Fitness Connection Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Unrealistic goals and super unprofessional management. You work 6 days a week from 9-9 on 5 days and 4-9 on the day after being off. You'll be worked to the bone if you stay here for to long.
Pros
Free gym Membership
Cons
No life, Stressful, Underpaid
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 14, 2018
The staff were always nice and respectful, and I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers. The work was engaging and challenging, and the other gym members made sure I felt good about my work.
Pros
very little nitpicking, very fair
Cons
pay was low
I loved it when i worked here.
Assistant Manager / Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
Learning management skills. Management organizational skills, sales, retention, inventory, and healthy proctive processes. It's no way you can not love working here.
Great temporary position with fun atmosphere
Front Desk Associate and Childcare (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Had a great work environment. My managers worked well with my schedule. I learned more about advancement and the business world from my managers who took the extra time to take me under their wings. Overall great experience.
Fitness connection
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved working their, if I didn't move I would have continued to work their. My co-workers were just like family. If I had to complain I would say I wish they paid more. I needed to work two jobs to pay rent.
Worse company to work for
Fitness Consultant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 29, 2018
No opportunity for growth, horrible management, and the pay is minimum wage. They expect so much out of you for the pay. Work-life balance isn't there.
fun place to work
Child Watch Attendant (Former Employee) –  indian trail ,NORTH CAROLINAJuly 29, 2018
love to work in this place ,fun and great co-workers
I learned how to be patient and collaborator
I met a lot of different people and different cultures
the hardest part of the job is when you have to work under pressure and the most enjoyable part was when all the kids are happy and having fun
Productive and fun work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 23, 2018
Amazing place to work, amazing management and co workers, i would absolutely recommend working here to anyone who is in need of work. Everyone is very nice and supportive and will definitely be counted as my best work experience
fun job for high school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
fast paced on peak gym days, a chance to interact with different people, must sale items such as drinks and supplements. the job was okay because I had a chance to meet and interact with the members but at the time of my employment management was not up to par.
Not worth it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 13, 2018
Did not enjoy the management. Didn't train their employees nor did they attempt too. They put you in front of a computer and the second day your expected to know what your doing by a bunch of books. Not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Sitting at a desk or walking around waiting for people to come in.
Clean and friendly environment with great management
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 11, 2018
I love working for the company simply because you get a lot of experience working with the many different people and all of the problems that arise. I’m really big on cleanliness and organization. This company teaches me how you have to deal with different people in different ways.
No balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2018
Pros: Great internal staff and team members. Front desk and sales team are the face of the store. Friendly customer base.

Cons: Elusive goals and overly demanding schedule. Misleading growth and opportunity.
Pros
1 Hr breaks
Cons
No comission
Great place to learn the business
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
Full of opportunities to grow and develop. Become a leader in your department and in the industry. Set goals and develop strategies to reach beyond expectations.
Okay.
Gym Monitor/ Referee Official (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
Can be better, should pay more. We do more then what we are paid for. Management is pretty good they make the job better. You learn different things about the gym which could help in certain careers settings.
Pros
Attire
Cons
Pay
You're only as strong as your management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fitness Connection simply because it was not a difficult job. The only aspect that made the job difficult was the inconsistencies within management. If management were to strengthen, I believe the establishment could improve drastically.
Slave Drive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2018
Basically slavery, once you realize that your salary is less than min wage for the hours you work you’ll start looking elsewhere. Basically a place holder until you find a better job. The gym industry is broken and you’ll never make money like you used to. Still drive numbers but pay you less and work you more
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, stress
Job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 21, 2018
Scanning Members in and handling guests. Making sure guest policies are followed. Answering phones, recording phone inquiries on membership in the phone ti book. Over night there are no managers. Straightening the weights. Handling difficult members is the hardest part of the job.
Fun Place to work
Kids Club Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 20, 2018
check in and out kids at the kids club while parents work out at the gym

Play with kids

Keep them busy in activities like board Games, Arts and Craft

Always look out for their safety
Pros
Fun with kids
Cons
No breaks
ok place to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2018
this job was ok, besides the fact that most of the workers are extremely lazy, but there's not much to do at a job if you're not a consultant or manager. But even the managers didn't do much of a job. There's a lot of gossip and workplace drama which is really annoying. But the kids were cool and it was a fairly simple job.
stressful
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Nobody is happy with anything, always making you feel like you never do enough. sometimes they love you and in less than two weeks they hate you. they always move you around thinking that the locations will improve but they never do.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no free time