Five Below
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Five Below:

Five Below Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA42 reviews
It's a friendly environment, chill atmosphere but mostly just a high school job.
Pros
fun, interesting inventory
Cons
pay is not so great, job to get through high school
I have been with the company since November 2019 and been promoted 3 times. I am now a CSM coming from a sales rep. when you make a effort, and stay focus anything can be done. I love the engery, and being busy is fun too. I look at this as a challenge, and a take off to better. I Love the atmosphere too. Have fun and lead with positivity everything will be fine.
If this is your first job it’s a great start, but other than that it isn’t worth it. Management does not care about their employees well-being and the hours are not flexible. The amount of work you have to do is also not reflected in pay unless you work during the holidays. If you’re over 16 this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a first time job get your experience and leave.
I liked working at five below it was a very good environment and the employees are very friendly I enjoyed working here it was very fun and the managers and people are very friendly here
Pros
mangable time for jobs
Cons
short breaks
• poor training
• pay not enough

• too many projects not enough payroll

• shipment would be the worst broken pallets

• discount 20%, could be better

• improve software comptures
Pros
Provide you with a "free" tshirt
Cons
communication
Helped me get a better job and know what not to look for in a future job. It offered basic insight on how to be a sales associate but beyond that it offered no further investment or goals.
From what i do remember, you need to keep the store clean and ring through customers when they are ready. You don't sell, just clerk. Young customers like to steal cheap candy.
Pros
Easy job for easy money, good first retail job
Cons
Slow, uneventful shifts abound.
Its hard to say what a normal day looked like, everyday was different which made working there exciting and challenging. I learned a lot about sales, merchandising, training and leading store teams. The hardest part about working there was probably that there was not as much support from the cooperate office as i believe there should have been.
Pros
Opportunity to work in different locations
Cons
salary was low for a while
Five below is a good first job for teenagers and people in high school. Or people who are out to make a little change on the side. Honestly it was an underwhelming experience.
when i worked here it was a great job. always looked forward to coming to work. there was always room to grow within the company! i was always on time.
The company management is too mediocre.
Work environment is too stressful.

The working hours are little and the working schedules are crazy

Corporate take way to long to address any of the employees issues and it's so frustrating
Pros
No lunch
Cons
15 minutes break
You essentially run the store. You clean, cashier, do stock, re-shop. It is an over all fun place to work at and not very high pressure. Its a great first job!!
Tasks are easy to get a hold of and the managers are very nice. The store is small so it is easy to find something or someone else. The coworkers are hard workers.
I Havent learned anything. The tipical day there is clocking in, then you go to the stock room or back room and pull merchandise out to stock it on the sales floor, then you opeaning boxes for a total of 8 hours,
My Experience at Five Below was really fun and energetic. The managers at the store that I was employed to was incredible. My fellow coworkers were incredible as well. They made sure that the work environment was safe and a fun place to work
I loved this environment and it was very friendly and encouraging. Made me feel at home, and invited. It was a pleasure working here Nevertheless overall it was a good environment and I would recommend this place to people who like a good working envirmoment.
Working at the location I was at was enjoyable for the holidays along with my people on the staff and crew! Though management is a bit too competitive and too strict on certain tasks, more so during the holiday season. It more depends on who's in charge and the time of the year.
I was a sales associate. There were about 4 working registers. I would bag items and answer customers questions. I would also have to put away items misplaced around the store.
My firsy day was great, great employes that helped me and quickly became my friends.i was excited to go to work everytime because the environment was fun.
Pros
New things everyday
Cons
Hoilday=long lines for cashiers
Full time job with great people and great management. I enjoyed my time here very much. I gained a lot of experience in sales and organizing and designing shelves. It was a great experience working here
You don't really get paid a lot to do all the work they want you to do like projects But it is an overall good job especially if it is going to be your first job!
Pros
20% off stuff you buy
Cons
Not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Below. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Five Below.