal year which is in December. Everyone is having a great time but in Accounts Receivable the pressure is on you to meet the CFO'S target.
Pros
Treated with respect, clean friendly environment
Cons
None that I can honestly think of
FIsh and Richardson is a great place to work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
I like working with the attorneys and secretaries on completing their bills and generating bills to send to clients. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and I like what I do as a billing coordinator at Fish and Richardson.
Good job environment with an emphasis on learning and competence.
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 22, 2014
Fish encouraged the secretarial staff to become experts in Word, and I was close to taking the MOUS exam when I decided to look for work in San Francisco. I left Fish because the commute from San Francisco to Menlo Park became burdensome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fish & Richardson P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight