Five Below Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,012 reviews
Five Below
Management (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 20, 2018
Great company to work for and a growing company. Lots of possibilities for advancement if you are willing to do the required work. Fun fast pace environment.
fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 20, 2018
This isn't a job, this is more of a paid recess, you have the chance of making everyone who walks in the store feel welcomed. The easiest thing about this job was everything, I recommend you working here.
Decent
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 19, 2018
Good for a first job in high school or college because the pay is very little and the hours suck. Other than that my manager was very nice and my it was a fun job.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough money
Poor upper management
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 19, 2018
I was the CEM for my store. The store manager, merchandise manager, and team lead all came from a previous location together. I was second in charge according to my DM, but that never took place. The store manager was best friends with the merchandise manager and had prior history with the team lead, so they never got held responsible for their actions. The overall environment was stressful. Creating fake emails, marking off stolen merchandise as damaged, and creating fake associate observations took place often. The DM did nothing to correct these issues.
Pros
Nice vacation and personal time
Cons
Terrible upper management
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 17, 2018
Wasnt to fast paced which can be stressful. co workers were amazing and fun to work with. hardest part of job might have been unloading the truck with merchandise but even that was fun to do.
Pros
alot of diversity
Cons
low hour salary
Eh
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 16, 2018
If you wanna be on call for just over minimum wage, go for it. You wanna push cheaply made junk on customers? Go for it. No commission but they expect you to sell.
Fun But Understaffed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 14, 2018
It truly is a fun place to work for, however cooperate and management prove to be very nettlesome. Rules and guidelines are rarely followed, and even the district manager failed to follow the most basic rules. Hours often times drop below ten hours a week. Often times problems with payroll. However, if you are a high school student or are looking for something fun to do on the weekends I might suggest working here.
Pros
Fun, easy work enviroment
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to start your employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 13, 2018
Get place to work when you are first looking for employment. Great hours for there employees. Many stores in many locations to fit the needs of the employee and customers.
Overall Good Starting Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2018
Five Below is a retail store designed for most all ages but mainly for teens. It has a great atmosphere and is a great place to work for your first job.
A store that has a bunch of toys and gimmicks for children
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 11, 2018
I usually worked 7-8 hours a day. I had very little breaks, and when I got my break i would only have a fifteen minute at best. The management was not great because there was very little help or cover when needed. The co-workers are very interesting and cool but not hard working at all. as a person who comes from a working family, I had to take on many tasks while my co-workers did very little to help. The most enjoyable part was when i got the discount off of the stuff in the store. another enjoyable thing was that the customers were down to earth and they liked to conversate.
Very stressful place to work!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 10, 2018
You'll like managing a Five Below if you don't mind people treating your store like a garbage can. They let their kids run wild play with everything and the vast majority never tell their kids to put anything back, just drop where you are we are leaving. Then management gets upset that for the most part 2 people can't run the store and clean up after a couple hundred people come through and do this.

You will also love working here if you don't mind every email you send getting ignored, or requests going out to deaf ears. Maybe next year they won't have to go to court because someone will be for the business license.

All around this was the most stressful job I have had in my 20 year career in retail and I have even done fast food. If your young and willing to relocate, yes you have opportunities. There is no consistency and who knows by the time you work there probably no hours left to run the stores, because they are disappearing faster then polite shoppers.
Pros
20% discount, my kids liked that I worked there.
Cons
terrible communication from above, terrible health care, no consistency in what you are doing.
Fun Workplace
Cashier and front-end worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 10, 2018
Everyone is so happy and sweet and the managers are just as nice! The holidays were fun we wore different hats for different holidays and we made the best of our work days!
Great place to work for
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2018
Normally just assist customers with their needs, being behind the cash wrap and fixing things all day, dealing with management. Its nothing too hard, if you're good with management and co workers its a great place to work for especially high school students
Calm and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2018
This was my very first job and i really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to a friend from experience. I worked only seasonal but it got me ready for other jobs in retail.
Fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 8, 2018
The managers are very helpful. The stores were clean. Everyone helped eachother. We were all close to eachother. The hours were flexible but sometimes the hours werent enough.
Pros
Managers, discount, small store
Cons
customers
Good
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 7, 2018
Five Belwo was a good job experience. You are to learn more about the company and the team members. You are also, able to improve in different areas of the store.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pays mid wedge
Highkey sucked
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 5, 2018
Managers were not good for the job. They were very rude and unprofessional. They would often make rude remarks to me whitch led me to quit. The managers would make you do part of their job on top of all the things you already had to do.
fine place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 1, 2018
dealing with customers putting things all over the store and making messes very laid back place to work some management it great and have favorites but
Eh it was Holiday help
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deptford Twp, NJAugust 1, 2018
I didn't want to leave nor to be let go, I never called out and never was short on my til… kind of sucks they didn't keep me.. I know I was only holiday help but they should've kept me, I love it there.
Pros
Got along with everyone
Five Below
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 31, 2018
I want to get myself back into a medical office job. I miss working with patients. I have well Over 10 years in patient care and 24 + years as a retail worker and manager. I always treat patients as family I would want rude people to talk down time or my family.
Pros
I give my all. I’m easy going. I don’t raise my voice .
Cons
I am working on myself to be more confident.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Below. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

47out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Five Below.

Powered by Comparably