Five Guys Employee Reviews

Found 3,378 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
Good work place.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 17, 2019
Five Guys was a good place to work. My manager at the time was great but after a while he stepped down and we had a new manager and she was not a good manager at all I believe she should be replaced.
Fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2019
It puts money in my pocket it’s mainly for high schoolers not somebody with a family unless your a manager. Other then that it’s okay if you need a second job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes no break
Busy place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 16, 2019
Five guys is for fast people, if you want some job that keeps you busy all the time then you should try there, its nice Managers are great. Its great working environment .
fast paced but can be fun
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2019
it was a fun fast paced environment just needed better training. a typical day would be going in cleaning the lobby then restrooms, restocking the condiments and anything else, going on cashier or prepping food or taking orders.
very productive they always made sure wewerent sitting around doing nothin.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 16, 2019
a typical work day for me was going in cleaning the dining room every 15 minutes including bathroom windows and checking the trash and
stocks.then doing the cashiering and when it wasn't busy i would help out whether it be the cheese or washing the dishes in the back. the hardest part would probably be just learning how to do everything at the beginning.The most enjoyable part would be the people you work with because although you didn't know them everyone would still have a cheerful attitude with you.
Pros
we do have one free burger each day but you can have as much fries as you please.
Cons
one week you will be working 20+ hours the next your working 10- hours
Terrible
Five Guys crew member (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAJune 14, 2019
Secual discrimination, steakng mony from checks, couldn’t even get them to give me over 25 hours a week. No advancement or acknowledgment. Getting thrown under the bus constantly.
Cons
Bad Management, hardly any flexibility, low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, FLJune 14, 2019
Working at five guys is a very fast paced, anxious and stressful job. There is no competitive pay, and wages do not exceed $9 for crew members. I left because there was no sense of growth, and the environment was very negative and hard to work in.
Friendly environment to work
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 13, 2019
The employees were nice , and the job itself wasn’t stressful and the managers were very helpful. The hours and starting pay we’re fair , but overall it’s a nice environment to work in.
Good experience overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 13, 2019
the Team I worked with was really great however things in the company sometimes felt disorganized and I often had to pick up the slack or was given extra work.
Pros
Our manager Son was great and the team we had was very close
Cons
No discipline when it came to those who didn’t care about there job
work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 12, 2019
learned how to make the food their way, watched videos online, fast paced, the company went through two different managers when I was there within 2 months. Lack of consistency
Nice clean place to work.
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 12, 2019
Very nice place too work, VERY clean I just loved everything about it. The staff was great we all came in with a smile on our face! We love too make our customers happy even if we had to redo the order (which never happens cause it was always cooked on time & the correct order.)
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
A little too far
It was a toxic environment because some of my co workers would start fighting a lot
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2019
I learned a lot of customer service and the work place environment was to toxic like for example if somebody was having a bad day period they would bring all that energy into the work place and from what I was taught when working in a business or any type of work place whatever is going on personal don't bring it into the work place
Pros
We got 100% employee discounts
Cons
We had 30 min break but sometimes i would get a little longer because at the time i was pregnant
Five Guys
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 12, 2019
Prep food, prepare orders, provide customer service, keep a clean work area
Handle complaints
The best part is fast paced work in a fun environment
Fun work culture
Safe food practices
Pros
Free shift meals, tips, bonus
Cons
Poor healthcare benifits
Lame
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 11, 2019
Upper management here is terrible and hostile. HR is horrible as well. Five Guys as a company is okay. San Diego upper management are over their heads and capabilities. I see this company on the west coast failing due to culture lost. Lack of training and high expectations from San Diego's upper management. I was told " you need to get YOURSELF trained" by my DM. No mentors here. San Diego market... Run away fast!!! If you're a regular FOH manager, you'll be eaten alive..?
Pros
Free food
Cons
Upper management is abrasive and hostile.
Shift manager at Five Guys review
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 11, 2019
I started at Five Guys as just an employee, but within a few months I got the opportunity to become shift manager. As shift manager, I trained new employees, overlooked the floor to make sure each employee was working their station safely and correctly. I also controlled the level of weekly inventory the restaurant needed, which includes proper rotation of products and being able to input correct orders for the store. Being a shift manager gave me the power to run the store according to how my manager wanted it to be run and helped me build respect between myself and the other employees.
Bad management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 11, 2019
Bad management, lack of interest for one another, everyone is out to get everyone. Not a place I would recommend to anyone. The food is great but management is a joke.
Requiring hard workers but overall a fair environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 11, 2019
We get many customers in a day so things can be difficult if we are short a person. Managers do their best to help those in the kitchen or lobby. Minors receive the required break and those above 18 still get a break if their shift is longer then 5-6 hours. We get paid every week and we get our share of the tips every month. The weekly schedule is released the Sunday before but it is also occasionally released to weeks before. It is a fun environment and a job I really enjoy.
Worst Place
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 11, 2019
The management are bullies. They can never work anything out and have to wait for upper management to lay the hammer down on their management in their stores. Management then presumes to take it out on their employees. The pay is minimum wage for them asking u to be on hands and knees scrubbing drains. I feel that their high maintence and standards set by Five Guys is not equally compensated with the type of work normal crew members have to do. Also management is only 13.00/hour unless u brown nose your way to a raise. This company lead me the believe several thing at my climb to management, however, I feel that their goal for me was to fail. I was set up for failure from the start by being trained by autocratic managers that tried to be bureaucratic leaders which is never a way to operate a facility. I do not suggest anyone to ever work for a place like this.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Management, short breaks, not enough breaks.
Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 11, 2019
Was a awesome place to work, fun, happy, energenic. They worked well with what hours you was avalable to work. They are a non smoking resturant / work place
Fast pace organized Fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 10, 2019
Five Guys burgers and Fries was a fast paced fun atmosphere where are main goal was customer service and making sure everyone had a great experience. The management team was very helpful you could move up in the company if you had the drive to do so.
Pros
Fast paced work environment goal driven incentive driven knew what was expected.
Cons
I was flipping burgers greasy and I smelled like the restaurant when I went home!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss