Fitness Connection Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend becoming part of any management with fitness connection
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend becoming part of any management with fitness connection. Get ready to work 7 days a week. Pay isn’t all that vs the time you put in. You won’t get quality of work life balance here. Why kill yourself for a job that is willing to replace you in a sec?
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Long hours, Quality of life balance don't exist
Great learning experience for teaching me what NOT to look for in a job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2018
If your looking for a career, this is not the place. Be prepared to learn on your own and if you don’t succeed, be prepared to be told it’s your fault although there is NO support from upper management or executive team. Your job will ALWAYS be in jeopardy. If you have a bad month, be ready to feel like their worst employee. Goals unrealistic to hit consistently without jeopardizing your integrity (and the sad part is...upper management knows this). No development of staff to promote to higher positions. Be ready to work long hours-NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE and there’s no effort to change this. Members and staff that work in club are best part of job
Pros
People you work with and members
Cons
Long hours, no 401K, poor benefits, pay does not commensurate with hours worked, favoritism with management, no room for growth, no contingency plan for growth, training and development of management poor
Clean and friendly environment with great management
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 11, 2018
I love working for the company simply because you get a lot of experience working with the many different people and all of the problems that arise. I’m really big on cleanliness and organization. This company teaches me how you have to deal with different people in different ways.
Understaffed and unhygienic
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 5, 2018
While working for the kids club numerous demands for cleaning products were denied. The ratio of children to attendance was abysmal. Only a few employees were competent. The rest pulled stunts like leaving in middle of shifts, being inebriated on the job and talking on their cell phones in the presence of parents and children. The managers would have us work when the city shut off the water. It is a direct violation of OSHA to deprive employees of sanitary restrooms and the fact that this was a gym put everyone at risk for staph infections.
fun place to work
Child Watch Attendant (Former Employee) –  indian trail ,NORTH CAROLINAJuly 29, 2018
love to work in this place ,fun and great co-workers
I learned how to be patient and collaborator
I met a lot of different people and different cultures
the hardest part of the job is when you have to work under pressure and the most enjoyable part was when all the kids are happy and having fun
Great temporary position with fun atmosphere
Front Desk Associate and Childcare (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Had a great work environment. My managers worked well with my schedule. I learned more about advancement and the business world from my managers who took the extra time to take me under their wings. Overall great experience.
I love fitness connection
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77077October 27, 2018
The job develops you in your management position and it always feels like family.Only thing I suggest, is more flexible hours that equals good pay. Please implement retirement plans and better health coverage.
Its an ok place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
Working at fitness connection is not bad at all. You can learn new things to help improve yourself. You can actually build a career out of it, however, if you do tend to make a career out of this, than get ready to work six days a week, and one day off. Also prepare yourself to work bell to bell. This only apply s to managers only. Overall its a okay place. It really comes down to who you work for.
Pros
Fun enviroment?
Cons
majority of your life is taken by the hours
Easy Schedule, Mediocre Pay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
As a trainer you make your own schedule and hours and you only come in to train if you don't want to work full time. That is great for scheduling and you get to do whatever days / times work for you. However you only get paid for the time you train so you have to keep your clients and hope that your sales team gets them for you.
The flipside is that there is no sales involved if you don't want to hunt for clients which is fantastic for someone who loves to train but not sell.
Pros
No sales
Cons
Compensation is average.
Not worth it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 13, 2018
Did not enjoy the management. Didn't train their employees nor did they attempt too. They put you in front of a computer and the second day your expected to know what your doing by a bunch of books. Not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Sitting at a desk or walking around waiting for people to come in.
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 14, 2018
The staff were always nice and respectful, and I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers. The work was engaging and challenging, and the other gym members made sure I felt good about my work.
Pros
very little nitpicking, very fair
Cons
pay was low
Not worth it
Fitness Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2018
You work very long hours during the week to meet your daily goal, with barely in personal life. If you want to go to college, then that’s out of the picture if you want to keep the job. Management only shows favouritism with people hitting goal daily. Your job is threatened from management and up with one bad day. Instead of allowing people to grow, they hire people on the outside from other gyms. You are basically not to take no as an answer and put people in an awkward position. Breaks don’t really happen for long. The pay isn’t worth what you are doing. It’s very competitive with no bonuses. Management hired a new guy paying him more money while I was there for a while and doing really well as the youngest consultant. I got denied a pay raise until I said that I was looking for a new job.
Pros
Keeping your sanity with members and coworkers.
Cons
All of the above listed.
Slave Drive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2018
Basically slavery, once you realize that your salary is less than min wage for the hours you work you’ll start looking elsewhere. Basically a place holder until you find a better job. The gym industry is broken and you’ll never make money like you used to. Still drive numbers but pay you less and work you more
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, stress
Stay Away
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Unrealistic goals and super unprofessional management. You work 6 days a week from 9-9 on 5 days and 4-9 on the day after being off. You'll be worked to the bone if you stay here for to long.
Pros
Free gym Membership
Cons
No life, Stressful, Underpaid
fun job for high school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
fast paced on peak gym days, a chance to interact with different people, must sale items such as drinks and supplements. the job was okay because I had a chance to meet and interact with the members but at the time of my employment management was not up to par.
ok place to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2018
this job was ok, besides the fact that most of the workers are extremely lazy, but there's not much to do at a job if you're not a consultant or manager. But even the managers didn't do much of a job. There's a lot of gossip and workplace drama which is really annoying. But the kids were cool and it was a fairly simple job.
You're only as strong as your management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fitness Connection simply because it was not a difficult job. The only aspect that made the job difficult was the inconsistencies within management. If management were to strengthen, I believe the establishment could improve drastically.
Productive and fun work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 23, 2018
Amazing place to work, amazing management and co workers, i would absolutely recommend working here to anyone who is in need of work. Everyone is very nice and supportive and will definitely be counted as my best work experience
Nice job experience
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Wonderful job with extended opportunities and crafts that u can learn from and take else where to succeed, and build a future. It’s good to know that u are helping people
Improve and better theyselves
Its a good job for a trainer starting out in my case new to the area
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2018
aside from upper management being strict about forcing the trainers to wear the horrible microfiber polyester shirts that carry stains and odors and flat-out refusing to even consider changing them, this job is ok. As a trainer you must work a lot of session hours to make a desirable income. there's no on boarding so you have to learn the company standards as you go. No medical dental or any other benefits offered to my knowledge
Pros
easy and pretty laid back
Cons
uniform, long hours, no benefits