Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews

United States5,348 reviews

Found 5,348 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,205 reviews

I liked working there

working there was fun and I got to eat a free meal I just didn’t like some of the managers I don’t know if they are still there are not but one of the managers was very rude.

Fun and easy work place

Very good coworkers , pay and tips were decent and there is also weekly/ monthly bonuses ! Will indeed over work you though if you don’t say anything though Free food when u work !

Five Guys insights

Based on 4,095 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun and stressful some times

I loved this job but I had to give it up for better pay to try and not become homeless cause they cut hours didn't give raises like they should. hiring people and not pay fairly to each person for there experience people who didn't have experience got paid more than people who had experience. But in a family crisis they are there for you they do give you time to deal with family issues and I love that about them

Hectic sometimes and cleanliness oriented

If it is not busy then you clean a lot of places that don't really get seen by the customers that is not related to making food or taking everywhere in the store has to be clean cause they are secret shoppers that rate your store and every store is competing who has fast and friendly service and who has the most clean store front of the house and back of the house. Which I find really annoying that the owners get on everyones case on every little spot in the store you have to clean there even though customers don't care about that spot.

Really Easy and Super Fun

Hired on Spot , mangers really nice and understanding. Free Food when you work every shift which is a plus , job just seems really really easy overall. I can’t wait to they finally open .

Good People

Although the people I worked with were good, sometimes I wouldn’t get days off I requested and many times found myself doing multiple positions while others just sat around doing nothing.

Job searchers beware

There is no work life balance. Expect to work 6 day weeks and be called in. There is no support from management for the crew. Takes months if not a year to certify managers. There is no room to grow within the company. Best part was the tips but that’s not even half of the amount previous. They hire addicts, ignore them relapsing until it’s too late

Fast and Fun Workplace

Five Guys was my first job and I loved it. Great coworkers and management was awesome. The workflow was fast at times considering it is fast food. Five guys is all about their crew and they did a pretty good job proving it. My crew was the best group I have ever worked with. The only downside I had was serving customers while enforcing covid-19 mandates. A lot of the time customers would become angry. Most understood the situation and were very cool about it. If you’re looking for an inclusive and fun workplace, Five Guys is it.

Flexible and fun workplace

I have worked here for almost 4 years. Most as a crew member and the rest as a shift leader. It was my first job and I enjoyed my time here as the work and life balance was really flexible. The managers and employees are great and fun to work with and the work is not too heavy for those who are looking to work in the food industry.

Pros

Free lunches, flexible schedule, great and secure location

Cons

Rarely it is understaffed

Good job... if you're a man

Good environment. Nice coworkers. Most management is nice and flexible/accommodating. Not a whole lot of opportunities to move up. Especially if you're a girl, be prepared to only take orders, clean, and *maybe* get to prepare buns if you're lucky. You will also straight up be trained differently than male coworkers, too. But if you want opportunities and to actually cook your time is better spent elsewhere.

Bad and unsupportive work environment

At first I thought this job was going to be great until not even a month in, I was already being yelled at and berated for not learning fast enough. Coworkers and managers constantly talk bad about eachother and were prone to getting angry and impatient, assistant manager was a horrible and difficult person to work with and it was hard connecting with anyone. Coworkers also talked bad about the customers alot, even when the customer never did anything wrong. This job made me realize how important work environment is for me and so I decided to eventually quit once I had enough. I'd rather get less pay in a job I'm happy to go to than stay in a place like this.

Pros

Free food, good pay

Cons

Terrible work environment, poor communication and lackluster training

It's retail what else is to expect.

A typical day at work at five guys is walking in, finding out what you're running, and going on from there. Depending on how staffed the day is, you may be running multiple stations. I learned a lot about multitasking and just handling situations I didn't really either like or agree with. Management is good, but it's almost always changing.

Good pay

Good pay but treated like your in high school. Constant call offs. People not trained properly. Have to constantly worry about shops and steritech. Place to only work temporarily

you get free meals

it was fine, the manager really makes a difference on your shift. they are fairly clean and the people there really vary. sometimes the general manager makes you complete tasks that only a manager should do so that is irritating.

Most Unprofessional Job I’ve ever had

I worked at Five Guys for almost a year. I never got a raise or promotion. I never felt included or like I got any credit for my work. I felt like everyone would leave their posts and I would do all the work. Employees (managers and crew) would smoke in the back of house around all the dishes and food. They would sit in the back and socialize instead of actually working. Muncie’s store also underpays all employees in comparison to other locations by at least 5 dollars an hour and never gives raises and always gets more people added to their staff when they can’t give other employees hours. They are not a very welcoming bunch. Everyone is very mean and is always insulting other employees. Worst job I have ever worked in 7 years. I would not recommend this job to anyone who wants a job that’s professional, organized or fair.

Pros

Free Lunches, steady paced and tips

Cons

Management, atmosphere, no raise, unclean

Boring place to work

Very boring mostly spend time cleaning up about 20 the most 30 customers come on morning shift . Just not very busy makes time go by slow I’m not sure

the management is very unprofessional.

The management will say whatever is needed to get you in the door, but will abandon you after they have trained you. Do not expect any back up either from your gm or dm, because they will not be there for you. they expect you to work short handed and will not help you. If you ask to be trained, they will not train you unless it benefits them

Pros

money is decent

Cons

i never got a break. i worked 10 hours and couldn't even sit for 5 minutes

management and hours

I loved this job for months until a certain general manager came in. She was a complete and total narcissist and many people quit when they found out she was coming into management; never mind after. She basically used/manipulated all of her employees except for her favorites. If you did anything she didn’t like and she didn’t need you she’d be arrogant and rude. My last few weeks working there my hours were cut from 27-30 a week to 15 due to “not enough business”. However some people kept those same hours. I quit due to these reasons.

Not so great first experience

The company reels you in with all the things you want to hear. But there is 0 security, one location is downtown Brooklyn and there is 2 different homeless shelters nearby so there is constant homeless people relieving themselves in the area and within the restaurant. There is no respect in the workplace and is often conflict. If an incident happens on the job or in the store they do nothing to compensate you for damages or even care enough to make sure you are alright. They make enough money to pay workers more but refuse. Because they are so cheap for 2 years straight the ac was broken in the summer time yet miraculously fixed during the winter when it is not needed. The workload is overwhelming for a closing shift crew. They expect so much to get done with not enough time to do it in. Instead of calling a mechanic most of the time when things break in the store there are workers designated in solving the issue. Even though it is not in the description. Overall it is good if you need something short term and quick. Not good enough for long term working goals

Management is a joke

They only gave me a rise we I was the only employee to come back to night shift after they remodel job was fun ar first over time it got stressful for no reason

Fun to work at, a lot of responsibility for the pay

I worked there for 5 years and loved it most of the time. With 5 years there's a lot of upside and downs. Mostly downs. Work is fun and easy. Customers are usually nice.

Pros

Free food, flexible schedule

Cons

No benefits for crew, too much responsibility for too little pay, corporate managers are non-understanding of personal lives, and work responsibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Five Guys with

• Five Guys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?