Fitlife Foods Employee Reviews

Great place for advancement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2017
I love working for Fitlife Foods!

It's a great company with amazing benefits!

Great culture and the stores are beautiful. You also get to wear yoga pants and tennis shoes to work- can't beat that!
Pros
Uniform, Culture, Benefits
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Great place to work for students
Team Member (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 31, 2017
I love working at Fitlife! It's a great environment and I love my manager! She is always working with me to make sure I am successful in my position. We get free meals!
Pros
Free meals, great schedule, amazing team
Cons
Closing shifts can be late
Super fun and family oriented environment !
Team Member (Current Employee) –  South Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2017
The company is growing like crazy! Which means constant growth opportunities. They have a lot of great employees. They have a great culture and take care of their employees.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Always busy
Not what it was
Cold room prep (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 3, 2017
Fitlife used to be more hands on with culinary skills such as knife work and got you hands on experience with the culinary world not its all about using machines and all about how much money they can make so you dont learn any skills at all except how to use a machine to do the work for you and its a sham because i loved the hands on experience and like i said all they care about now is how much money they can make and more production and still very very little pay if they can go back to there mom and pop type work it would be awesome but with the fact that they care about money over everything makes it a terrible place the supervisers are all full of there selves and dont know how to manage and it goes to show how bad they are now because they go through so many employees because they have changed the way they initially wanted or there original vision from caring about there customers and employees to how much money they can make and they dont know how to communicate at all terrible terrible experience and the ceo went from wanting to do good and be good to just making money thats all they care about it money money money
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No breaks, and they dont care about there employees, and only care about how much u can produce for little pay, so they can make more money
review
Head Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2016
all is good with the company! great benefits and great people to work with. Hours are flexible. Fun environment along with enjoying great food! Start being powerfully fit!
Horrible communication, very low pay, and management sucks
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 27, 2016
When delivering the food we are on the road at night and for very little pay compared to the competition
Management has no communication skills, doesn't tell you about changes to schedule. The management says they take care of things but they really don't. There's no room to grow with this company it's a dead end job and they simply don't care about employees. You are easily replaced and that's not right
Pros
Independence
Cons
Supervisors, very low pay, no communication
good for college students
wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2016
great company great foods great customers and co workers it is a good place to work if you enjoy to help other reach their fitness and health goals
Pros
experience
Cons
no break
Easy job/Pleasant Co-Workers/Relaxed Atmosphere
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2014
The job is very easy so you can't expect much in the way of pay at least not from my experience. If anything keep track of what you make to insure you are being paid properly. All of my co-workers are pleasant to work with and help make the time pass. The supervision during my shift is in a nicer word poor and not really a necessity in my opinion. At times it can get slow which isn't too bad, you can just try to find things to do. The downside to that is the unsavory supervision can make it very unpleasant to want to work an entire shift.

Over all it's the average culinary industry job. So you can expect the normal atmosphere as if you were working in a restaurant. It's a good position to make a little extra and is very flexible with conflicting schedules. I'd imagine with a few changes in the management's concerns for their employees needs, and a better evaluation of shift supervision it could be a better place to work.
Pros
easy, flexible, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
supervision, pay, low advancement
Flexible scheduling
Community Guide (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FLNovember 20, 2014
Work duties required sorting food in freezing temps with no help, fun atmosphere, sometimes slow and little to do to stay busy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
worked alone usually, no breaks, poor managing staff
Easy job, flexible with school/life
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Store management is very flexible, and willing to work with you on any situation. Co-workers are great, customers are great. All you do is sell health conscious people prepared meals, and member accounts. Its like any store front retail position. Be careful of the owner though. He's critical, hard to please, and employees seem to be last on his list of priorities.
Pros
Great management, co-workers, and flexiblility
Cons
Low pay, owner, no real opportunity to advance other than a yearly raise.