Five Guys Employee Reviews

Found 3,386 reviews matching the search See all 3,812 reviews
Fun work place, will not talk badly of a work place.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 19, 2019
I loved my job! And would still be working there ,but, I was promised a premonition for many years and after almost 8 years of being there I realized I was not going to get it.
Busy and fun workplace
All positions (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 19, 2019
Five is a great place work for the customers and the coworkers are great I love when it’s busy , working there Is very easy ,the raises are awesome. That’s why I like working for them
Fun and skill place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 19, 2019
You will have fun at Five Guys with the music that is playing and yelling out patties and fries to your coworker. Also, we do everything at a fast pace. Soon as a customer walks in, it’s go time.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 19, 2019
i honestly hated this job so much that i had to leave or i would have gone crazy. i would not recommend this job for anyone under the age of 20. they will take advantage of that.
Nice pay, Poor Management
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2019
This is a wonderful job for a teen that does well in fast paced environment and doesn't mind getting up early or late. You get paid pretty nicely and weekly. But with my personal experience, if you don't say anything they will work you hard. They work 8 hours shifts at a time, while I was there, the longer I worked the less and less I got breaks. You would just have to hope you got the nice manager that day and they'd give you a break.

If you've never stepped in a five guys, the kitchen is crowded with at least 7 people in the front kitchen, and sometimes 1 or 2 people in the back cleaning or something. When I worked I had to come in 4 hours before opening to help prepare food (got there at 8 opens at 11). But I will say that if you want to work my hours they have no problem giving it to you. They consider that a double and you'll definitely get your break.

You are able to get tips, but the rule at my location at least is that you only get tips if you opened that morning, and those who opened at the end of the shift split the tips. Make sure to ask about it because they'll take your share and not say a word.

Our location was close to a movie theater so weekends especially when big movies come out, it gets really jam packed all day. Sometimes people will wait outside the door 15 minutes before opening. When I did get breaks I got free lunch, and whenever you start a shift there you can get a free drink.
Pros
Free Lunch on break, Nice pay check, Paid Weekly
Cons
Possibly no breaks, Poor Management, Crowded and Hot
Worst place ive ever worked
Five guys manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2019
Management is a clique. They single people out and bully them until they reach a breaking point. If you have personal beef with management they will single you out until you quit. I worked at multiple locations within my franchise and found the same thing at every one of them. Since they are franchises and considered small businesses they dont have to offer insurance or benefits of any kind. The pay is horrible. There is not a single good thing about working for this place.
Very productive and fun place to work at.
Food Service Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Deer ParkJune 18, 2019
A typical day at Five Guys includes: helping customers at the register, working on toppings for burgers or hotdogs, working the grill, and working the Fries. The hardest part of the job would be working Fries because you have to work at a certain pace in order to get the food out in time to the customer.
Productive and fun work place.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 18, 2019
love working for five guys. Great employees, our customers are wonderful. The job is not hard to do at all. The food at five guys is great. Love being a part of the five guys team.
Good work place.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 17, 2019
Five Guys was a good place to work. My manager at the time was great but after a while he stepped down and we had a new manager and she was not a good manager at all I believe she should be replaced.
Fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2019
It puts money in my pocket it’s mainly for high schoolers not somebody with a family unless your a manager. Other then that it’s okay if you need a second job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes no break
Busy place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 16, 2019
Five guys is for fast people, if you want some job that keeps you busy all the time then you should try there, its nice Managers are great. Its great working environment .
fast paced but can be fun
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2019
it was a fun fast paced environment just needed better training. a typical day would be going in cleaning the lobby then restrooms, restocking the condiments and anything else, going on cashier or prepping food or taking orders.
very productive they always made sure wewerent sitting around doing nothin.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 16, 2019
a typical work day for me was going in cleaning the dining room every 15 minutes including bathroom windows and checking the trash and
stocks.then doing the cashiering and when it wasn't busy i would help out whether it be the cheese or washing the dishes in the back. the hardest part would probably be just learning how to do everything at the beginning.The most enjoyable part would be the people you work with because although you didn't know them everyone would still have a cheerful attitude with you.
Pros
we do have one free burger each day but you can have as much fries as you please.
Cons
one week you will be working 20+ hours the next your working 10- hours
Terrible
Five Guys crew member (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAJune 14, 2019
Secual discrimination, steakng mony from checks, couldn’t even get them to give me over 25 hours a week. No advancement or acknowledgment. Getting thrown under the bus constantly.
Cons
Bad Management, hardly any flexibility, low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, FLJune 14, 2019
Working at five guys is a very fast paced, anxious and stressful job. There is no competitive pay, and wages do not exceed $9 for crew members. I left because there was no sense of growth, and the environment was very negative and hard to work in.
Friendly environment to work
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 13, 2019
The employees were nice , and the job itself wasn’t stressful and the managers were very helpful. The hours and starting pay we’re fair , but overall it’s a nice environment to work in.
Good experience overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 13, 2019
the Team I worked with was really great however things in the company sometimes felt disorganized and I often had to pick up the slack or was given extra work.
Pros
Our manager Son was great and the team we had was very close
Cons
No discipline when it came to those who didn’t care about there job
work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 12, 2019
learned how to make the food their way, watched videos online, fast paced, the company went through two different managers when I was there within 2 months. Lack of consistency
Nice clean place to work.
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 12, 2019
Very nice place too work, VERY clean I just loved everything about it. The staff was great we all came in with a smile on our face! We love too make our customers happy even if we had to redo the order (which never happens cause it was always cooked on time & the correct order.)
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
A little too far
It was a toxic environment because some of my co workers would start fighting a lot
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2019
I learned a lot of customer service and the work place environment was to toxic like for example if somebody was having a bad day period they would bring all that energy into the work place and from what I was taught when working in a business or any type of work place whatever is going on personal don't bring it into the work place
Pros
We got 100% employee discounts
Cons
We had 30 min break but sometimes i would get a little longer because at the time i was pregnant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Five Guys.

Powered by Comparably