Fitchburg State University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
fun and productive
COMPUTER LAB ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMarch 1, 2018
working while you study at the tutor center.
helping other students felt good.
productive use of time and learned from other students as well.
hanging out with school body.
Good Internship Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAFebruary 25, 2018
Great experience working on cross-discipline team. Agile development process with rapid prototyping and direct input from end users. Opportunity to showcase work in undergraduate research competitions.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Fitchburg State University was a stimulating and satisfying place to work at. Working in the Admissions Office was very fulfilling because I was able to see young adults starting their college careers with so much hope and determination. The office climate was very cooperative and enjoyable.
Pros
Great co-workers
Work in athletic department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAFebruary 21, 2018
It was a fun job for my work study. It got to do many fun things in the athletic department. such as track the numbers during the soccer and lacrosse game, film hockey games and work the football games.
Pros
fun job duties, great co-workers
fun easy job
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Desk assistants were able to work on homework while sitting at the desk- did not require much of an effort and easy to find coverage if needed or find extra hours if needed
Fitchburg State University
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 10, 2018
The job was so much fun because it was so dynamic. I met a lot of people and the social aspect of being at work was the best part. The worst part was probably the fact that I got tired after calling so many people, since our job was to convince people to donate money to our university.
Lenient and understanding
Financial Aid Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MADecember 26, 2017
- Organizational skills utilized
- I learned a lot about an "office environment" and confirmed my success with a team and by myself.
- Workplace culture was positive and fostered creativity
Very laid back
PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MADecember 17, 2017
The job is very laid back and my boss is super nice. The jobs are optional and it's basically if you have a minute to give, then that's when you work.
I'd rather eat tacks
Circulation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MADecember 17, 2017
This library was run by non-professionals who had no care for librarian ethics or using staff to their fullest potential. Condescending, unprofessional, and toxic.
Pros
It was close by where I lived
Cons
It was awful place to work
Interactive learning experience
Athletic Trainer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MANovember 15, 2017
I am a sophomore nursing student. This job that I currently hold at Fitchburg State University is a work study, in which I am allowed to work up to 20 hours a week. I think 20 hours is a perfect amount to work while balancing nursing school, as well. I assist the athletic trainers in their daily occurrences on the job with a variety of sports teams. In the fall I work with football; in the winter I work with hockey; in the spring I work mainly with lacrosse and track, but sometimes I am thrown into help with other sports. My job is limited due to lack of experience, but I help and offer my assistance in any way that I can. Typically across the board, I help out with waters and gatorades for practices and games, wrap and ice athletes before/ after sporting events, and instill athlete information with the use of SportsWare. Although athletic training and nursing have different career paths and settings, I can note a lot of overlap between the two professions. Whenever I am with the athletic trainers and someone gets injured or have an injury, they are always explaining how certain things happen or take it as a chance to review human anatomy with me, which I find extremely helpful. I appreciate the job and how lucky I was when I had the chance to get it.
Pros
Learning experiences, Similar to nursing, camaraderie between trainers and athletes
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about Fitchburg State University?

Ask a question
FSU Work Study
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MANovember 10, 2017
It's great. Priority is placed on those in the major and those who have worked there previously and seniority is given in shift preference to yearly employees.
Fun place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAAugust 28, 2017
I was surrounded by great people
I did office work and assisted my coworkers in anything they needed
I answered phones and organzied the office in which I worked at
Pros
The people around me
clerk life
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJuly 13, 2017
good pay and school
I wish they would pay more though.
There is some issues with communication between departments
very simple place to walk around and not get lost.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJuly 13, 2017
The staff is dedicated and committed. There can be dull but busy moments in every office, but the kids make the work worth it. The management is good, but prone to stress easily.
Best State College
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJuly 6, 2017
One on one experience and lots of opportunities to do research if you're a biology major. Very supportive faculty and community. best 4 years of my life!
productive and fun times while working with exciting people
Sports Games Coordinator - Dept. of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJune 22, 2017
What I learned was leadership and teamwork due to the fact that we had to work together so we could make the events possible. The atmosphere was also very exciting and everyone always used to look up to working.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
FItchburg State University
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJune 19, 2017
FSU is one of the greatest places I have had the pleasure of learning from and working for. They often have a lot of challenges, as are natural in that field, but they are really a community that values each other. They encourage personal growth and learning as their mantra.
Pros
Excellent People
Cons
Budget often tight
Easy to Balance
Event Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 12, 2017
When I worked for Fitchburg State University I was able to meet new faces, maintain time to work on homework outside of the job and find time to work!
N/a
Graduate Assistant Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MADecember 3, 2016
Great place to work, good co-workers and supervision. I really enjoy the open and cooperative atmosphere. I have nothing but good things to say about this place.
Excellent
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJuly 10, 2016
Great company to work for and employees and managers are great. Typical day is come in make sure all employees show up on time and ready to work. Make sure if there are special events or people that are coming to the cafeteria that we have enough food and staff and ready to make the customer happy.