Fitness Connection Employee Reviews

It's a job
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2019
Not much beyond that. Come in and clean. Keep the place clean and that's all that's expected of you. Corporate is constantly changing management, so don't expect to get too connected to the team you start with.
Pros
pays
Cons
little to no advancement oppurtunities
Low pay/No advancement
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 12, 2019
I worked here while in high school, the pay is terrible & you don’t really make money unless you’re the general manger.
Management uses the front desk/Memebrship team
to hit their bonuses which brings them more money but not you.
However the environment is amazing & comes with a free meme membership.
Pros
Work/life balance, membership, fitness knowledge
Cons
Terrible pay, no advancement
no direction
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2019
unrealistic expectations with no real direction. looking for work horses with no leadership skills to put into manager roles. NO work life balance. absolutely none at all. anyone with real business acumen is considered a threat.
Kids were great but management was not
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 23, 2019
I liked working with the kids and they made me laugh, but often times there were too many for me to handle. Several weeks I watched 160 kids alone. I would get in trouble for not having a good enough eye on specific kids and front desk and managers didn't come in there. It wasn't until I put in my 2-week notice that the company hired someone else to be in there in the evenings. The shifts aren't continual and it isn't worth 8/hr with no way to gain extra money. When I requested days off, the manager would make me feel bad and say things like "I guess you don't want the money, I guess you could use a pay cut if you don't need the money."
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Over worked, Understaffed, No breaks
Worst job to work
Fitness Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2019
They pressure you to force yourself to make people buy memberships. You have to get 35 leads a day or your get written up for not get them leads . They are racist at this job they play favoritisms towards Employees. They are not Hugh on African American employees.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Racist, favoritisms, work while your sick
Fitness connection
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
good for college students, they are flexible and fun job. they do a lot of events and Zumba events you can join. over all it is a great job and you will get different managers over the years
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I was worked at the Kids Club center where I would watch the kids. I was mainly at the front desk portion, where parents would check in their kids. When I was not at the desk I would be with the kids and making sure that they were having a good time, and all troubles were resolved.
Fun while you're in school but customers are the worst
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I loved working there, you meet a lot of new people but after a while its a lot of new people. Management changes every 3-6 months and same goes for all employees. Its great with school schedules. The only thing that sucks is having to deal with entitled people that believe they are owed your arm and leg for their $10 a month. It really takes the best of you trying to keep it together because "the customer is always right", and what sucks more is that its an everyday thing.
Pros
co-workers, flexible schedules
Cons
customers, pay
Poor work place. No opportunities to advance.Very poor pay.Poor management, does not keep up with employees or watch over work place.
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I would not recommend fitness connection as a work place to anyone unless you are ok way little to no hours and poor pay. Management does not care about employees or check to make sure everything is running smoothly. No benefits whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, little hours
Not a bad company just bad management
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I really loved working here in the beginning. It was absolutely wonderful and I never would have imagined leaving. Then we got a new manager and it became miserable. I am training for management and because of the other managers here I do not even want it anymore. Sales works for the managers bonus but do not even make commission themselves.
Pros
Fun environment, free membership.
Cons
No breaks, too competitive
Propel your future
Operation Manger (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 8, 2019
The position is good, the promotions are weak and the salary is loose.
The job is good as long as you conform to the clubs current leadership.
There are a lot of "cliques" with this company, you are with them or you are an outsider who falls on their sword.
Worked to death with little pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Most employees are honestly good and fun people so I made plenty of friends at this job. The management, well it depends who your in-club manager is. The district managers and VP WILL put tremendous amount of pressure on you at ALL times to SELL. If you’re struggling, they will threaten you with “you better pick it up or I’m gonna have to replace you.” Training is on your own, no one really trains you, you learn as you go. You need a day off because it’s your dying great-grandma with stage 3 cancer and you need to visit? Good luck getting permission to take off. They don’t care unless it’s THEIR family. Stay away!! Terrible workplace. Managers don’t even get a 401k.
Pros
Free gym membership, 2 hour breaks
Cons
Work 6 days a week, negative reinforcement, try to bribe, scammers
Fun work atmosphere when around customers but different atmosphere among employees/management
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2019
The gym itself has a great dynamic, with a very friendly fit community. However, the management team does come off as rather curt and annoyed when may times when handling customer situations regarding malfunctioning equipment, billing issues, etc. They are not very flexible with the inconsistent bi-weekly schedule considering the company mainly runs on part-time workers with full-time jobs already. Also the General Manager of the Techridge location near North Interstate-35 looks on female members/guests coming in and out of the gym in ways I would not particularly deem "appropriate".
Productivity
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER/SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2018
It was great working with Fitness Connection. Fitness Connection had their SOP's in place and always pushed for personal growth and professional growth with their employees.
yup
Customer Service/Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2018
just a temporary job nothing permanent. people that work there are cool and fun to be around. bordom factor really playes a huge role in the job. if you don't like sitting around, job isn't for you.
great place
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 18, 2018
I really was loving this job the customers were so nice they always came in with great spirit and ready to enjoy a session and I liked helping customers feel comfortable in investing in the gym
Wouldn’t recommend becoming part of any management with fitness connection
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend becoming part of any management with fitness connection. Get ready to work 7 days a week. Pay isn’t all that vs the time you put in. You won’t get quality of work life balance here. Why kill yourself for a job that is willing to replace you in a sec?
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Long hours, Quality of life balance don't exist
Great learning experience for teaching me what NOT to look for in a job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2018
If your looking for a career, this is not the place. Be prepared to learn on your own and if you don’t succeed, be prepared to be told it’s your fault although there is NO support from upper management or executive team. Your job will ALWAYS be in jeopardy. If you have a bad month, be ready to feel like their worst employee. Goals unrealistic to hit consistently without jeopardizing your integrity (and the sad part is...upper management knows this). No development of staff to promote to higher positions. Be ready to work long hours-NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE and there’s no effort to change this. Members and staff that work in club are best part of job
Pros
People you work with and members
Cons
Long hours, no 401K, poor benefits, pay does not commensurate with hours worked, favoritism with management, no room for growth, no contingency plan for growth, training and development of management poor
I love fitness connection
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77077October 27, 2018
The job develops you in your management position and it always feels like family.Only thing I suggest, is more flexible hours that equals good pay. Please implement retirement plans and better health coverage.
The management at the time was terrible.
Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 22, 2018
The job itself was fine the management was terrible. However, after the fact when I left that job I heard they did a complete overhaul of management. I just am not willing to work for the pay they gave me at the time.