FISHER INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Inconsistent hours
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 24, 2018
My experience wasnt great. The hours are terrible. One week you might be working days and the next youre working nights. What you work depends on the job. I was away from home for 6 full weeks at one time without the option to go home to see my family. Management is terrible. This company does not treat their employees well. Awful experience. No regrets when I resigned.
Great pay but you're just a number to management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  MontanaMarch 15, 2018
Worked there 7 years on a mobile plant, first as an operator then lab technician, first 5 years were great then the place fell apart after the founder died. Definitely production based business with tight deadlines which makes it stressful, current management a joke.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
no communication
was a great place to work with great people
Laborer Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Did environmental and traffic control. Everyday was always a different experience and a busy day. The management was great and very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was hauling fence up and down a steep grade. I enjoyed every day of work great people.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
People that tried starting trouble to get a head
There's always something to do
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Fisher will never leave you sitting at home. There is always work for the maintenance side. We are there rain or shine and it's a very good thing. Our head supervisor is always on top of things as well
Great job
Crew Member/Crusher Plant Trainee (Former Employee) –  I-40 between Montoya, NM TO Tucumcari, NMJanuary 27, 2018
Job had strong character, good foremanship, & Quality workmanship. Followed state requirements and corrected lots of problems. Paid very well, plenty of hours, and safety was extremely important towards all employees.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Very minimal, not worth explain for job was ideal for me.
HR Assistant/Safety Assistant
HR Assistant/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2017
Fisher was a family owned and operated company. It had many layoffs due to and ebb and flow of business. The company was in trouble with the state and Federal government due to business practices. It was very stressful working there due to the layoff issues and the issues with the state.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never knew if you had a job or not
When the jobs busy then your busy as long as the weather good. Fun place to work. Get decent hours at times.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 28, 2017
Works really good. Supervisors are good except some can be drama with attitudes. If the weather's good always expect good work week. Times we get alot of hours and sometimes just 40-48hrs per work week if good weather but slow work. Then if bad weather expect 02-40hrs a week which is peanuts paycheck. Hard to get raises or promotions. Be nice if employees could make suggestions to make work better place and more productive with their ideas. With my job not only could I do mine job but I could operate equipment at times, do mechanic work and help with the asphalt paving side of the operations etc. Loved working here doing what Im doing and loved the times we worked 70hrs+ a week. Hardest part of the job is no communication, then when there is communication you get a** chewing or attitudes and get the blame, nothing to do besides suck it up and keep doing ur job. Then paperwork ain't so bad as long as people don't start changing your own paperwork routine and sheets and change one sheet record into 4additional sheets for records. When you ask about wages you get I don't know answers but seems like family get higher wages and benefits of company vehicles and job title advancements.
Pros
Provided drinking water at times, short breaks, not the best but an ok management
Cons
No communication, drama/people with attitudes, hard to further advance career, rarely get raises or awards, no company activities for our project, low wages and excuses is how the States wage is
It is good work
Laborer and Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
I would go back again because the company always has a spot for you if you're a good worker. The only stressful thing about working for fisher was aone times we didn't have work and there would be lay offa at the end of the year
Rough work.
operator 9 (Former Employee) –  Placitas, NMSeptember 12, 2017
Not bad if you can keep up with the demands of the job and the politics. Too many of the employees drink to excess and it tends to roll over to the next day making an unsafe work enviroment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Away from family and most employees drink entirly too much alcohol
Good to work for
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 10, 2017
Good company to work for, but was just the foreman I had. He was Mexican and he had a problem with native Americans. Overall the company was good to work for, got to travel alot and get an experience running the dozer in many ways possible.
Very poor communication between the two shop supervisors.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 16, 2017
I worked at fisher for about three years, during that time I witnessed very poor management and a very large turn over rate. Mostly due to the fact that nobody would change from the old way of doing things to the 21st century, where employee's have rights and should not be judged by whether your supervisor likes you or not to keep your job.

No willingness to work with employees to retain them, you felt like just a number.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
benefits, appreciation air quality
Great Company
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 22, 2017
Great small business office
Good group of people to work with on a day to day
Learned lots about billing and proper paperwork and how to act professionally
Great coworkers and supervisor
CDL B Truck Driver/ tanker endorsement (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAMarch 19, 2017
The company as a whole is a great company to work for. Able to put in long hours 7 days a week weather permitting. My superior was a great person to work for . He made the environment fun while also getting the project done. Ii was able to perform all kinds of tasks and was able to perform these tasks without micro management. Enjoyed the different task assigned to me. Upper management asked for me to add Hazmat endorsement to my CDl and the company would give me a descent raise. I agreed and attained the endorsement but upper management gave me more duties to perform but backed out on the raise.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Upper management not keeping their word
Productive Fast Paced Work Environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, ND 58601November 7, 2016
Operating was always a good job, I would like to work for fisher industries again. co workers were very helpful and supportive no matter what. management was strict but very understanding. hardest part of the job is tearing down the rock crushing plant and setting up at a new location.
Pros
great pay, friendly and nice co workers
Cons
always on the road
I loved my job!
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2016
Management was great until my manager wanted more than just to be my manager, he wanted nudie pictures of myself sent to him! Coworkers great couldn't ask for a better team and or crew to work with.
Pros
New equipment, great benifets.
Excellent work place enviroment.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed working as an operator there. The company always kept me busy and let my run different equipment when there was a shortage of operators. I learned to plan ahead with new locations on the job site. My boss was always encouraging and telling how i could do things better with his past experience. All my coworkers were always there to help one another out. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with three crews i had to keep up with in different areas of the job. The most enjoyable part was running all the equipment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
the pay was a little low
easy going work enviroment
Labor/Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2016
Daily safety meeting, begin projects for the day. Carpentry skills, advanced operating skills. Crew and foreman were great to work with. jobs fairly simple. the comradery.
Positive hard working environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed the work, often times it was extremely tough physical work. the hardest part of the job was tearing down and setting up the rock crushing plant. My foreman was awesome to work with and very understanding. i wish i could go back but at this time i cannot. i enjoyed the fast pace of the work, it made the days fly by.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
lack of smoke breaks and no smoking in equipment
Good Company.
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
I didnt have any complaints about this company, It was a good company with good co workers and a good environment. Overall a good job.
Nice place to work
Crusher Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Billings MTFebruary 17, 2015
Fisher is a good place to work. I learned some more management skills will working at Fisher. Over all nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FISHER INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

FISHER INDUSTRIES Reviews by Location