Five Guys Culture reviews

Found 556 reviews matching the search See all 3,264 reviews
They are good
BOH and FOH crew member (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 10, 2018
Great place to work, make you step out your comfort zone, teaches responsibility to first time workers. It is an all around great place to work. Good pay
Productive, Fast paced, and fun
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 8, 2018
In a typical day at my last position, i opened the restaurant by prepping food, and making sure everything is set up for a day of success. Also making sure everything is clean and sanitized. I started out as a cashier but soon cross trained in every position. I would also train new associates on the operations of the restaurant. Working at this company i learned the meaning of leadership. The management was awesome. Everyone respected each other and tried to have a good time while staying on task and making sure the customers are satisfied. The hardest part of my job would be closing sometimes because we were often short handed. I really enjoyed working here because everyone worked together as a team, especially when things would get hectic.
Pros
experience and free food per shift
Cons
no breaks
My favorite job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 7, 2018
My time at Five Guys was great, I met the friendliest people I've ever had to work with, the managers were really nice and the whole job culture at Five Guys is great, I wish I could've stayed even longer
Fun & Fast Paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 6, 2018
An enjoyable place to work, cool people & management. You only work with 4 or 5 people at a time, so it's a lot of getting to know your coworkers especially when the place isn't busy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A lot of customers
Very good place to work
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 5, 2018
The crew is very spontaneous and energetic which allows the crew to be efficeint and meet ticket times. The management team does a great job ensuring companies standards and creating a fun work enviornment
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very busy
Extremely fast paced and stressful, no time to sit and mess around.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 4, 2018
Working with multiple different managers, there is definitely a huge stress on smiling and being nice to customers, as well as putting in 100% effort at all times. The manager that I worked with for the majority of my employment was not very good at communication, and was a little too controlling over the staff. The music, though, did create a more fun environment for both the workers and the customers.
Fun job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 2, 2018
It was a great experience working at 5 Guys. There was a lot of good crew members working there and the Management was always supportive. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Fast past but great experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 2, 2018
I loved working for five guys it Taught me how to really multitask and how to communicate with customers, they were really clean and made sure that staff had great attitudes.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 24, 2018
I loved working at five guys, the only draw back was the constant change in management for GMs, even though it couldn't be prevented, but my last Gm was okay not great just okay.
My one before that was great, he was awesome to work with and knew my potential and how good a job I did. He was an awesome boss. If a five guys location has the right atmosphere and balance it thrives and works great with employees and needs a good organization too.
very fast paced, good working enviroment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2018
in the short time i worked at five guys, i exerienced a great experience. i enjoyed the people i worked with and many oppurtunities. really nice people
Fun working enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDOctober 18, 2018
Always something to do.people were very nice.managers did a wonderful job keeping everyone on track. Everything was always cleaned at night. Wonderful staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Great job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, NJOctober 15, 2018
Great place, flexible hours and has space for career opportunity. Friendly environment and great staff. I would recommend this job to anyone. Also kid friendly
Was a good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company during my time there. The atmosphere was great , the people were nice and the benefits were pretty good. Overall a good experience.
Great company to work for.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
Company's mission was at for front of every meeting. Would have monthly manger meeting to help calibrate their cooking procedures, Have weekly conference calls with my mangers and set goals for following week. Loved the ability to have different sources of communication with my team.
Pros
Great open door policy with upper management
Cons
No marketing to promote company
Eye opening job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 28, 2018
This job can really test your patience, leadership, collaborative capability and resilience. This job is amazing for potential unlocking and to see if you're cut for a small time restaurant. During my time I felt as if the restaurant was my own and had to care for it. Closing can take a while but it is only mandatory as the cleanliness of the shop was satisfying to both customers and employees. Very high expectations led to me feeling at home with the hard work needed at this job. I felt as if I was competitive, not against my coworkers, but against the company. Racing against time to close or proving to ourselves and the company that we are worthy of the secret shopper bonus was all fun and satisfying from an overseeing perspective now that I look back.
Pros
Free lunches, very collaborative, hard work = more hours
Cons
poor management, If low staff - can be stressful
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2018
A typical day at Five Guys is a busy one. I learned under pressure how to maintain to get the work done as a team. My manager was fair and very vocal, any problem he was open to listen, talk, and make a way to solve anything discussed. The hardest part of the Job was the stress of trying to do it all fast when there is a rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was aking the customers happy, getting those shops, and working as a team just great vibes.
Pros
shops
Awesome Work Environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 17, 2018
Five Guys is a wonderful place to work. I have grown so much with and because of the company. The ideals and goals of the company are very manageable and not too stressful.
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at work would be me doing paperwork truck ordering a lot of computer work if i was needed in the front id go. i learned to be a manager how to talk to others and how to make sure my customers and employees are happy.id typically walk out in the doing room make sure it was a clean and safe environment id also talk to the customers while i was doing my walk through's. it was always a happy culture as long as the employees were happy.the hardest part of the job was to gain respect from older and younger employees especially with me being young.the most enjoyable part of the job was the communication with my customers they'd come in and ask for me and leave me good reviews
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks on certain days
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 12, 2018
this is a fast paced job sometimes but it is an awesome place to work and the people there are great. customers are awesome and the food is to die for.
Pros
free food
Great place
Assistant Manager hourly (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Very fun place to work and growth is available. They take great care of their employees as well as management. Uniforms are very very very comfortable
Pros
Great place
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight