Five Star Food Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Management is nonresponsive.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Five Star Perry GaJune 2, 2019
Do yourself a favor, stay far away. The management does not care. The employees are not friendly. I guess the are scared you will tell on them for letting food walk. They are lazy and the place was nasty. I stocked and scrubbed clean the whole 2 weeks I was there. They have to be scared of being fired. Therefore they have more to gain from non training than training. HR did not help. Just stay away no one needs this hostile experience.
Pros
Reduced price lunch
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 28, 2019
This job was terrible ! Management had no clue what they are doing . And the pay sucks ! The lady in the office running coffee was not qualified for the job
Horrible manager
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 2, 2019
I loved my job as cook/cashier. The manager over five star at covenant was pathetic. Very unorganized. Never there and when she was there she didn't do anything
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible management
Hostile/Toxic work enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNApril 23, 2019
Scary place to work. Coworkers are trashy, cuss alot and coerce you into working as fast as possible. I was scared to come to work everyday. Benefits are low to nonexistent. Management is clique-oriented and treats you like an animal. No respect given. The office workers are the only nice ones. OSHA is disregarded here. Expect to lift pallets with no gloves, and jumping into dumpters. The biggest plus side is, free food and decent time off. But if you want to work in a relaxed enviroment, this isnt it. Expect to be cussed out and insulted at least once a week. Its like working in prison or a biker bar.
Pros
Free food, 3 days off. Time goes by quick
Cons
Toxic work enviroment, horrible management, harsh conditions
Do not waste your time
Dining Center Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNApril 8, 2019
Management on first shift was ungrateful . He was so selfish. Coworkers was cool. Love the customers. Roach infestation but I think it was being dealt with
Pros
Co workers, free lunch, people of facility
Cons
1st manager
Good Company
Application Support Engineer/SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 7, 2019
Good company with a great management team with a fantastic vision. Family atmosphere.. Compensation could be a bit better compared to overall IT salaries but is above average for their industry. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great management team, Family environment, promote from within.
Cons
salaries are a bit on the low side for the overall market.
growth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  10135 Stafford Centre Dr, Stafford, TX 77477March 16, 2019
five star gave me the opportunity to show and grow my skills it also helped me greatly with costumer service. I was also able to build great relationship with clients.
Flexible schedule
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 8, 2019
Low pay no raises for canvassing, which is what I did... I had to stop because I started in my 30’s but now in my 40’s... I needed more money rather then 10 a hour and all the walking got to be to much for my back even though I was overweight, I guess that was the problem, but I couldn’t walk up steps that great anymore, my body had enough which is ironic...if you’re in good shape and want a flexible schedule for a few dollars a week this job is great... Also the managers are nice. But they will be on you...
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Low pay and no raises and no benefits
Terrible place to work
Market Merchandiser and route driver (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 8, 2019
This company is by far the most unorganized company known to man. They put you on a route that is in need of major adjustments leaving you to clean up the mess of last guy that quit. They,not one time was correct on my check it was always short.DO NOT START THIS JOB DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON..they promised me my route would clear $1000 a week and without paid holidays i brought home $400 without warning.just an example they will try an fit 50 items in a market that only holds a max of 40 and expect you to cram it in there which looks like trash then they give an evaluation and give low scores so you dont recieve a bonus. The expectations of this company by far exceeds the quality of managers who will hound you over something that is out of your controll.they have horrible hand held scanners that rarely work and takes three times the amount of time it should to do inventory or scan in product. Their kiosk system is a joke constantly recieving too much of one product and never enough of the one that sells screwing up your commission. Seriously an awful company unless you like working 12 plus hours a day and like ripping your hair out because of the stupidity. Common answer for questions asked about things that did not make sense...thats how corporate wants it done..well corporate is full of a bunch of uneducated ppl that do not care about the work smarter not harder method..this place sucks..you could say its a scam
Pros
Zero pros..facts
Cons
Five star food services is a con
Sales role
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Ability to build your own schedule, as long as you produce. Company lacks employee support and culture. Great learning experience within a top company of on-site food and beverage services.
Productive but laid back enviroment
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALJanuary 27, 2019
A very laid back company, with the customer in mind. Management is very willing to help with any needs or problems. Free lunches provided. Friendly customers.
Five Star Vending
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Busy fast paced environment . Better work life home life balance. Not knowing what time you are getting off every day can be very stressful. All in all a good company.
Terrible management did not care about employees.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJanuary 11, 2019
Stay away by fair the most stressful place I’ve worked. Horrible communication. Manger have no consideration of employees or their work/life balance. Dose not care at all about employees just about money and product.
Pros
Worke by yourself flexible hours
Cons
Long days horrible benefits bad management
Not a good place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2018
This place is a joke. You get no training when you start. They throw you into work and cant even answer questions when you have them. No one knows how to do things they guess and then come back to you about why was this done incorrectly. They tell you they are flexible but when you bring personal issues up to them, they are quick to reprimand you then tell you they are willing to help you. Supervisors are two faced and don't care about you. They only care when they need something. These are the fakes people I have ever worked for.
they arent intrested in you only the work that you can do
Night Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2018
your day isn't finished until the orders are done. Typical day is 12-15 hours a day. If they could keep workers that would help the situation. Its a sink or swim environment They throw you into the deep end of the pool and see if you can swim
Fast paced
cook, cashier, inventory (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 22, 2018
It was a good company to work for. the only downfall was the manager to the location where I was employed did not seem to care she would not order the items we needed to meet the menus that were planned out for the week. She also would not do the inventory numbers correct which I highly disagreed with.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Had to work on the clock during lunch break
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work for people that enjoy a very fast paced work environment. Not a place to work if hate cleaning. Great place to learn how to work as a team.
Stay away!
Market merchandiser (Former Employee) –  GaOctober 3, 2018
This place is a joke. Management is horrible. Warehouse is overrun with rodents. The fresh food is transported in a pull behind trailer with a air conditioner trying to keep the temperature cold. The trucks are garbage, not maintained and you will be harassed by DOT. Management is horrible!
Pros
Cons
Listed in the
Outstanding company
Vice President / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga / Nashville \tnSeptember 24, 2018
Well run company. \\\\\senior management attentive to all employees. Great work place environment. All are challenged to provide spontaneous feedback to employees and senior management . Flexible when personal issues arise. Great leadership group. Culture by |choice is a great asset to the company.
An easy job with less than desirable coworkers
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 20, 2018
The position I filled was a saving grace coming off the $9/hr I was making at Publix. I was in charge of handling the 4 or 5 catering orders we got a week for the office staff of the Electrolux plant. On top of that, I was prepping the salad bar for the plant worker’s cafeteria. As more people inevitably quit, I would fill in their positions as well. The core of the problem was the coworker situation. Management was fine, in fact probably the best part of the job. He was a kind and understanding person willing to let me take chances and do things for myself. However, the people who I worked alongside spent their time talking about their delinquent extended family, muttering “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus” under their breath whenever you’d try to communicate with them, or babysitting their mentally disabled offspring that also worked there. Everyone was bitter and set in their ways, unwilling to accommodate an outsider who wasn’t grandfathered in. The job itself wasn’t bad, even with having to spread yourself thin some days. However, the co-worker situation was unbearable. I even pulled in a former coworker and friend to help out with the lack of staff (a mistake on my part) who quit before I did because of those condition. For any well adjusted person, this is not a long term solution.

All this being said, that situation wasn’t necessarily job related, but more a product of the town the job was located in. With a less low-income population, the job probably would’ve been alright.
Pros
Flexible hours, freedom to experiment.
Cons
Coworkers, clientele, working environment, location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Food Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9