Fisher Investments Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace with Great People
Client Programs Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Camas, WANovember 13, 2018
Working as a Client Programs Junior Associate at Fisher Investments was a great place for me to grow. The management is very fair and the hours are flexible. They are happy to help you work towards cross-training in different departments and extremely helpful when in comes to adjusting to departments.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Pay
Investment Counselor Experience Horror story
Investment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2018
Fisher investments is the type of place that will hurt your career. The sunken feeling you get when you realize you took a new job for a company that does not care you relocated, doesn't care about you as an individual and only cares about their ideology. This is not a training program... this is a program designed to make you their robot. They don't like you if you're new at all. This place is scary to work at and you will realize this when it's too late. The whole environment was stifling. Just do not do it. The walls have eyes at this place... you start worrying who you can even talk to if you have a question or need help. It goes down as the most negative environment I have ever worked at and I will never recommend anyone work for this company.
Pros
Only pro is the pay
Cons
One track mindset training process. Disengenuous management.
Great Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAOctober 8, 2018
Fisher Investments is an independent, privately-owned money management firm serving institutions and affluent individuals primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The firm prides itself on its unparalleled client service, flexible investment approach, and specialized business model.
Fun
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Have a great team to work with. They are hardworking and strive to do more. Great patient interaction and dedication to patient care. Benefits are good.
Great place to start a career but can become a grind
Investment Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 15, 2018
You will be given lots of responsibilities and opportunities early on, which is great, but after several years of career growth your advancement opportunities will become limited and yet the stress to compete will remain the same. Over time the carrot gets farther out of reach, however tenure does not convey job security, so eventually one finds themselves working not to accomplish a goal but just keep their job, and that is generally not good for morale.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities for someone young in their career
Cons
Can be stressful and exhausting at times
Generally a good place to work
Investment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 12, 2018
Its a good place to work, but a little different than how they sell it. 8 hour days are the norm, but you are so busy trying to fit what everywhere else would be a 12hr day into 8 hours that you hardly have time to look up from your desk. Fisher is definitely the best firm overall that I have seen and it is due to their obsession with metrics. That said, that same focus on metrics rewards quantity of contacts and ignores quality. You are far more likely to be recognized and rewarded for making lots of surface level calls to clients than you are for making your required calls and using your extra time to do extensive financial planning work with clients who need it and really provide value. The same focus on metrics that in my mind makes Fisher the best compared to the rest of the industry promotes mediocrity within the firm. The obsessive focus on metrics also contributes to an intetnal culture where management is always seeking to find fault and everyone is seeking to shift blame to others.
Pros
8 hour day, phenomenal benefits, extremely good client service and capital markets training
Cons
Uncommunicative management, huge amounts of administrative work
Good place to start
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 29, 2018
Great place for a young career. Get in for 2-4 years and get out. Management is weak and most promote their friends who have worked there for years together.
What Work/Life Balance?
Associate (Current Employee) –  CamasAugust 11, 2018
If you're the type of person who questions the status quo, and doesn't sip the kool-aid, then Fisher isn't for you. If you're a team player but refuse to play the game/politics, you will get chewed up and spit out. Don't get me wrong...Fisher is good for some people. Sales people and Investment people. Some people will find great success here. However, it's a very specific type of person. You need to be willing to breath, eat, and sleep Fisher Investments.

My day to day involves being walked all over by Investment Counselors because I do not have the same job title as them. Even the CEO acknowledges these employees are a problem, yet we continue to employ the culture of "I'm better than you" instead of "we're a team."
Fisher pays well and more than I could probably get anywhere else for what I do, but it isn't worth my mental health or self esteem. Do yourself a favor and don't work here. You will have no life and be surrounded with a bunch of jerks. Many
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
10 hour work days, toxic culture
Meritocracy Driven
Human Capital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAAugust 6, 2018
There are so many reasons to begin working at Fisher - benefits, 401k match, an opportunity to be a part of a rising RIA, but there are a lot more reasons to stay. Fisher's culture thrives on young, driven employees and allows meritocracy to be the driving force of high production and growth. Regardless of business unit - introspective, competitive, team-oriented mentality is key!
Pros
Benefits package, open enviornment, culture, perks
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility
Regional vice president of high net worth sales
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
I'm the regional vice president of high net worth sales (2018- 6971) my hours are 40 hours a week and I get here in my home dffice at my home & on the computer early. I arrive at fisher investments at 7:45 am in my home office I start on time because it's important for example arriving early is a good thing, and 12:00 noon I take my lunch break which is a (1) hour break and what I love about it our long hour break you can eat with your family? Your'e allowed up to 20 sick days here at fisher investments. This a great place to work the saiary is fine the people who work here are deep down good earth folk their wonderful! Do you have relative work here they enjoy working here I know I will too as the vice president of high net I'll will make certain things like the over view and I't's my job to make sure everyone finish working and completed. And make sure everyone get their assigned work start on time every day. I must support the people working under me. And I can't shut down nor close out until all someone call at the last minute when you close if its emergency you must handle the emergenies problem worker every day after hours too. The support important thing is you're still on the job way after fisher investments is close two things to remember you will have  more... to report to the manager to exchange make sure everything is finished and making sure fisher investments start off on the good foot & properly and make sure all work is done every day? The hardest part of the job is was not taking advantage of reading aloud not using my touchscreen. I can work monday wednesday thursday friday saturday & sunday. Anytime these days I can work anytime. Most enjoyable time of the job, was writing and to see if I could write 2,000 some word. The most enjoyable part of the job - writing  less
Pros
Love the hour lunch break?
Cons
Like two 15 minute break and get paid for it?
Monotonous
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAAugust 1, 2018
Its the same thing over and over again and the technology they use is far behind the rest of the world. Theres skills to be learned but after a few years stagnation kicks in
Pros
health insurance and compensation
Cons
Dress code
Great opportunities
Client Elevations Review Administrator (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAJuly 21, 2018
Great opportunities for people who really want to get loads of experience in different departments. their breath and depth value really helps their employees blossom.
Good places to start after college, but difficult to advance.
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAJune 12, 2018
Fisher provides many training and shadow opportunities for someone who comes out of college not knowing what they want to do.

Once that person develops interests it is very difficult to advance. There are strict timelines in place for when someone can advance or not regardless of if they are a top performer or not.

I felt very limited.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Schedule
Great Company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 11, 2018
Fisher is a wonderful company. The employees are very intelligent and driven. The sales team requires long hours, but if you're willing, there is work and a lot of money to be made. It's difficult to move from Reception to anything else, so don't try, it'll take you years.
Pros
Best Benefits I've seen anywhere
Cons
Tough upward mobility
full ownership of product
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 29, 2018
Company is good if i'm are going to setttle down in California.

difficult to implement new strategies even if it's worth.

like the environment as all the people are friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
no work from home
good company
Private Client Group Sales Vice President (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAMay 2, 2018
The work life balance at Fisher is good but their is an issue with some of the advancement opportunities in sales. Their is a strong desire to take productive internal sales people. and make them outside sales people. There is a lack of cultural diversity in sales.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
cult of personality
Nice place to begin get an overview of investment Mangement
Investment Counselor, Private Client Services (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 29, 2018
The firm has grown tremendously and continues to do well. However, it feel like you are a part of a massive asset gathering machine rather than an investment professional learning the art of investing client assets. This is not to suggest you won't learn anything. The business is run very well and does well.
fun place to work
Document Technician (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 14, 2018
they will take you sometimes to a Giants Game, they would do some activities were you can bring your family, every year they will take you only to have dinner for christmas, but they never give you a bonus'
Pros
Free Giants Games sometimes
Cons
they never appreciate employees hard work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 5, 2018
Management at Fisher Investments is among one of the top in the financial services industry. Each department manager is specially trained and is an expert in collaborating construction and execution of strategies and ideas.
Conservative company with good advancement options
Client Programs Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAMarch 27, 2018
Conservative company with good advancement options. Job duties are straight-forward and the company itself is very organized and streamlined. There's a moderate amount of inter-department communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss