Fitness Connection Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fitness connection
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved working their, if I didn't move I would have continued to work their. My co-workers were just like family. If I had to complain I would say I wish they paid more. I needed to work two jobs to pay rent.
Worse company to work for
Fitness Consultant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 29, 2018
No opportunity for growth, horrible management, and the pay is minimum wage. They expect so much out of you for the pay. Work-life balance isn't there.
fun place to work
Child Watch Attendant (Former Employee) –  indian trail ,NORTH CAROLINAJuly 29, 2018
love to work in this place ,fun and great co-workers
I learned how to be patient and collaborator
I met a lot of different people and different cultures
the hardest part of the job is when you have to work under pressure and the most enjoyable part was when all the kids are happy and having fun
Productive and fun work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 23, 2018
Amazing place to work, amazing management and co workers, i would absolutely recommend working here to anyone who is in need of work. Everyone is very nice and supportive and will definitely be counted as my best work experience
fun job for high school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
fast paced on peak gym days, a chance to interact with different people, must sale items such as drinks and supplements. the job was okay because I had a chance to meet and interact with the members but at the time of my employment management was not up to par.
Not worth it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 13, 2018
Did not enjoy the management. Didn't train their employees nor did they attempt too. They put you in front of a computer and the second day your expected to know what your doing by a bunch of books. Not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Sitting at a desk or walking around waiting for people to come in.
Clean and friendly environment with great management
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 11, 2018
I love working for the company simply because you get a lot of experience working with the many different people and all of the problems that arise. I’m really big on cleanliness and organization. This company teaches me how you have to deal with different people in different ways.
No balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2018
Pros: Great internal staff and team members. Front desk and sales team are the face of the store. Friendly customer base.

Cons: Elusive goals and overly demanding schedule. Misleading growth and opportunity.
Pros
1 Hr breaks
Cons
No comission
Great place to learn the business
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
Full of opportunities to grow and develop. Become a leader in your department and in the industry. Set goals and develop strategies to reach beyond expectations.
You're only as strong as your management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fitness Connection simply because it was not a difficult job. The only aspect that made the job difficult was the inconsistencies within management. If management were to strengthen, I believe the establishment could improve drastically.
Slave Drive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2018
Basically slavery, once you realize that your salary is less than min wage for the hours you work you’ll start looking elsewhere. Basically a place holder until you find a better job. The gym industry is broken and you’ll never make money like you used to. Still drive numbers but pay you less and work you more
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, stress
Job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 21, 2018
Scanning Members in and handling guests. Making sure guest policies are followed. Answering phones, recording phone inquiries on membership in the phone ti book. Over night there are no managers. Straightening the weights. Handling difficult members is the hardest part of the job.
Fun Place to work
Kids Club Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 20, 2018
check in and out kids at the kids club while parents work out at the gym

Play with kids

Keep them busy in activities like board Games, Arts and Craft

Always look out for their safety
Pros
Fun with kids
Cons
No breaks
ok place to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2018
this job was ok, besides the fact that most of the workers are extremely lazy, but there's not much to do at a job if you're not a consultant or manager. But even the managers didn't do much of a job. There's a lot of gossip and workplace drama which is really annoying. But the kids were cool and it was a fairly simple job.
stressful
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Nobody is happy with anything, always making you feel like you never do enough. sometimes they love you and in less than two weeks they hate you. they always move you around thinking that the locations will improve but they never do.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no free time
Not worth it
Fitness Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2018
You work very long hours during the week to meet your daily goal, with barely in personal life. If you want to go to college, then that’s out of the picture if you want to keep the job. Management only shows favouritism with people hitting goal daily. Your job is threatened from management and up with one bad day. Instead of allowing people to grow, they hire people on the outside from other gyms. You are basically not to take no as an answer and put people in an awkward position. Breaks don’t really happen for long. The pay isn’t worth what you are doing. It’s very competitive with no bonuses. Management hired a new guy paying him more money while I was there for a while and doing really well as the youngest consultant. I got denied a pay raise until I said that I was looking for a new job.
Pros
Keeping your sanity with members and coworkers.
Cons
All of the above listed.
Understaffed and unhygienic
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 5, 2018
While working for the kids club numerous demands for cleaning products were denied. The ratio of children to attendance was abysmal. Only a few employees were competent. The rest pulled stunts like leaving in middle of shifts, being inebriated on the job and talking on their cell phones in the presence of parents and children. The managers would have us work when the city shut off the water. It is a direct violation of OSHA to deprive employees of sanitary restrooms and the fact that this was a gym put everyone at risk for staph infections.
Nothing is stable
Kidsclub (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 3, 2018
Favoritism, Favoritism, Favoritism
In every department. It doesn't matter the work you do or the numbers you make. All that matters is how much you kissed a** and those are the ones that get noticed and raises/promotions. SOO many good people quit because they never got recognized for working so hard.
Pros
Free membership, kidsclub
Cons
Everything else!!
okay starting sales job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2018
75 phone calls, 35 leads, 10 appointments, 3 shows. make calls appointments and talk to new clients wanting to become members. sales tactics. work place is fine, no hard part. talking to members
Pros
members, free membership
Cons
bad managment
Nice atmosphere.
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 23, 2018
Compensation is low, work hours are brutal, and management sucks. The best thing about this job would be the free membership and the members. This is a job to work if you're in school or living at home.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Hours, management