Fitness 19 Employee Reviews

fun, high energy environment
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Working with Fitness 19 in a management role requires minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hour days on most days. At least 3 to 5 days out of the month, we are required to stay at work until quotas are met, even if that means you are there past 10 to 12 hours. Great experience while it lasted but time to move on to a career that gives there management employees a much more balanced home/work life.
Pros
free membership, decent compensation
Cons
long hours, 6 to 7 a day work weeks.
Great Starter Company
Personal Trainer/ Boxing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CADecember 14, 2018
A great company to start personal training and learn. The work environment is very friendly and is very similar to a family, great people and great place. Management is very good and well organized, even though mistakes are made by everyone in life, fitness 19 goes above and beyond to fix them. The hardest part of the job is maintaining yourself at a high standard. However there is no corporate structure in how to train clients, giving you freedom to express and utilize values that fit to you as a trainer.
Pros
Great Area and People
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Love my General Manager who was the one who Hired me, Fitness manager is questionable
Behavior Coach, Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 11, 2018
My General Manager is sharp and very understanding of me. I have worked under him for more than three years now. The pay is very low though and the new Fitness Manager is questionable. He is biased who he gives training clients to.
Pros
General Manager
Cons
Unethical behavior of fitness manager
Poor management.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 19, 2018
Revolving door of managers. Independent contractor but it was difficult to get fair session prices in the area with the equipment selection the gym offered. Poor work culture.
Stepping stone
Bookkeeper/ Club Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 15, 2018
Good place for entry level career and to promote positive living. The work environment can be stressful at times. Work for the company for over 4 yrs, there's opportunity for advancement that can be competitive and require more than your job criteria.
Pros
flexible
Cons
sexual harassment
Great place for college student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
It was a great place to work in for a college student currently living with parents. But if you have bills to pay and live on your own and want to progress its not recommended.
One of my favorite locations
ZUMBA® TONING & ZUMBA® SENTAO INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 26, 2018
I absolutely love teaching my classes at this location. The members are so welcoming, and I've grown to know many amazing people over the years teaching at this gym. It's very family oriented, and we have a great Manager.
Pros
Great members
fun friendly staff
Front Desk Receptionist/Child Care (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 24, 2018
Everyone who works at fitness are very hard working, but thats not all they may be hardworking but they like to have fun anyways there are many times that we work together to fit a problem or to make the quests get what they want
Fun place to work at, but management wasn’t good.
Sales Representative, Daycare worker (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 14, 2018
The fitness 19 I have worked at was poor management which is why I’m currently looking for a new job. Was lying about getting paid a certain amount to new hires. Horrible.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 9, 2018
They make it a stress free work environment and have VERY flexible scheduling. Great for students and learning basic customer service skills, or get experience working with children in the kids club.
Pros
Free gym, great employees, fun learning environment
Cons
No health care benefits.

Want to know more about Fitness 19?

Ask a question
really fun and friendly work place
Children room (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIAugust 7, 2018
Fitness 19 is a really nice place to work and i enjoy showing up to work every day. Everyone is super nice and welcoming as soon as you step inside. The managers are kind and tell you the expectations that you need to put forward.
Productive and friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 27, 2018
This was actually the best job I feel Ive had. I loved going to work every day. I loved the people I worked with and it was a professional yet friendly environment. I felt we all worked as a team to exceed the goals of the company and I really hated that our location shut down. I had an amazing supervisor who truly cared about each of his employees.
Fun workplace
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be assisting the members with any questions or concerns. Also, helping potential members pick the right membership that fits their needs.
Fun, Adventurous
Adversiser (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 24, 2018
This job was pretty fun, because they had you dancing around with a sign to attract people to come to the gym, and it also was adventurous as you had to help flier for them
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Short breaks
Meet Interesting People
Manager/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
Typical day of work was opening and closing the gym.
I learned how to negotiate and deal with literally all groups of people.
Management was okay, but not proactive.
Hardest part of the job was the unsteady paycheck.
The most enjoyable part was to help people.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Very low pay rate
Working in a gym
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 13, 2018
The atmosphere was great when dealing with the members of gym. It was a small community gym so there was familiar faces and everyone knew your name. The other side it wasn’t ran well, it was ran by fear. Low wages made it hard to hiring Good and willing workers.
fun place to work
Child Care/Reception (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. I have formed life long friendships with my coworkers and still talk to old members of the gym! I think this is a good place to work if your'e looking for a temporary/seasonal job!
Fast paced, foot in door approach
Fitness 19 Fitness Dihrector (Former Employee) –  1060 East El Camino Sunnvale CAJune 20, 2018
Fast paced productive environment. Healthy attitudes with positive employees. Learned quite a bit being hired as Fitness Director. Typical day at work was managing a team of 10 Personal Trainers with little direction
Pros
Got to work under Owner
Cons
High turn over rate
I love this gym.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Fitness 19 is a very fun company to work for . It’s very friendly and very easy to get along with the other employees there . It is and not very expensive to work out.
Pros
Friendly, good environment, easy going .
Cons
Pay is not all that good . Hours are pretty bad as well
Good business
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maywood, CAJune 9, 2018
The company is really great because you work diffrent people and learn new things. Rotation around the clock so that everything will be met on time. There always overtime
Pros
Workout for free
Cons
Booking appointments overlap