Five Seasons Family Sports Club

Working at Five Seasons Family Sports Club: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

managementclubmemberfreejobbadexperiencepeople

The cafe

being able to make friends with the employees around you. Also being faced with having to come up with new stuff for the menu to drive sales and bring in people to try new things. the hardest part about the job is working alone and getting a lunch or dinner rush.

Great clients

Great club atmosphere! Good management. Easy going and relaxing environment. Programs for example Tennis, aquatics and more are perfectly structured.

Pros

Free membership

Five Seasons Family Sports Club insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

Can be a fun workplace if you’re alllowed to do your job and not pulled away from it.

The amount of weekly meetings was too many! The time taken away from your core job was excessive and there were never enough employees to meet the needs of the clientes.

Pros

Some free food but the expectation is to pay

Cons

Pulled to other areas within the club to help, worked above scheduled hours, no extra pay working more hours

laughable

Don't care for their employees, with all the money they make they take vacations and give out poor pay for all workers, besides the coaches that have been there for 6+ years.

Terrible Tennis Director

Worked there 11 years. What a mistake. Corporate office stripped everything away from the Pro’s.Your on your own when you start there. No Pro benefits. No trust in Mgmt. They lie to you. They don’t back up their word.

Pros

Cons

No work hours. The Director does not help with your growth.

Low compensation, poor management

They are still only paying minimum wage, which its pretty bad considering most of the clubs around are paying way more. the management at the club is ie unprofessional and dysfunctional.

Poorly manged.

Poorly managed. This company has the potential to become a highly respected health club in northern Kentucky, however, the management does not foster this potential.

Negative

Would not work here again. Lack of management. Run down club. They hire alot of young people, who aren't responsible. Managers quit and leave with no one to manage.

Excellent Job

Great place to work when just starting out, wonderful facility. Under new management that are motivated to improve the facility but not as motivated to build relationships with staff and members.

Pros

Free Gym and Pool Membership

Cons

Expensive Healthcare

not to bad,have some fun of the game, play the tennis,swimming

cleaning ,folding the towel,housekeeping ,vacuum the carpet,trash removal learning by people,by the supervisor not too bad,a lot of thing to do,, play the tennis, take care of the kids,swimming,

5 Seasons

My day at 5 seasons was always a lot of fun especially because of my managers. I took a big toll on my life dealing with my move from Texas to Cincinnati. When I was there for college I managed to go through school, work in the mornings, go to class, then to soccer practice and back to work while raising two dogs. I would prep the food in the morning for the day, and make sure that I have back ups for all of our ingredients. I would cook our meals and serve those to our customers. At the end of the night I would clean the food line and make sure the kitchen is well for the morning.

Pros

Great atmosphere!

Cons

Poor high end managment

Great staff!

Friendly environment with wonderful members. Some staff did not care about the well-being of members i.e. cleanliness or overall member experience so that would fall on other staff members to take care of job duties that were not theirs.

I am not interested in reviewing mcdonald physical therapy this is ridiculous i've already spent way too much time working on my resume and reviewing me other job. Goodbye.

Flexibility

I appreciate the freedom to cancel at the last minute due to illness or injury and knowing that the class will be covered. I really like how instructors have each other's backs.

Provided a great start for my first job. I held this position for a few months and it provided great experience, resources, and taught me how to be productive for my future endeavors.

Fun and relaxing but rewarded

It was a great experience, I got to interact with other people and learn about them. The culture was relaxed but the job was rewarding. The job included watching the pool and ensuring safety and also cleaning things around the pool deck.

Discrimination

I met with the main super. It was the worst experience that I have ever had in my professional career. He discriminated against me. He has several family members on company payroll. I do not suggest working for this club

Pros

Cons

bad management

Don't Work Front Desk

Please do not take the front desk position unless you enjoy being the punching bag for every member, guest, and employee in the building. They want you to run the show but you are not at all appreciated or compensated fairly. There is a high turn over and they expect you to pick up the slack in 2 or more other departments while maintaining your work load which is impossible given your duties. The head boss is very sultry and impeding.

Pros

One free soda or coffee per shift

Cons

No breaks, low quality co-workers, bad energy, facilities deteriorating, low pay

Poorly Managed and Stagnant Work Enviornment

You start with decent restaurant pay and get coaxed into taking on more responsibility for the same pay. It's like pulling teeth just to have the pay raise conversation. Not to mention you have to baby sit are the poorly raised kids that come in and ruin the Cafe.

Pros

One free meal (sometimes)

Cons

Short/No breaks, terrible kids to manage

Members/clients are great to work with!

The hardest part is getting people to want to train and getting the clients your self from only members at the club. I tried to make it fun though, for example, if I had two free sessions in one week I would say to myself "ok, I am getting two new clients this week and they will buy packages from me".

Hated it

Hated it. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. My management drove me to an anxiety attack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Seasons Family Sports Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits