Five Star Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Do Not Waste Your Time/Energy
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 26, 2019
Terrible treatment and lies everyday. Planned to use me like a temp and told all staff to not get attached because they were finding someone better in 30 days. Arrogant, and self observed staff who do not help with answering questions or phones and who are quick to blame someone getting paid low so they appear good. A very money hungry click that deceives it's wealthy clients everyday into overcharging, not caring for them and generally only care about $ in their greedy hands. Do not work or do business here. A huge waste of time and money for clients and their families/loved ones.
Pros
Pay, Clients, Clinical Manager before retirement, some staff, food
Cons
Deceptive Practices for staff/clients, pushing blame for certain privedged staff, too weird with over management by higher ups with low self esteem
great experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2019
i had an awesome exspirience working at five star home care agency.leared alot of thing with staff and patients from duties to health issues and much more
Enjoyable
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAJanuary 9, 2019
At the end of the month, they give you your patients you have to see and the dates they have to seen by. You make your own schedule and call ahead before visiting the clients home.
Didn't work out
PRN Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAJanuary 8, 2019
Wonderful staff. Didn't work out for me. Complex cases with lots of follow up work. Hourly rate for PRN seemed great, but didn't pan out with work outside of home visits for me.
Ok place to work for people starting out in the medical field
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 7, 2018
Long drives to get the hours you need. They have you bounce all over the place client to client for a limited amount of time. When you arrived to clients home you have to do the job quick and get out to go the the next client.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
Job locations
Comprehensive work place that collaborates and respects 100% the time for the development and educational progress of the caregivers.
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 26, 2018
Start the day with a respectful and relax greeting with messeges of pleasure and interest for the condition of the new day of the client, combined with the ADL, we are developing the day of work,, which as the interrelationship progresses and the needs of the moment along with the programmed, help to know the easy way to the development and maintain an environment appropriate and functional, adaptable to the character of each case/client.
Pros
The client enjoys talking about their professional experience and achievements.
Cons
When the client can not communicate by himself.
Relaxed home health care office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 3, 2018
It was a good place to work. I answered the phones and booked appointments at the front desk. Relaxed environment with nice staff. I would recommend working there!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Professional, committed, and a family atmosphere.
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLAugust 4, 2017
Excellent company with amazing owners. They do everything they can to help you achieve anything you have your eyes set on. They really go above and beyond and I truly appreciate all the help they gave me.
A competitive company in a competitive industry
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Their is a real team atmosphere within the office. Everyone works so well together to meet the challenges of the day. It is a fast paced office with so much potential.
Great environment to learn & grow!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 16, 2017
The office culture fosters innovative thinking, inspires passion to make a difference, motivates to become best of the best!
Pros
Flexibility, paycheck every week, sense of autonomy, wellness driven office culture
Productive and challenging
Skilled Care, and office staff (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 9am and ends at 5pm. I come in at 9am on Mondays and Tuesdays and spend the days processing time sheets. If I don't receive their time sheet by 9am on Wednesday, they don't receive pay that week. On Wednesdays, I process payroll. Thursdays and Fridays consist of enrolling employees in health benefits, and calling employees regarding missing time sheets or time sheets that need to be corrected.

My coworkers are the most supportive and helpful group I have ever been a part of. We all have each others' backs and help out whenever necessary.

The hardest part of my job is the abuse I receive from caregivers when I talk to them about why they did not get paid on time (IE they had not submitted a time sheet, their time sheet had errors, etc). This occurs at least 2-3 times every week. Another hard part about my job is lack of communication regarding payroll.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that all of the office employees are extremely helpful whenever necessary. If I receive verbal abuse from a caregiver, the director will immediately contact them and let them know that it's not okay to do that. The environment is also laid back, but not too laid back where no one is doing their job. Everybody does their job efficiently.
Pros
Healthcare coverage, teamwork
Cons
Lack of communication
energetive and productive place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 29, 2015
Five Star is a great agency to work with. They are very energetive and productive agency to work with
Fiver star agency is very caring and lets their workers feel home and easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Five Star Home Health Care Reviews by Location