Five Guys Employee Reviews

Found 3,032 reviews matching the search See all 3,421 reviews
Alright work but very repetitive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Nothing wrong with working at Five Guys other than that it is a minimum wage job in food service, which means that you are gonna have problems with management who take themselves to seriously and customers who go out of their way to ruin your day. Work here for the summer or during school, not for an actual career, because there is nothing here for that.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Managers, customers
Fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Would've stayed longer I just needed somewhere where I could provide more for the start of my family at the time. The employees I worked with made the job fun.
Great job to work for.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 21, 2019
One thing I can say about 5 guys is that they notice a hard working employee and they take initiative. Great atmosphere with great managers in my experience anyway. They had given me many opportunities to grow and for that I continue to thank them, they gave me chances when no one else would because of my young age and for that I try to be the best manager I can be and it's no walk in the park that's for sure I work at a pretty busy store and even busier when an event is in town (we're right beside an arena). I have days where we do 5,000 days with just myself and 4 other employees!
Pros
Free meals, quick promotion/ raises, great management, simple job
okay job
Five Guys (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Pretty stressful at times, learned how to work in a fast paced environment, the management i really bad, the hardest time of the job is closing shifts
Good for a first job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2019
Working at five guys is fairly easy there isn't anything in particular that is difficult to do or understand the main cons of the job is the lack of consistent hours.
Pros
free food
Cons
sporadic hours
stressful
Cashier/Line Cook/Food Prep/Stock & Inventory (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 19, 2019
In the beginning it was a good place to work. But when management changed and the employees changed. I felt uncomfortable and disrespected. I like what I was doing. But the environment.
Pros
I like what I was doing
Cons
disrespect
productive and fun work place
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Good place to work as your fist job teaches you speed and communication skills like delegating jobs between crew.
provides you with food safety knowledge
Pros
great work environment, team oriented
Cons
costumers sometimes complain about the price
Stressful Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 18, 2019
If you work poorly under pressure definitely isn't the job for you. Customers leave peanuts all over the floors and the managers are unprofessional, One time I got yelled at during a rush for a simple mistake. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun and enjoyable
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 18, 2019
Working at Five Guys was probably the best jobs I've worked for. My coworkers and management were phenomenal. The workplace was pretty chill, steady at times. Hardest part to me was when we got rushes of people. More so in the winter time since we have our winter visitors come through and getting orders from large parties were sometimes confusing. Although the enjoyable part was the friendly people that come through. Its always so fun when people come in to eat and start to talk story with you.
dont do it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast USAJanuary 18, 2019
I ran a tough environment store and lost the support of leadership. I then became the target to force me out. It worked! I wasn't appreciated or supported so I got the h*** out. Leadership was so desperate for management that they rehired the same guy 5 times, even after he kept walking out on his shift when things didn't go his way.
Pros
Can be a positive environment if you have leaderships support
Cons
that bullseye aint big enough if your boss doesnt support you.
Productive but fast pace and non stop movement.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2019
It was an okay job but for me it was something quick to earn some money before i left for college. I don’t think i would like to work there again though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work load
Fun workplace
Bagger/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 17, 2019
It was a good experience coming in everyday. I learned time management, customer service, and cooking. There was no hard parts for my job I'm a quick learner.
Pros
Washing dishes
Cons
cooking fries
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Things I accomplish as an Cashier/Customer Service are great product knowledge and understanding
of customers, ability to successfully manage time and prioritize tasks, improve different types of
interpersonal communication, I also gain skills in food service. I learned the true meaning of a crew
member which is a hard worker whom is willing to thinking about the team as a whole. It was a great work environment , and wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the quick pace.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Attitude of customers
A very hardworking environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 16, 2019
The days were long and filled with things to do. When I worked at this Five Guys they were short staffed the entire time. I loved my coworkers and most of my managers, everyone new how much energy and focus everything took, so no one was tough on anyone. The hardest part was working night or evening shifts, more specifically the closing part. Closing at Five Guys really sucks, you have to put away and date all the food, wash all the dishes and deep clean everything. Since the Five Guys I worked at was always short staffed, we never had enough people to close with on time. most days we closed the restaurant at 10pm and got finished with everything we had to do around 1:30am sometimes when we had 3 people it would take until around 3am. Now I am not blaming the management or the owner at all for this, we got clocked out based on how fast we cleaned. It is just that we never had enough people to properly clean it on time. By far the most enjoyable part was working with my friends, I worked with 3 people I went to school with and I made friends with everyone else that I could.
Pros
Free food when you were working.
Cons
Long hours.
Good first job, but that's about it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89135January 16, 2019
At Five Guys you are expected to pick up the slack for the others on your team that are not good at their job, which was most of them. In my time there I worked with very few coworkers that actually knew what they were doing and were good at it. They're way too strict for a burger joint that pays minimum wage, and make you do way too much for that little pay. You can do much better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too strict, too many incompetent workers, terrible management, stingy company
job
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 15, 2019
theyre great. I would definetly recommend. it gets hard sometimes. but its a team effort. we all help each other out. whether its cooking or cleaning. I learned to help others.
Good place to start getting work experiece
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I learned how to work in fast pace environments. How to deal with customers and how to help their needs or complaints. Some days started out peaceful and steady some days you had to jump in on a rush to help your fellow team to make it as stress free as you can. The hardest parts were the rushes. The most enjoyable part was closing and enjoying the music and cleaning.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small areas to walk around in.
Five Guys Burgers and fries
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
This place was great to work for but from the owner down everything is good. Several ways to earn bonuses with mystery shops and other great ways. gotta love some FG
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CashierJanuary 15, 2019
This was one of my more likeable jobs the pay this was not what I was looking for to provide for me in my family so I have to do better things nothing bad to say about Five Guys
Pros
Free food
Cons
Cleaning up
Very fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 14, 2019
Five guys is a fun experience, everybody gets along and does their job at a very good pace. The staff is very friendly and the manager is really layed back and calm. The customers are always in the mood for a conversation and food of course.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, break time, very social, secret shoppers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Five Guys.

Powered by Comparably