Five Guys Employee Reviews

working
Cashier/ Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 17, 2018
its a cool place to work in meet new people the hours are cool the staff is great i just had to take a leave to help my wife because she broke her leg but im ready to work
Fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Five guys is a very fast paced restaurant. Working was not easy but with toughness you can get through a busy day. Closing shifts were mostly cleaning at the end of the night.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late shifts
Fast paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 17, 2018
It's a wonderful place to work but in small doses and only if the people on your shift actually can balance work and play. If not you will have to deal witg trying to do a lot of jobs at once.
Pros
One free meal on your shift
Cons
Very stressful and fast paced
Simple when you know what you're doing
cook, prep, register (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Depending on location and management is what makes your fives guys. A typical day can be really busy or chill. My self I've learned pretty much everything there I need to know and I enjoy most of my days, but the job can sometimes be tedious.
Pros
Free Food every shift
Cons
No benefits
problems with the franchise
Crew (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Lacking in the upper management is a connection with crewmembers on a daily and friendly basis. Total and complete lack of decency lead to incapability of franchise owner.
Cons
not worth it
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716January 16, 2018
Fast paced fun workplace. Although you are expected to close with very few people and you get out late. You are not paid enough for all of the work you do.
Productive and fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with the five guys team. Everyone had a super good time while still getting the job done. They were very helpful with needing time off.
It didn't work out for me
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed what I did at Five Guys, but I was given very little hours after a few months of working. One of my managers has been unprofessional when it comes to important things at the restaurant such as giving breaks to employees and training new employees. If it were not for these major inconveniences, I would have easily recommended this job to a friend.
Pros
Great discount or free food
Cons
Sometimes no break, low hours
Cook/Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Very productive environment, like it when it gets busy, friendly employees, just a lack of management. Need more team players that's willing to work and not complain about being there.
Pros
Free discount on break
Cons
Only discount when working and on break
unfair
Team leader/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 15, 2018
would not wish this job on anyone. the training was terrible and us managers were working to hard for what we were getting payed. Disobiant crew. no respect
fast pace good customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 15, 2018
ran as a team on the floor, stay in your position, set break, management found reasons to let employees go due to low volume of customers after it opened. let me go because of medical issues. good food though
Pros
free meal on shift
Cons
strict managers
great starting job
Lobby Staff, Prep cook, Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to start out with or end up at. I personally couldn't see myself working any longer than a year there but everyone is different. if you can stand being drenched in the fragrance of grease and fries then this is the job for you.
Pros
i liked it
Cons
i liked it (very unhealthy for me)
Fun Workplace
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there & would recommend this job to anyone who’s interested in a fast paced challenge. The job did require a lot for a Part-Time Position.
Learning Grove
Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2018
The experience in general is just different. the staff the management, they are just all tenderhearted. when you have people motivated to make money like you anything can get accomplished.
Pros
When customers tell you that you have an authentic smile. oh! yea free food.
Cons
rude customers.
Awesome job when things were managed properly
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 12, 2018
When I first started at five guys the atmosphere was unreal everyone happy everyone engaged. Upper management made personal decisions that affected the company greatly or at least in my district.
When the district managers worked with you to make a solution the job was great when they abandoned certain stores in their district it wasnt.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough money
fast paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 12, 2018
This was a fn place to work everyone one was nice and friendly. I learned hoe to make french fries from scrach using a 3 step process. I also enjoyed the musice that they played
Pros
discount on food
Cons
one break
Not fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Not a very fun place to work due to the rude management and workers.they expect way to much for little pay and really no days off missing oneday can result I being fired the mangers show favoritism according to sexuality very unprofessional
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Alot
New Opening
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 11, 2018
it was a new start up and it was very chaotic. no one seemed to know what they should be doing and it got very frustrating. The person doing the schedule didn't communicate if you were on the schedule or not, so you really didn't know when to show up.
Promises Never Kept
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 11, 2018
Alot of HOT AIR from Corporate Folks and HR with NO results.
NO Hot water for Days even up to a week at a time, Ops manager claims no money to fix hot water heater. Dishes improperly cleaned due to cold water washing.
had to provide my own computer with promises the Store computer was on the way, took 7 months to get a new computer from corporate.
ops manager makes calls as early as 640 am and as late as 11pm including days off, if ever a day off was allowed.
Bonus program not lined out honestly or realistically.
Benefits not as amazing as the OPS manager promises and states.
Pros
1 Meal per day with a 12 to 14 hr work day
Cons
List is too long
Five Guys
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TN 37167January 10, 2018
Typical day at work consists of prepping everything fresh. Management has gone downhill. The hardest part is when we get a major lunch rush. The most enjoyable moment at work, is when you are able to sit down and take in the relaxation because you just worked a rush and you can feel proud of yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.